• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

derExperte

Other people who got the same graphics card and game (Far Cry 3) as me did.. so yeah I figured I would be included. It's not like they specified any dates when they announced the freebie. But maybe mine just hasn't been sent out yet, a lot of others are wondering too.

Did you really get the Never Settle Reloaded bundle? Because there was a Never Settle bundle before that and that doesn't include Blood Dragon.

edit: Read your other posts. If you bought the card in December it was way before the Reloaded one. When did the others that got BD buy theirs?

Linius

Just started the game a bit and it was really fun. Those dragons are huge :/

Now it's time to rescue 'a nerd' :D

Did you really get the Never Settle Reloaded bundle? Because there was a Never Settle bundle before that and that doesn't include Blood Dragon.

edit: Read your other posts. If you bought the card in December it was way before the Reloaded one. When did the others that got BD buy theirs?
Found this in the terms and conditions
Promotion Period: Promotion Period begins February 4, 2013 and ends on December 31, 2013
Pretty sucky for people who missed out but like they say early adopters get fucked.

derExperte

Found this in the terms and conditions
Pretty sucky for people who missed out but like they say early adopters get fucked.

Well those are two totally distinct bundles with different games. For example I didn't get FC3 (Hitman and Sleepy Dawgs was also included in the first one depending on the card someone bought). And nobody who bought an NV card and got AC3 earlier this year got Metro: Last Light. I wouldn't call that 'getting fucked', it's more like 'totally reasonable'.

Andrew.

Banned
Sweet deal. I was hoping most of the animals were just gonna be found automatically due to hunting missions. Thanks brah!

DagsJT

For those who bought from GMG, you can enter the key into Uplay and use that to download instead of GMG's Capsule app.

Press [Windows key]+[R]
Type in the path to your Uplay.exe, this should look like
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\uplay.exe
Press [Spacebar] and then add:
-upc_uplay_id 205
Press enter, Uplay will start and in your games list you can finally enter your key

Confirmed downloading through Uplay at the moment for me.

FaintDeftone

I got my code from AMD this morning but I won't be able to even start downloading until tonight so I doubt I will get to play much until Friday. Pretty stoked regardless.

Chairhome

ubishop has this up now, according to an email i just received. I will check my uplay account when i get back from work to verify. I used the amd code.

I have a ubishop code to get the game for free. Is there anyone here that wants to play this badly but can't buy it for some reason?

edit: code given away

Chairhome

How did you do it? I can't use the code.

if you're in the US (not sure if there's a region restriction, as some others in different regions say that this doesn't work for them):

Step 1: Go to http://shop.ubi.com/fc3bdamd, Log in or create an account

Step 2: Add Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon PC Download (standard edition) to the shopping cart

Step 3: Click on "Click here to redeem link'

Step 4: Enter the game code below and click apply

Step 5: Click the checkout button and fill out the necessary fields.

Step 6: Click on submit order then click on begin download

I have a ubishop code to get the game for free. Is there anyone here that wants to play this badly but can't buy it for some reason?

id like the code if its possible. sadly money is really tight and its been rough finding work but if someone else already redeemed it then its no problem

id like the code if its possible. sadly money is really tight and its been rough finding work but if someone else already redeemed it then its no problem
alright man, PMing you the code now. I FEEL you on the work front.

I already have the game, so this is a quote to tell you how badass are you :)
damn right son. Tt's funny because it seems like a game I'd probably enjoy considering I liked far cry 3 mostly, but I know someone else will enjoy it more so why waste it on me.

Woorloog

Banned
Tried the demo (360), and i think i will get the full game.
Silly and very fun.
The only think i can missing, based on the demo, is that mid nineties map design would fit this (think Doom, its labyrinthic maps). Well, not sure if missing, just that they might fit this.

Oh and the trailer and live action trailer were awesome.

Developers on Twitter. Jonathan Blow bringing the beatdown, but Dean Evans (creative director of Blood Dragon) takes it like a champ or wimp, I don't know...
nqhH3i7.png

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/status/329480297898979331

It does say Far Cry 3 in the title, though.

This guy. Even if he's joking, he's going to be look the fool if/when Witness fails to deliver. He's currently the epitome of a one hit wonder, someone whose allowed the success of his first game to go straight to his head/ego.

Anyway, how amazing is this game? My goodness, the opening sequence in the chopper was just brilliant, so glad I didn't bother watching any of the leaked videos. The opening was such an incredible experience, the hits of nostalgia throughout...oh man.

sprinkles

I (Germany) can't neither despite seeing the digital download as 'in stock' now. And we have a national holiday today so I'm not too hopeful they'll get it working soon. Well, more time to play Fez. ;)
Maybe the code will only work after 23:00 CET. But then again Blood Dragon is USK16 so we should be able to redeem the codes already.

Did anyone get a DL link for the soundtrack if you pre-ordered it through steam? or will I get it once Steam actually decides to release the game?

Marleyman

Banned
This guy. Even if he's joking, he's going to be look the fool if/when Witness fails to deliver. He's currently the epitome of a one hit wonder, someone whose allowed the success of his first game to go straight to his head/ego.

Anyway, how amazing is this game? My goodness, the opening sequence in the chopper was just brilliant, so glad I didn't bother watching any of the leaked videos. The opening was such an incredible experience, the hits of nostalgia throughout...oh man.

I can't stand him.

They are when people are partially playing the game to hear cheesey one liners.

If they're that sensitive about that kind of thing they should probably avoid the thread entirely until they beat the game, honestly.

The entire thread can't just be black bars and "I uh...I liked shooting one of the
gun at the
enemies.

diffusionx

Gold Member

I'm not so sure of that. This guy ate his own bullshit well before Braid came out. I can't remember a time when he wasn't like this.

antitrop

No different than Phil Fish, but whereas he rightly gets lambasted and called on his comments, this guy is given free reign to continue acting the arrogant arse.

I'll never understand it.

You don't think people loath Jonathan Blow and call him out every opportunity the get? I think they do, and those opportunities are plentiful.

I would not buy Jon Blow a drink if I recognized him at the bar.

Am I missing something? I know I got the reloaded bundle (got my video card just last week) and I turned in the code then to get Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.... but no code came with that e-mail for Blood Dragon. I read up and I assumed that meant I was going to get an e-mail for the code later... and nothing so far. Has everyone else in the promotion already gotten their code?

derExperte

Could we not talk about how everyone hates Blow and Fish in this thread? There's too much of that on GAF already imo.

Am I missing something? I know I got the reloaded bundle (got my video card just last week) and I turned in the code then to get Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.... but no code came with that e-mail for Blood Dragon. I read up and I assumed that meant I was going to get an e-mail for the code later... and nothing so far. Has everyone else in the promotion already gotten their code?

Most have. Check your spam folder.

Top Bottom