• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

No perf issues here. Runs at least as well as FC3, and I'm pretty sure it's actually running better.

So far, the game only had me worried about its quality during the tutorial bit and first 10 minutes or so. It seems to believe that it's funnier than it actually is, but it evens out afterwards. At least so far. Throwing 20-sided dice is puzzling and I have no idea why they thought it fit in with the setting they've created.

Are you playing on borderless windowed mode? It nearly halved my FPS.

Pat_DC

Awesome! Thanks heaps Beaulieu!
The ost sounds 'Rad' from what I've heard so far, look forward to checking out the rest of it.

antitrop

Are you playing on borderless windowed mode? It nearly halved my FPS.

I get between 55 and 60fps in Fullscreen and 40-50 in Windowed Fullscreen. Pretty standard for almost every game that has the option from my experience.

Sometimes it's nice to be able to Alt+Tab very easily, but it's usually not worth the performance unless you can maintain locked 60 in Windowed Fullscreen. If I can lock 60 I'll go WF every time if given the choice.

Megasoum

Banned
I get between 55 and 60fps in Fullscreen and 40-50 in Windowed Fullscreen. Pretty standard for almost every game that has the option from my experience.

I get similar results... I wouldn't mind playing in fullscreen except for the fact that when you alt-tab the game goes windowed instead of actually alt-tabbing.... I know I can just alt-enter out of it when I want to go back in but it still annoys me when a game does that.

Oh GREAT... I'm getting the same UI bug I was getting in FC3... When I play in Fullscreen mode sometimes the hud will shrink ot get bigger for no apparent reasons... Right now my map is super small.

antitrop

when you alt-tab the game goes windowed instead of actually alt-tabbing.... I know I can just alt-enter out of it when I want to go back in but it still annoys me when a game does that.

One of the most puzzling aspects of the Far Cry 3 engine, to me. I figured they would have patched that since I played Far Cry 3 last Fall, but I was surprised to see it still happening when I booted up Blood Dragon today.

Chavelo

Woohoo! Just got an email from AMD that the Never Settle promo that gave me Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite will also have Blood Dragon on it, and for anyone that already redeemed their codes, they will get an email with the Ubisoft Ushop code thingy to get it. :D

Megasoum

Banned
...oh FFS... Don't quit out the game mid mission. The checkpoints are not actual save games. Now I have to restart the mission....ugh.

Robot Pants

Just started this on my PC and it won't get past the "Tracking" screen when it first boots.

Anyone run into this?

It cause of lame Uplay and what not, just start alt tabbing and shift+tabing and shift+f2ing to get it to start.
It's because there are like 4 simultaneous overlays running and suspending the game.

antitrop

It cause of lame Uplay and what not, just start alt tabbing and shift+tabing and shift+f2ing to get it to start.
It's because there are like 4 simultaneous overlays running and suspending the game.

I think that now is the best that it's ever been to be a PC gamer, but shit like that really sours the entire experience.

I bought the game on Steam, didn't realize that AMD would be sending me a Uplay key for the game. Oh well, first person to quote this gets it.

amayo15

Banned
Game is great. Didn't realize that it would play so differently to Far Cry 3 - running speed is so much faster and explosions so much easier to cause (which is hilarious). Visuals and audio are my dreams-come-to-life; it's like they made a game just for me. Love how Rex has a continuous scream if you hold the trigger on the minigun for more than 3 or 4 seconds...perfect 80's sci-fi action movie style haha. Fist in the air stupidity!

VariantX

Holy Crap. This game. This. Fucking. Game.
Fuckin' Neon Dinosaurs shooting eye layserz and sniping people wit my glow bow. And this is like literally the first 15 minutes of the game.

Oh, why? The game freezes when I run during the tutorial. Plus, performance is dicks. How do I get it to run 40-60 fps on this?

Radeon 6850
Core i3 2100
4GB DDR3

Current graphics
settings

1080p
DX9
High settings w/ Medium shadows

I wasn't expecting it to run these settings at 30 fps. Is it vsync?

antitrop

Wow this game is really 80's. I stopped playing during a mission and I have to do the entire mission over.

Ya, this is a pretty serious issue.

Missions are fairly short and the gameplay is fun enough that I didn't mind it too much, but if I had the choice I would certainly rather NOT have to accomplish things I've already finished after I exit out of the game.

Resident Evil 6 might be the worst offender of this in all of gaming, though. Blood Dragon does not approach that level.

I literally replayed well over an hour of a certain part of RE6 because I quit at the "wrong time" once. And unlike Blood Dragon it was not enjoyable to play through again.

Pat_DC

Fist in the air stupidity!
...is going to be my motto for life from now on. Can't wait to check it out once I finish up work.

Good to see a dev taking a chance and doing something different that doesn't take it self too seriously.

Ya, this is a pretty serious issue.

Missions are fairly short and the gameplay is fun enough that I didn't mind it too much, but if I had the choice I would certainly rather NOT have to accomplish things I've already finished after I exit out of the game.

Resident Evil 6 might be the worst offender of this in all of gaming, though. Blood Dragon does not approach that level.

Especially because it was the first mission which was not leaving a good impression. Having to play it again isn't something I'm looking forward to.

lingiii

Banned
Hmm snakes crocs and turtles not on the map.. anyone wanna give me some hints?

you can get crocs and turtles in a
TMNT
mission at one of the outposts. I think crocs also occur naturally, but they aren't on the map, no. look on beaches :)

snake you'll see in the endgame sequence. I only ever saw the one snake. but you can't miss that one.

Andrew.

Banned
The only thing I'm having trouble finding are the dogs

This game should also be considered the real Duke Forever that we never got. It's all I hear when I hear Biehn speak. It's like the Ubi guys said: "Hey Mike here's what Duke Nukem sounds like. Do this."

And it's perfect

lingiii

Banned
The only thing I'm having trouble finding are the dogs

This game should also be considered the real Duke Forever that we never got. It's all I hear when I hear Biehn speak. It's like the Ubi guys said: "Hey Mike here's what Duke Nukem sounds like. Do this."

And it's perfect

blowing up the dam
mission gives you two and says it out loud.

Andrew.

Banned
blowing up the dam
mission gives you two and says it out loud.

Awesome. Thing is Ive fallen into the similar FC3 vanilla syndrome where I overtake all the outposts and collect everything while overpowering myself beyond belief early on.

Im level 20 and haven't even done the Dam mission yet.

Awesome. Thing is Ive fallen into the similar FC3 vanilla syndrome where I overtake all the outposts and collect everything while overpowering myself beyond belief early on.

Im level 20 and haven't even done the Dam mission yet.

It's arguably worst if you finish the campaign first, then do the side stuff. Because the last story mission gives you
the Killstar
which is essentially God Mode.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What's the deal with the Brain Cage Dragons? I've seen the tutorial pop up for them but haven't actually seen any Dragons that seem different from normal and I don't know how to free them for the trophy.

Andrew.

Banned
What's the deal with the Brain Cage Dragons? I've seen the tutorial pop up for them but haven't actually seen any Dragons that seem different from normal and I don't know how to free them for the trophy.

Ive been to two outposts that had them wandering around. Sniped the helmets off of them and they got super pissed and aided me in conquering.

Andrew.

Banned
I hope I'm not screwed out of the trophy since I've already cleared all the outposts.

Ooohhh shit. You might be. Ive only got three more to go and Im trying to scan the place out as much as I can beforehand, but it's too fun to just go in blowing everyone away and doing stealth takedowns when you can.

Im gonna 100% it so if it takes two runs I dont care. I love this fucking game.

lingiii

Banned
Hmm what's the significance of the helicopters? It's on my minimap like a car but I can't fly it?

sometimes enemies will pilot them and strafe you. you can't fly them, far as I can tell.

I hope I'm not screwed out of the trophy since I've already cleared all the outposts.

hrmmm. I'm pretty sure there are two or more in the mission beyond the point of no return? I'm almost certain they don't wander the world if you've got all the outposts though... You might be boned.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
sometimes enemies will pilot them and strafe you. you can't fly them, far as I can tell.

hrmmm. I'm pretty sure there are two or more in the mission beyond the point of no return? I'm almost certain they don't wander the world if you've got all the outposts though... You might be boned.

Oh, well. I'll just restart it to get them later on.

Top Bottom