• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

Andrew.

Banned
Phil LaMarr.

Voices tons of characters in games and shows.

Sig in Jak 2/3, Samurai Jack, Green Lantern in Justice League/Unlimited, etc.

Also, Hermes Conrad in Futurama. Wat.

You forgot Marvin from Pulp Fiction.

edit: anti, what the fuck dude

RoKKeR

This shit is so good. Cleared all of the outposts today. Only did the first required story missions but then just set out on my own.

No toggle zoom is a bummer, but other than that it's fun as hell. Also, is there a way to turn of the arcady, lines across the screen filter? There's got to be a console command for it.

Toa TAK

Banned
FRIENDS FOREVER! FRIENDS FOR ETERNITY!

This game is unbelievable. All the references are going to make my head explode. It's so good. I went through the first two campaign missions and then did all the side stuff.

The visuals, soundtrack, and voice acting were top notch and fit the vibe perfectly.

It's like the game had a checklist of 80's tropes and went through them all. I want more to play!

Teknoman

Phil LaMarr.

Voices tons of characters in games and shows.

Sig in Jak 2/3, Samurai Jack, Green Lantern in Justice League/Unlimited, etc.

Also, Hermes Conrad in Futurama. Wat.

Ah there we go. Yeah he was also Ramza in FFT:war of the lions.

Sound like he just did his justice league voice.

Also the game feels like a current gen nes game if that makes any sense. Really reminds me of stuff like street fighter 2010 the final fight or Shatterhand.

KePoW

Banned
Is it still advisable to turn Post FX to medium or lower? I remember everyone did that in the original FC3

TL21xx

Banned
Yep, this game has freaking delivered so far. Haven't had a lot of time to play, I'm only at the second outpost and just saved a second cyber-nerd, but so far the game has been as toung-in-cheek as I was hoping it would be. Also, the music is even better than I was hoping. Power Glove is amazing. Worth every last penny, would have been willing to pay $30 for this. That being said, I hope this becomes a trend ($15 re-themed stand alone expansions).

added some new amahzing tracks to the Spotify playlist:
http://open.spotify.com/user/malakaei/playlist/5gZW4WSpROILFTQIx0qz76

i mean, can't go wrong with cover art like this :D
CS2121978-02A-BIG.jpg
artworks-000023303253-1qm92f-crop.jpg
333.jpg

M*A*S*H

I guess you can try a proxy to get around that.

edit: never settle codes now working in eu.

The codes are region specific so that won't work. Ubisoft didn't feel they were being incompetent enough. I think the problem is that the game hasn't been released yet on the eu ubishop site. We can probably expect a fix when they're all done putting the customer first.

Did only two missions, and digging it. Those cut scenes man, whoa! In one scene you had the
The Warrior finisher and a Blood Sport reference
...Amazing. Oh, and fuck those lazy fucks at UBISOFT. Couldn't even included the Album Cover for the pre-order bonus on Steam. Shit, I want to see the American Ninja for some reason now, lol.

How do I shut down the missile after
Spider dies
with a hundred enemies around? This game's hard on medium.

just run to the marker, dont try to kill anyone.

edit: Clarification, its like 5 feet in front of you when this happens, just walk straight to the side of the missile :D

derExperte

Come on Ubisoft. The AMD code (EU) still doesn't... hey, I take that back, it does now when directly using the Uplay client.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This UPlay is so shit. I put my serial in from steam and the game installed and I managed to play for 30 minutes.

Now every time I try and play it keeps saying it's invalid or been used. :-\

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Willing to bet that those 2-3 hour people played on easy or something, always the way with the first guys coming out of the woodwork and saying OMG it's short!

Isn't the point of howlongtobeat to show a range of completion times? If it is possible to beat the game that quickly why shouldn't it be listed? It's a statistic that I find useful. Honestly it's the longer times played usually push me away from starting up a game.

Surely has been told but..

How long is the single player campaign?
Is it the same island of Far Cry 3?

Thanks.

campaign is 4 hours, its only 7 short missions. You can add 2 hours on top of that if you want all trophies/achievements through collectables. And its not the same island, quite a bit smaller and Rex can run at lightning speeds, i didnt even use a car once in the game to get to places. Much faster to just run and jump.

6 hours max. (this on Normal difficulty)

Addnan

Anyone know if those never settle codes are region locked? A lot of Americans seem to be selling this game for $10, but I need it to work in the UK.

MrDaravon

Willing to bet that those 2-3 hour people played on easy or something, always the way with the first guys coming out of the woodwork and saying OMG it's short!

Given that on normal I was able to 100% the game in just over 5 and a half hours, I completely believe that someone just doing the story missons could clear it in 2-3 hours tops. Hell, I died several times because I am an idiot, and I did all of the optional content prior to finishing the game which actually would have been even easier to do with something you get at the end of the game. I could probably run through a second time on normal and get 100% in 3-4 hous at the most.

The game is amazing, but it IS short, and VERY short if you don't do the optional stuff.

Andrew.

Banned
Rex's voice sounds like Bruce from Resident evil: Dead aim.

I say it's Michael Biehn doing his best Duke Nukem impersonation.

It's pretty outrageous to hear Biehn use Arnie one liners from his classics. I did a stealth takedown on some dude last night and Rex's reaction was "He was dead tired."

AkuMifune

Banned
Rex's voice sounds like Michael Rooker. On a bad day.

This game. I like this much better than FC3. And before the hyberbole gets away from me, I think it's the best thing that's released this year so far.

Too late on the hyperbole I guess.

Played and recorded the first hour of this for my lets play :)

God it's hitting all the right points so far.

Those blood dragons too... Crazy shit man

todahawk

I haven't got far into the game because I kept redoing the first mission over and over. Got to the second where you get the bow and re-did that one a ton as well.

Question:
Now that it says the store is available ($ on map) but I stand in front of it and can't access it. On top of that the bow is gone. Am I missing something?

FLEABttn

Banned
Question:
Now that it says the store is available ($ on map) but I stand in front of it and can't access it. On top of that the bow is gone. Am I missing something?

It hasn't technically introduced you to that machine yet so you can't use it. It's a little confusing but the game should tell you about the options missions in like a minute and then you do one of those first.

I haven't got far into the game because I kept redoing the first mission over and over. Got to the second where you get the bow and re-did that one a ton as well.

Question:
You have to complete the hostage mission before you can buy stuff at the store. Your bow is gone because you can only carry four weapons at a time. You can switch your weapon loadout at the store when you get back.

I was confused as well when it happened. Pretty odd way to handle things.

Top Bottom