• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

GQman2121

Banned
levious said:
Spelunker as well... I'd guess anything under 20 dollars won't have a platinum, but I don't know.

That's what everyone assumed when WipeOut dropped last year. $20 seems to be the spot at which a game is granted full-game status and will be allowed to include max trophy privileges.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
levious said:
Spelunker as well... I'd guess anything under 20 dollars won't have a platinum, but I don't know.
But then again Galactix was $20 and no Platinum. I really don't understand how it works.

dralla

I think I'm gonna hold off on this until they fix the inevitable lagfest at launch. Too many games to play at the moment.

:[

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
chubigans said:
Not true, as Trine will have a Platinum trophy.
Really? Wow, that's awesome :) Game's going to be huge!

FabCam

£12 seems a bit pricey for me. I'm reluctant to pay more than £10 for any downloadable game. I think I'll wait for the inevitable server problems to end and hope for a price drop next month.

Dre

FabCam said:
£12 seems a bit pricey for me. I'm reluctant to pay more than £10 for any downloadable game. I think I'll wait for the inevitable server problems to end and hope for a price drop next month.
A price drop after a month ? That is very, very unlikely.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
chubigans said:
Hey, it's that guy with that avatar! It's great to have that avatar back! I really missed that avatar. :D
Seiken said:
Everyone keeps saying that they missed my avatar, not the actual Seiken :(
;_; You did this on purpose, please say you did!

EDIT: Will be getting this as soon as I'm done with Orochi Z :D

GQman2121

Banned
Seiken said:
;_; You did this on purpose, please say you did!

EDIT: Will be getting this as soon as I'm done with Orochi Z :D

Is that what you were playing the other night? I meant to ask, but forgot too.

I also wanted to make sure you were getting in on FP with GAF since I wasn't sure when your ban was going to be lifted. Perfect timing!

Yoshichan

GQman2121 said:
Is that what you were playing the other night? I meant to ask, but forgot too.
Yes! And the night before that (and before that too), it's a great game :)! Pity it's Japanese only but that was my decision after all :lol Can't get enough of them Dynasty Warriors <3!

GQman2121 said:
I also wanted to make sure you were getting in on FP with GAF since I wasn't sure when your ban was going to be lifted. Perfect timing!
Hell yeah, perfect timing indeed!

vesp

so they had a server list in beta but took it out in retail? thats pretty weird.

Probably pick this up after work tonight if impressions are decent throughout the day.

Having problems getting online but have to say, I'm really loving this in single player! :) Was all hyped for it around the time of the beta (didn't get in unfortunately) then my hype kinda dropped off but so glad I bought this (even if the price could have been slightly lower :p)

Drame

Buy Fat Princess now!

Absolutely the funniest multiplayer game in ages!

Just played awesome match, no bots what so ever, everyone talked in their mics and we just pwnd the opposing team, just like that!

I just love priest, really fun class to play, and great control too.

I just found out that Fat Princess has ranking too, right now I'm ranked 549 :lol.

Thrakier

So...the negative beta impressions were wrong...? I would buy, but a huge backlog and those negative impressions combined with the high price are holding me back. Anyone from GAFE playing? I love GAFE.

Dre

There were no negative impressions about the gameplay, the gameplay is ace actually. The balancing was a bit off in the beta, that's about it.

Dante

Thrakier said:
But the negative impressions weren't only about the netcode but also about the gameplay.

The only negatives I took away from the beta were the netcode issues, if that's all fixed this game should be ACE. Can't wait to play later.

Quixzlizx

Thrakier said:
But the negative impressions weren't only about the netcode but also about the gameplay.

The negative gameplay impressions were that it got boring to play the same map over and over with a bunch of mindless AI bots, and the cause of that was the poor netcode.

depward

Is there any kind of stat tracking? The trophies have some that are like, heal for a total of 500 hearts... I would like to know if I'm close to that goal instead of going about doing it blindly.

depward said:
Is there any kind of stat tracking? The trophies have some that are like, heal for a total of 500 hearts... I would like to know if I'm close to that goal instead of going about doing it blindly.

The stats pages in the bragging rights section of the menu are very extensive, so no worries there.

Gowans

This game is going to be awesome online with everyone chatting but Christ whats going on with the implementation.

Tried hosting a game, can't invite anyone, nobody joining and can't quit.

Right going to read the instructions on how to build, fix & upgrade the castle.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Slaylock said:
No, they said they wanted to more put time into the network code and less into extra things like custom soundtracks.

Damn. Definitely not a deal breaker, but this looks like the perfect game for it.

Can't wait to hop on.

g3nkie

Neo Member
The wait is finally over and I haven't any way to purchase Fat Princess until I get my new bank card..... a little bummed to say the least...

Teknoman

Slaylock said:
No, they said they wanted to more put time into the network code and less into extra things like custom soundtracks.

Yeah...but doesnt the PS3 have XMB custom soundtracks and the dev. can just choose whether or not to enable it? Like Killzone 2 and Multiplayer?

jiggles

Banned
Seems a bit isolated to me. I hosted a game for 40 mins and no-one joined, and then after taking 3 attempts to find a game, it dumped me in a 16 player match with just 3 others. What I did play was awesome fun, though it's really hard to actually get a capture. 30 minutes of play and neither princess managed to get any further than the defending castle's front gates (though that could be because it was mostly bots, so there was no co-ordinating attacks). And the joining friends system is about two years out of date, for a PS3 game.

All that being said, the credits alone make me glad I bought it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone. It has to be seen to be believed. :lol

Vlodril

Damn i wanted to play this game but the psn billing system is such a mess.. I ve bought things before but i got a new card (same number and billing info just diffrent expiration date) and now it wont accept it. Thats frustrating as hell.. i really hope those psn cards be released in europe soon. I dont know why the hell it took so long it should be an obvious solution to many problems. Anyway i guess ill have to put some cash in a debit card and try it that way.

panda21

i like it but it seems impossible to get into a game that actually has other people in, i keep just getting dumped into matches with about 6 people and the rest bots. it doesnt seem to try to balance people either so you can get 12 people on one side versus 4 on the other, and the spaces filled in by bots.

possibly i'm being stupid and playing it while signed into my US account but that doesnt usually matter.

even worse is that i imagine most people won't even notice that they are playing with bots, since its not at all obvious.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Teknoman said:
Yeah...but doesnt the PS3 have XMB custom soundtracks and the dev. can just choose whether or not to enable it? Like Killzone 2 and Multiplayer?

I think they try to get the game out first with the crucial features. Then if it sells, make a patch for the features that they could not get in at first.

Burn Zombie Burn is adding both in game soundtracks and also Youtube uploading as a patch.

Since PSN titles are developed on leaner budgets and get smaller prices, they cant invest a ton up front, since they can't risk too much.

Teknoman

panda21 said:
i like it but it seems impossible to get into a game that actually has other people in, i keep just getting dumped into matches with about 6 people and the rest bots. it doesnt seem to try to balance people either so you can get 12 people on one side versus 4 on the other, and the spaces filled in by bots.

possibly i'm being stupid and playing it while signed into my US account but that doesnt usually matter.

even worse is that i imagine most people won't even notice that they are playing with bots, since its not at all obvious.

I just hope people use mics. Whenever a new PSN title is released, I always have flashbacks to Warhawk and how no one communicated at the start.

Top Bottom