• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

noah111

Still Alive
agm2502 said:
This game doesn't support Game launching which is a shame, I think all Multiplayer PSN should have it included .
Agreed, it would be pretty hilarious as the game is getting its own event space, the space they usually use for big events like E3, GC, etc they'll be using as a space in celebration of the Fat Princess launch.. if they don't have game launching then it's somewhat pointless to be celebrating the game in home anyway.

I just hope it not a slow news day tomorrow so we dont get them warning parents that Fat Princess could harm children or some bull shit like that

klokdol

Banned
Sentry said:
Agreed, it would be pretty hilarious as the game is getting its own event space, the space they usually use for big events like E3, GC, etc they'll be using as a space in celebration of the Fat Princess launch.. if they don't have game launching then it's somewhat pointless to be celebrating the game in home anyway.
I'd like a mandatory game launching from Home too, but I still think Home spaces are cool the way they are anyway.

As long as they keep adding mini games like in EA rooms or dev information about the games like in Infamous Home space, I'll keep coming back Home.

I clearly don't spend hours in Home, except maybe in the EA rooms for the nice poker game, but it looks like a nice distraction to me...

Drame

Question for the GAF peeps who actually got to play the beta,

Just how important is the class balance per team? I'm fully aware that with 16 warriors there will only be blood, so should there be some kind of who's playing as who, for us gaffers in the beginning?

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, or I might be hungry for some cake...

Tomorrow can't come any sooner.

Drame said:
Question for the GAF peeps who actually got to play the beta,

Just how important is the class balance per team? I'm fully aware that with 16 warriors there will only be blood, so should there be some kind of who's playing as who, for us gaffers in the beginning?

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, or I might be hungry for some cake...

Tomorrow can't come any sooner.
There's a map you can pull up and see where everyone is and which class they are, I believe.

Drame

KilgoreTrout said:
There's a map you can pull up and see where everyone is and which class they are, I believe.

Oh, well that's pretty simple.

Gah, why can't the PSN update today!

____

onken said:
It better have XMB soundtracks ;/

I just watched the dev interview on psblog.

It doesn't. They said they like their soundtrack AND they spent their time/resources on fleshing out the game rather than youtube uploading and custom soundtracks

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
3764497685_546b6eb667_o.jpg

3764497635_5c3a831161_o.jpg

3765294388_85ce69b8db_o.jpg

3764497519_7e7c77c18e_o.jpg

noah111

Still Alive
onken said:
It better have XMB soundtracks ;/
Nope. :( Kinda sucks, but considering I will be playing this with my friends a lot (teamwork) anyways, I don't really need custom music distracting me or anything.. I never play custom music in KZ2 for example unless I play really casually/unranked/game with bots.

Just wondering, can there be bots and players in an online game? I forgot..

onken

____ said:
I just watched the dev interview on psblog.

It doesn't. They said they like their soundtrack AND they spent their time/resources on fleshing out the game rather than youtube uploading and custom soundtracks

Boo-fucking-urns.

Beowulf28

Sentry said:
So its not a real game space like Warhawk and RE5 it's only there for a limited time?

netguy503

AndyD said:
Any hint on what the prizes are in that space?

In the fully redecorated space you will find eight pieces of cake, locked away in cages. To unlock the cake and feed your Princess you need to search the space high and low for clues, these clues will give you access to the finest gateaux and, eventually, her majesty’s waistline. ;)

If you do manage to unlock all eight pieces of cake, and feed the Princess, a special PS Home reward will be yours – the Fat Princess’ very own throne for your personal apartment. Here are a few screenshots of the space to whet your appetite…

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009...tion-home-fat-princess-ambles-slowly-behind…/

noah111

Still Alive
Beowulf28 said:
So its not a real game space like Warhawk and RE5 it's only there for a limited time?
Time will tell if they will move the already built assets into a new space when the time comes, but that space is for special events, not a standalone game space.

Quixzlizx

Drame said:
Oh, well that's pretty simple.

Gah, why can't the PSN update today!

It's also a trivial affair to change classes in the middle of a match, so it should be pretty easy to recognize where your team is currently lacking and switch it up.

Sentry said:
Just wondering, can there be bots and players in an online game? I forgot..

Yes.

52club

jump_button said:
I just hope it not a slow news day tomorrow so we dont get them warning parents that Fat Princess could harm children or some bull shit like that

Can't wait,

"New mature rated game aimed at kids causes eating disorders in teenage girls"

noah111

Still Alive
Beowulf28 said:
Does Fat Princess have a party sytem?
Nah doesn't look like it, but it's not a huge deal as you can invite/join your friends games and be on their team and whatnot.. never really understood the huge deal for a party system if you can easily join a mates game on his team, personally I always have my personal friends in an XMB chat room which solves the communication 'problems'. :D

Sentry said:
Nah doesn't look like it, but it's not a huge deal as you can invite/join your friends games and be on their team and whatnot.. never really understood the huge deal for a party system if you can easily join a mates game on his team, personally I always have my personal friends in an XMB chat room which solves the communication 'problems'. :D

so there is an invite system? good to know.

Shurs

TheExecutive said:
we need a list of people buying this game so we can all play together. Anyone want to start a thread in the matchup forum?

There already is a thread in the Online forum.

peetfeet

GQman2121 said:
So is the Home space only for PSN Euro? There's no mention of it on the US site. I want that damn throne!

Not sure if it's Euro only.

I want the throne too. Shame I wont be able to put it in my Summer House, damn Home says its too full and wont let me. GRRRRRRRRR!!!

Drame

Fat Princess is now up on the EU store, the size is 329mb.

Although you have to search for it, thanks for Brewer for heads up.

Icarus

Bah, have to get through the work day! Between this and the MvC2 release yesterday, I'm going to be swamped tonight.

Top Bottom