• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Dibbz said:
Euh, why is there no platinum for it?

If I'm going to pay over £10 for a game it better have a platinum trophy.
Download only games don't have platinum trophies. Wipeout was an exception.

VNZ

So, how does the framerate hold up in the final version? Any tearing? (There seems to be problems, especially with tearing, in most preview videos I've seen)

Drame

Well, this is odd.

I have been smashing Jump in! For couple minutes and I always get, a slight problem can't connect, dang it!

Hopefully, GAF games go up soonish.

Quixzlizx

SecretBonusPoint said:
No serverlists, just matchmaking. What a piece of shit. Not buying this then at all.

ONLINE GAMES. HOW DO I DO THEMS?

Where did you hear this? There was a server list option in the beta.

No there wasnt that I found.

The guy streaming right now just went through all the options.

Jump In > matchmaking.

Play With Friends > no friends on so couldnt tell

Find Game > just goes to matchmaking again.

McCullster

Neo Member
With a comedy style and trophies named things like "Chubby Chaser", I'll definitely be picking this up tonight when I get off work! :D

Drame

I think there is server list, it's just that the game was released like 50 minutes ago, so don't place your judgement yet.

Baker

Banned
dorkimoe said:
i was watching the guy play on justintv i was so confused :(
Yeah I'm not really looking forward to the first couple nights of playing. It's going to be an enraging clusterfuck if your team doesn't know what's going on. Hopefully we get enough gaf heavy rooms.

Drame said:
I think there is server list, it's just that the game was released like 50 minutes ago, so don't place your judgement yet.

Well whoever screencaps that first, wins. Because I didn't see one, and at this point doubt there is.

Drame

Finally got into game, and boy this is fun :D.

Ranger is really fun to play, just lock on and have fun!

We really need get that chat going, asap!

SSJChar

VNZ said:
So, how does the framerate hold up in the final version? Any tearing? (There seems to be problems, especially with tearing, in most preview videos I've seen)
I too am interested in this. The vids i've seen have not so good framerate/tearing. was this just something in the videos, or is the game like that too?

Well.... did a few "matches"...
Because there is only Matchmaking I first got into 3 VERY laggy matches, then i found one that was okay to play, but 4 humans and 16 bots...

Well, I hope it gets better the next days and there are some good GAF games...

This sucks, they failed the start it seems, this is a online game and it is missing some basic features every online game should have :(

Mets39

Damn, so hard to get into a game :( But once you're in, it's a blast! though it's quite laggy (for me, don't know about you guys)

Fixed1979

I would like to think/hope that it's hard finding games only because it has been up for only a short period of time. Hopefully it will get better over the weekend.

Just played my first online game - there was the occasional lag, but it wasn't bad at all - also there was no tearing or framerate drops as far as I can see. My main gripe is the lack of a freaking server list - took me a good 5 minutes to connect to a game, I fucking hate match making. The game itself was pretty fun, but it's a real clusterfuck and near impossible to organize attacks (no one had a mic), plus the people on my team seemed to fail to understand the importance of capturing bases, feeding the princess or gathering resources - obviousley that'll sort itself out once people are more familiar with the game. Oh yeah, matches go on for AGEES x_x

Bootaaay said:
Just played my first online game - there was the occasional lag, but it wasn't bad at all - also there was no tearing or framerate drops as far as I can see. My main gripe is the lack of a freaking server list - took me a good 5 minutes to connect to a game, I fucking hate match making. The game itself was pretty fun, but it's a real clusterfuck and near impossible to organize attacks (no one had a mic), plus the people on my team seemed to fail to understand the importance of capturing bases, feeding the princess or gathering resources - obviousley that'll sort itself out once people are more familiar with the game. Oh yeah, matches go on for AGEES x_x

I can never understand that situation with a download title. They have a relatively small advertising presence so how does such a large amount of people who buy it have no clue how to play? Are people buying completely blind and just hitting 'find game'?

TheExodu5

Banned
Cruzader said:
who said dedicated servers?

You can do host-based games without needing dedicated servers.

P2P with such a huge amount of players can often be a mess.

Even then, it would have been nice if they had have went the BF1943 route with dedicated servers.

Well now you cant even find Host games with good ping because its all randomly selected. How the fuck do you make an online game and not get Server Lobbys and Hosts right if you have at least been played a PC game since like 1997?

Drame

Impressions after couple games.

I haven't noticed any terrible lag yet, no framerate drops either.

Just like Bootaaay the game is pretty dead for teamwork right now, last game I played I think only few peeps had mics, although we managed to win the game, as the opposing team didn't understand the importance of capturing bases, feeding princess etc.

It's a fun game for sure, and with teamwork I can see this will become even funnier.

The matchmaking is pretty bad right now, but taking the note that the game has just been released, so I don't say anything more.

vocab

SecretBonusPoint said:
Well now you cant even find Host games with good ping because its all randomly selected. How the fuck do you make an online game and not get Server Lobbys and Hosts right if you have at least been played a PC game since like 1997?

Which is why I hate playing console fps.

vocab said:
Which is why I hate playing console fps.

Nah, the well designed console multiplayer games do have them mostly (Halo 3 a big exception, but no surprise there!). Warhawk I think remains the best, with all its options, Killzone 2's are finally up to snuff now they show you what maps are in the cycle, and amusingly enough even Metal Gear Online has Server Lists, and thats a Japanese developer.

Theres just no excuse. I'll be a bit disappointed if Uncharted 2 doesnt have them in either, as the Beta didn't. I don't really understand how they slip under the radar in design documents for games these days when you consider the very origin of online deathmatch/multiplayer in games like Quake Arena and Unreal Tournament and the first thing you think of are the server list screens.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
YianGaruga said:
Oh? Neat. I did not know that. Seems there are other factors deciding what game does and doesn't get a platinum trophy.

Spelunker as well... I'd guess anything under 20 dollars won't have a platinum, but I don't know.

Eccocid

hey i am curious if this interactive software can support up to 2 or more players on same video game console while playing online?
if not FAIL!

i still play warhawk cuz it supports 2 and more ppl on same console..FP looks like a perfect fit for it..tell me does it have ?!?!?!?

Top Bottom