• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Thornton & Freeman in a new tale from the Coen Brothers' world - Tues on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard

Banned
As a Minnesotan, I find these accents to be amazingly stupid and borderline offensive. We don't fucking sound like that, you fucking dipshits.

But besides that, this show is fucking hilarious.
They might of exaggerated it a bit but you definitely do sound like that.

Nibel

Great first episode, but I have to admit that the more serious scenes worked better for me - nothing against the humor in the show, but sometimes it felt too forced to me and characters seemed more like caricatures than humans

Also, the use of music should be toned down a bit - would make certain scenes stronger

Other than that, very interesting concept and Billy Bob steals everyone the show - will keep this on my watchlist

Running long is fine, as long as FX gives a heads up in advance to the companies putting out the programming guides. Because they've been slacking in that area. Instead of 1 or 2 minutes of extra time at the end of the recording, I just went ahead and added 10 because I've already been burned by it on Justified this season.
I do the same will all FX shows. It screwed me over too many times with American Horror Story.

Effnine

Fantastic episode ... loved every minute and it was like one of those movies that you never wanted to end ... can't wait for next week ...

iy1YvNLjuIVla.gif
I could watch this all day.

RS4-

Holy shit, that escalated quickly. Really liked what I saw so far, Billy Bob was great.

I don't remember much about the movie. Do you folks suggest that I wait until the series is over or just watch it anyway?

The newfie accent, goddamn.

Holy shit, that escalated quickly. Really liked what I saw so far, Billy Bob was great.

I don't remember much about the movie. Do you folks suggest that I wait until the series is over or just watch it anyway?

Watch the movie right away. Well, that is if you want to have an easier time catching the similarities between the movie and the show (since the movie will be fresh in your mind). Also because the movies is still awesome to this day.

The series has a completely different plot with only some of the characters loosely based off those from the movie. You won't ruin anything by watching it.

so i got around to watching this

thought the tone would be something along the vein of the movie but its more like a very exaggerated caricature (not a bad thing)

this is a great, over the top blood lust suspense thriller

will continue to watch

Epcott

Finished watching this. Billy is the damned devil. Funny how he made the elder son attempt to kill the younger one and made officer Hanks pee himself.

If not for him I would have turned it off.

Homeboyd

As a Minnesotan, I find these accents to be amazingly stupid and borderline offensive. We don't fucking sound like that, you fucking dipshits.

But besides that, this show is fucking hilarious.
I live in Tx. We all ride horses and lasso our dinner.

Calm down. (and yes you do)

Deku Tree

Of the thread? Let me know if you figure out what it is, and I can make some adjustments.

Yes the first page of the thread crashes Safari. I think it's just that there is a lot of media and I have GAF set up to load the YouTube links in the browser. No need to change anything for me. It also happens in the Lady Gaga thread.

Yes the first page of the thread crashes Safari. I think it's just that there is a lot of media and I have GAF set up to load the YouTube links in the browser. No need to change anything for me. It also happens in the Lady Gaga thread.
Ah, I see. Yeah, there are a ton of youtube links. I don't have those set to autoload on Safari here. I might swap up for tinyurl or something in the future if a lot of people have problems with it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Ah, I see. Yeah, there are a ton of youtube links. I don't have those set to autoload on Safari here. I might swap up for tinyurl or something in the future if a lot of people have problems with it.

Also getting the crash on my iPad.

Impressions, first ep was good, gonna stick with this. I loved seeing Martin Freeman do a crazy "Fargo" accent because I'm so used to his British work.

Freeman has quietly compiled a pretty amazing career so far. Consider that he has The Hobbit, Sherlock, and Fargo as active projects. Plus the Cornetto trilogy and the original Office? Who has that kind of resume spanning drama and comedy?

ultron87

Ha, I just realized reading some recaps today that my DVR recording somehow skipped an entire segment of the show. I missed the entire section where Sam gets killed.

The episode actually still totally worked because the next break starts with Molly telling her dad that Sam got a knife in the head the previous night. I went with it because I figured the show was just doing the thing like in No Country for Old Men where the violence happens off screen. Funny.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I thought there were scenes that felt too convenient (bully and sons, wife telling Freeman off so harshly), but I guess for a show that doesn't take itself completely seriously I could forgive it. The direction and performances were wonderful. I really liked the brewing responsibility you could see in the lady cop, really memorable actor who I hope ends up in Marge's shoes at the end.

AlexMogil

I'm so glad this show allowed a character to act on his anger, no matter how inappropriate.

Freeman was great. I still am very afraid for Goofy Tales in Wackyville Chapter 6: The Poodle in the Ice Chest! Hess for example was overbearing and cartoonish. Billy Bob kept that in check. Hess' wife, however, is going to grate on me and fast as long as she plays that tired rich uncaring wife stereotype.

As long as the characters can create the situations and act upon them... it might be ok! Also if Billy Bob can continue to be a wise but curious Satan, we will be just fine.

Just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom