• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Drame

More impressions, just got to the Lieutenant rank, whee!

I'm starting to feel that Priests are little bit overpowered, when they have the "shadowform" of course. If you have one team mate, let's say ranger who knows how to play, you can pretty much dominate the whole field with just 2 players. I love it though.

Still, finding games is kinda drag, but if you find one which has majority human players, you will have the time of your life.

I just hope people use mics. Whenever a new PSN title is released, I always have flashbacks to Warhawk and how no one communicated at the start.
That is a poor example - mics did not work in Warhawk for the longest time. Then they did work, and then stopped working after one of the updates. It was very frustrating, especially after buying every single piece of DLC.

I do hope everything is working properly with this release, but so far the first impressions have not been very positive.

noah111

Still Alive
sgnhh said:
It's up for the US store.
Wollan said:
I don't find anything on the US Store. Not even by Search (only trailers). 2-3 hours to go I reckon.
Nice! It's up people, but it might not be on the front page so you have to go into the browse by title menu and select the 'F' category and find it there, it's definitely up. :D

AndyD said:
I think they try to get the game out first with the crucial features. Then if it sells, make a patch for the features that they could not get in at first.

Burn Zombie Burn is adding both in game soundtracks and also Youtube uploading as a patch.

Since PSN titles are developed on leaner budgets and get smaller prices, they cant invest a ton up front, since they can't risk too much.
This, I really hope they can patch some of that stuff into FP later since it seems that it will sell a ton. Hopefully they don't abandon the game, patches and DLC will keep things going.

Drame said:
Still, finding games is kinda drag, but if you find one which has majority human players, you will have the time of your life.
This was basically the complaints in the beta, the game doesn't have a high replay value if the only thing you are playing is with bots, but when you play with real people it's a blast. I suspect the issues finding games are premature, obviously only the EU has the game so far, when the US gets it I am sure there will be a pretty active community.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Sentry said:
This was basically the complaints in the beta, the game doesn't have a high replay value if the only thing you are playing is with bots, but when you play with real people it's a blast. I suspect the issues finding games are premature, obviously only the EU has the game so far, when the US gets it I am sure there will be a pretty active community.

Still nice to have bots though dynamically filling slots. More MP games should have this to prevent stupid inbalanced games or lack of games altogether.

Drame

Sentry said:

True, I think tomorrow and the weekend will see the end to the matchmaking problems.

VNZ

Soo, anyone with a good eye for framerate and tearing been playing the release version yet? If so, how does it look?

Wollan

VNZ said:
Soo, anyone with a good eye for framerate and tearing been playing the release version yet? If so, how does it look?
I haven't seen any tearing in my one 20minute play session (unlike the Beta).

Lol, I GameShared. Man the music is going to get annoying after a while. No server list is pretty inexcuseable in a Multiplayer mostly geared game.

Games also take waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, and can just go on forever :lol Game is fun, but it really shouldn't be £12.

Drame

VNZ said:

I have encountered couple framerate hick up's, when there is a lot going on the screen, and I mean a lot.

I haven't yet encountered any screen tearing.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Lol, I GameShared. Man the music is going to get annoying after a while. No server list is pretty inexcuseable in a Multiplayer mostly geared game.

Games also take waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, and can just go on forever :lol Game is fun, but it really shouldn't be £12.

Of course the games take a long time, if there is no tactics or teamwork. This is a game about teamwork anyway.

Snipes424

Drame said:
More impressions, just got to the Lieutenant rank, whee!

I'm starting to feel that Priests are little bit overpowered, when they have the "shadowform" of course. If you have one team mate, let's say ranger who knows how to play, you can pretty much dominate the whole field with just 2 players. I love it though.

You don't even need a ranger friend, drain their life down to 1 and go up and smack them with your staff, they die, rinse and repeat.

noah111

Still Alive
VNZ said:
Nothing from what I saw in the live stream, no tearing or framerate issues (only briefly if there is a TON going on but it's not a biggie), though I don't remember either being a huge problem in the beta when offline, guess they fixed it for the online portions.

vocab said:
Based on what I'm reading, and seeing, I'm just gonna wait. Seems like there's a lot of problems.
It's only been out for a few minutes now! :lol

Drame

Snipes424 said:
You don't even need a ranger friend, drain their life down to 1 and go up and smack them with your staff, they die, rinse and repeat.

True, but with a ranger friend, the control you have is astonishing.

jiggles

Banned
Just joined a friend in a 30 player match and the lag was awful. The game did a great job of trying to hide it, though. There wasn't the LBP/MS1 style "stopping", or even any teleportation, the game kept running smoothly, with projectiles, damage and death appearing a little too late. I'm sure if I was in a match with slightly improved connection quality or less players, it would be barely noticeable. Judging by the delays in my actions, I'd say I was pinging well over half a second, so it probably wouldn't be that bad for most people.

Played 1 match and haven't even been able to get back into another. What a brilliant matchmaking system, it attempts to join a game, if it fails it boots you back to the Title Screen for you to repeat the process for another 10 minutes before you say "Fuck it" and play something else.

All this and one of the top Beta complaints was "HAVE A FUCKING SERVER LIST IN THE FINAL GAME!!" good work Titan!

punkypine said:
does this game have any sort of 2 player/1 console ability?

None. So glad I wasn't the one that paid for this :lol

BeeDog

Phew, glad I didn't give in to my urges and buy this immediately. Will wait for a while before considering buying it, if ever. Lack of server lists and awful matchmaking would probably drive me crazy.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Played 1 match and haven't even been able to get back into another. What a brilliant matchmaking system, it attempts to join a game, if it fails it boots you back to the Title Screen for you to repeat the process for another 10 minutes before you say "Fuck it" and play something else.

All this and one of the top Beta complaints was "HAVE A FUCKING SERVER LIST IN THE FINAL GAME!!" good work Titan!

........... so you're saying you want a server list?

Drame

I had the matchmaking problem for like 15 minutes, after that I haven't encountered it again.

Yeah, the netcode isn't the best possible, but it has been like 5 hours since the release, don't place your judgement just yet :).

Moobabe

"Connecting to host" - yeah right :(

I've played bits of matches in the past 2 hours and I've spent a lot of time encountering "slight problems."

It's fun and it's the first day so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

Orobi

Anyone can test if Fat Princess bought on PSN Store USA have european languages? I think answer is yes, but not every PSN Usa games have foreign languages.

I've been waiting for this game for a long time and wasn't in the beta. I'm insanely busy today and won't get to it at the earliest tomorrow night which is a blessing and a curse.

It's a blessing because I can read all the impressions here and see what works/doesn't work before putting my money down.

Drame

Label said:
Hmm shall I play single Player or Multiplayer first? :D

I'd say jump right to the multiplayer, but if you want to get the controls down first, go for singe player first.

At KilgoreTrout, any change that you could put the chat room up and going?

I've found that a good alternative to matchmaking is to just create your own match (through the 'Control Freak' menu in online) and wait for it to populate - if you know you're going to be playing for a long session, it's worth playing a few half-full matches initially if it means you'll eventually end up with full 32 player (or 30 in my case, apparantly my connection can't handle 2 extra players :p).

Baker

Banned
So even though there are no server lists, you can still join your friend's hosted game, right? I was starting to get confused how we were going to set up gaf matches.

Ok, the Single Player is really entertaining but i want to play online. Problem is, i just can't find any game and even when it finds it won't go in.

Anyone else having online problems?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
ChackanKun said:
Ok, the Single Player is really entertaining but i want to play online. Problem is, i just can't find any game and even when it finds it won't go in.

Anyone else having online problems?

Yup, have not been able to connect to a single game yet :(

oh well shall play some more SP:D

I'm just getting started and I have to say: It really takes huge balls to charge this much money for a 32 player, class based online game with a deep SP mode. I mean, a few people in this thread have even found minor problems that keep it from being the first perfect game ever created! :lol :lol :lol

Awesome! Playing more now!

~ Zyzomys ~ said:
That is a poor example - mics did not work in Warhawk for the longest time. Then they did work, and then stopped working after one of the updates. It was very frustrating, especially after buying every single piece of DLC.

I do hope everything is working properly with this release, but so far the first impressions have not been very positive.

How did I not know this? I kept talking into the mic and no one ever answered. Now I know why. :lol

Top Bottom