• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

Linius

I strongly advise everyone to buy these maps cause other wise it will be tough to find them.

Also at 5/7 missions at the moment and 6/13 garnisons. Also did every side quest whenever I liberated a new garison to farm XP. Currently at level 20, heavy takedown gives a lot of XP just like in FC: 3. Also, finally got a perfect round liberating a garnison. No one saw me, took everyone down by surprise with a knife or arrow. Feels good :p

I absolutely love the robotic 'Wizards of Wor' voices for the grunt troops. I just heard one bitching and moaning something about 'this bullshit detail'... so i promptly put him out of his misery.

I've been calling it the Pinbot voice. Hearing one say "motherfucker" right before I stabbed him was really something.

todahawk

I've been calling it the Pinbot voice. Hearing one say "motherfucker" right before I stabbed him was really something.

I know, I love hearing their Oh Shit when I'm coming in for a take down.
I may be wrong but they seem to respond to really big guns too. I had tossed some grenades and then switched to the terror 4000 and as it started spinning up i swear one of the grunts yelled 'holy shit' or something like that.

Gawd, and I love the combat yell you give off when you really starting letting loose with the Terror 4000. So. Fucking. Good.

half the time i'm too busy giggling to hear much of what's going on in the background.

FaintDeftone

If I'm not mistaken, when I tried to snipe an enemy with the sniper rifle, I heard him say something along the lines of "ha, good thing you can't aim" or something along the lines of that. I laughed... after I blew his head off on the second shot.

I love the agility in this, I never drive anywhere, and launching off massive hills is awesome. I find myself just attacking each garrison and setting of alarms just so I can kill all the reinforcements lol

Someone needs to make a robocop game, I find myself just using the pistol alot .

katkombat

Banned
I know, I love hearing their Oh Shit when I'm coming in for a take down.
I may be wrong but they seem to respond to really big guns too. I had tossed some grenades and then switched to the terror 4000 and as it started spinning up i swear one of the grunts yelled 'holy shit' or something like that.

Gawd, and I love the combat yell you give off when you really starting letting loose with the Terror 4000. So. Fucking. Good.

half the time i'm too busy giggling to hear much of what's going on in the background.

Threw a grenade and a grunt was like "holy shit" then exploded. :p great game!

Linius

Wait what...

I just used fast travel to get back to a safe garison to do a hunter mission. And the moment I got back a jeep with two Omega dudes just drove inside my garison and started patrolling the area :lol

One of the scientist just screamed "I can't die, I graduated from Greendale!"

Community reference, or is there something '80s I'm missing? :p

Teknoman

I enjoy my SP shooters with a controller nowadays, lay back and shoot some robots.

Im thinking im just going to go with that too. Especially since the weapon wheel and the menus just feel funny with a mouse, and still having to press enter or esc.

Gowans

Is the save system shit or is it fubared on my PC.

Can't really save anywhere and the checkpoints are AGES away from each other ;(

Megasoum

Banned
End game spoiler

Bit of a missed opportunity at the end when you're unable to kill sloan. They should have invoked the 4th directive since they used him to create the Cyber Commando project

Is it just me or it s much much harder than fc3? I had to switch to easy after the first mission and i still cant manage...
I was ok (stopped around half) at fc3 as i was using the sniper all the time and didnt have to engage except for story missions but usually as soon as i am discovered i start to panic and run everywhere while trying to heal myself lol
The only fps i have played before fc3 are killzone 2 and MGO...

(Im very good at MGS tho)

I love everything about it btw, the atmosphere is incredible (only thing i wasnt huge about for fc3)i hope it s a success
I

Linius

Is it just me or it s much much harder than fc3? I had to switch to easy after the first mission and i still cant manage...
I was ok (stopped around half) at fc3 as i was using the sniper all the time and didnt have to engage except for story missions but usually as soon as i am discovered i start to panic and run everywhere while trying to heal myself lol

I love everything about it btw, the atmosphere is incredible (only thing i wasnt huge about for fc3)i hope it s a success
I

I found this one a bit easier, played on medium both games. When you get in a fight with these guys just take out your shotgun. A well placed shot somewhere around the upper body/head area is enough most of the time. And you can run and jump your way to a safer place to approach them from another direction. When I'm cornered I just go in hiding with my shotgun and wait for them to pop their head around the corner. Or tossing a grenade is also very effective.

Freakin' love the
Battlecat
bit at the end, as well as the
test your might! gauntlet
, they should have put more of that type of gameplay througout the game. Still, good stuff. I'm looking forward to future Blood Dragon games.

I

They are much easier this time around. I'm playing on Hard and I've found the best way to tackle the enemy is to always be repositioning yourself. They lose track of you fairly easy and they like to stay in hardcover. So just run around a corner, change elevation(if possible), pick em off. Once yoy figured them out, you'll kick yourself for how much trouble you've had.

Megasoum

Banned
Alllll right...

Well Finished the game, 100% and S-Ranked lol.

I loved it (obviously lol) but in the end I still prefer Farcry 3 proper.

The setting, story and jokes were amazing in Blood Dragon but I miss the options, crafting and daylight of FC3. It was well worth the 15$ and I got plenty for my money but I still always felt a bit limited.

The two Farcry 3 games are still the only two games I 100% in my life (well for fun anyway, not at work) so now I really want a Farcry 4... or even another FC3 spinoff in a different setting.

Jesus Christ, those credits just kept on rolling. It's like Ubisoft insists on thanking half the planet for each game they release, even if it only costs €15.

Amazing endgame sequence, though. Absolutely awesome.

Free code for whoever wants it. Got it as part of an AMD deal and I don't want it!

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - Ubishop Download

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Go to http://shop.ubi.com/fc3bdamd, Log in or create an account

Step 2: Add Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon PC Download (standard edition) to the shopping cart

Step 3: Click on "Click here to redeem link'

Step 4: Enter the game code below and click apply

Step 5: Click the checkout button and fill out the necessary fields.

Step 6: Click on submit order then click on begin download

4imiy3zvt

Never played FC3.
Interested by this.
Does PC version support gamepad? (comfy couch)

It does indeed. Been doing it myself having finally got my pc sound out to my amp. Should have done it ages ago. Consoles now redundant until some must have games draw me back in next gen I guess.

Easy_G

Is the save system shit or is it fubared on my PC.

Can't really save anywhere and the checkpoints are AGES away from each other ;(

Yeah, I can't figure it out. I can't save anytime I'm in a mission, which is ridiculous, since that's almost all the time. And if you don't save between mission then too bad.

Bombless

I still have 1 garrison left to liberate. Just completed the
Eggs bunker
mission. I think I'm going to collect the stuff and do that last garrison/last quests before continuing with the storyline.

This game is so over 9000. Never thought I'd hear so many egg puns.

FLEABttn

Banned
I don't think I've ever spent a smarter or better $15 on a video game. Literally ever. This game does so much right I can't do it justice with words. It apes and parodies the 80's style so well while doing it in a way that's relevant to today's games. It's so stupid it's smart.

Top Bottom