• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Just when I was about to forget about this game they say they will release it in a few days.

Now all the hype and gameplay videos that were in the far reaches of my mind are resurfacing.

Definately buying it as soon as its out.

noah111

Still Alive
monocromo said:
Hi... I need help in this one. Does this game feature local multiplayer..? (offline and online)
The beta didn't have any type of local/split-screen feature for offline or online play, but then again the beta was very old... I wouldn't expect it but it may be in there (doubtful).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what the fuck!?

I feel like I've been living under a rock or something; this has completely flown under my radar. I can't believe it's only a day or two away.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
8 maps with 32 players and different perks for each map. Yea, a recipe for epic-ness. The lava one alone is gonna have some epic Braveheart-like encounters as people wait for the lava to subside.

monocromo

Sentry said:
The beta didn't have any type of local/split-screen feature for offline or online play, but then again the beta was very old... I wouldn't expect it but it may be in there (doubtful).

Thanks... so it's as i was expecting it to be. The Adam Prime's post rocketed my hopes up... for nothing :(

noah111

Still Alive
Anyone see this shit yet?

:lol :lol :lol

Man, it's a bloody cartoon game! They take it so serious, it's pretty hilarious. I live in houston and when I go out I don't say 'hmm let me grab one of these skinny women and shove cake down their throats', granted most women in the streets of houston are obese.. it is one of the fattest cities in the world after all.

Drame

Sentry said:

Man, it's a bloody cartoon game! They take it so serious, it's pretty hilarious. I live in houston and when I go out I don't say 'hmm let me grab one of these skinny women and shove cake down their throats', granted most women in the streets of houston are obese.. it is one of the fattest cities in the world after all.

:lol Free publicity for Fat Princess.

It's kind of sad that all of the games in the world, a game about feeding some cake to princess, takes uh the cake :lol.

poweld

A bit busy at work so I can't look around, but I'm curious and you guys probably know the answer...

Is there local co-op + multiplayer, as in, can my roommate and I play online with people?

noah111

Still Alive
poweld said:
A bit busy at work so I can't look around, but I'm curious and you guys probably know the answer...

Is there local co-op + multiplayer, as in, can my roommate and I play online with people?
Scroll up a several posts, been asked and answered. :p

magus

Sentry said:

WTF at the end of the video they said it is going to be rated M for mature. How could this game be rated M. :lol

Mikey Jr.

Sentry said:
Thing is, if they put in a gold trophy here and a silver trophy there, they wouldn't be able to cram in 20 or so trophies, if they're all bronze they can put in the max limit.. It's not a big deal, sort of wish that this would be considered a large scale PSN game instead of small one, at a $15 price point I don't see why not.. I would've loved getting a platinum for this.

Not true.

Do you have savage moon?

That game has exactly 20 trophies with 3 silver, 2 gold, and the rest bronze. So you get more points from that game than Fat Princess.

GQman2121

Banned
magus said:
WTF at the end of the video they said it is going to be rated M for mature. How could this game be rated M. :lol

It's a bloodbath! Have you seen the videos with groups of soldiers getting chopped into pieces?

Anyway, I know what I'm playing this weekend. Is there a thread in the online side yet?

Drame

magus said:

No idea, but that's mainstream media we're talking about here.

Edit: Oh yeah, the blood.

topofuji

Banned
So I'm seeing it listed as releasing on this week's PSN update...seems almost too good to be true after all the delays. Cross your fingers!

I think we can excuse this coming out on the 7/30 update instead of MVC2...

Drame

magus said:
Isn't that cartoon violence though? I thought it would be T. ESRB is a joke.

Yup, it's cartoon violence and ESRB is indeed a joke, but I'm pretty sure that Fat Princess won't be rated as mature.

The rating is still TBA, right?

Like I said, that's mainstream media we're talking about here, anything with blood equals mature, or so it seems.

Spayro

magus said:
Isn't that cartoon violence though? I thought it would be T. ESRB is a joke.
ESRB.com says it IS rated T for Blood and Gore, Cartoon Violence and Lyrics.
I was suprised when I first saw that, considering the amount of blood and gore in the game. I love it.

topofuji said:
So I'm seeing it listed as releasing on this week's PSN update...seems almost too good to be true after all the delays. Cross your fingers!

I think we can excuse this coming out on the 7/30 update instead of MVC2...
Someone's a little late... :p

noah111

Still Alive
Mikey Jr. said:
That game has exactly 20 trophies with 3 silver, 2 gold, and the rest bronze. So you get more points from that game than Fat Princess.
True, FP has 21 trophies all bronze, they must have juggled the points in a certain way though.

It's actually rated T for Teen IIRC, no way it can be rated M for the cartoon blood/gore alone, unless there was some hardcore language in there too..

topofuji

Banned
KilgoreTrout said:
Someone's a little late... :p

Well hey, if I had been paying attention waiting for this every week, only to have it delayed again and again, I would start getting restless over the release of this, no? MVC2 is another title I just recently stopped checking up on because it's still so far in the future yet so close at the same time. When they drop, they drop!

Vinlaen

LiquidMetal14 said:
8 maps with 32 players and different perks for each map. Yea, a recipe for epic-ness. The lava one alone is gonna have some epic Braveheart-like encounters as people wait for the lava to subside.
Different perks for each map?

Hypereides

Gold Member
Sentry said:

Just wait till Jack Thompson gets his hands on it.

I guess he bought that PS3 in preparation :lol

Captain N

They should have a Fat Prince mode as DLC. One person plays as the prince and he's super powerfully..can switch class on the fly. in order to get him weaker you need to feed him cake to the point he can't move anymore. That's when you throw him in the lake.

EVIL137S

Banned
okay really looking for this day 1.
couple questions though,and this may have been answered elsewhere in this thread, but
will there be voice chat between teams, and or teammates?
and how will the matchmaking/lobby work.

btw add me ps3 id EVIL137S
please insert NeoGAF as message.

thank you

LiquidJin

Banned
I can't wait to try the Gladiator mode and use the new taunts. I had a lot of fun with the beta, and their new video makes it seem like there's enough in there to be worth the $15.

Drame

We’re happy to announce that Fat Princess will be available via the PlayStation Store this Thursday 30th July at the cost of €14.99/£11.99.

Source

Kind of expected, once again Europeans get to pay more, but that isn't stopping me from eating some delicious cake!

52club

Concept17 said:
I love the trophy "Chubby Chaser" :lol

Fat girls need love too.

I hope this title really sells. I understand there is room for both this and Battlefield, but I really hope this does reasonably well. If for no other reason to encourage companies to use PSN and XBL as an area to try out creative online games. Instead of releasing games that are just rehashed PC games.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I wonder if Sony is going to market this game anywhere outside of PSN. Either way I hope it does good.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Bought my PS3 last week and didn't even know this game would be out this week.

Perfect timing.

Shadow780

Sentry said:

:lol :lol

Why is a 15 year old playing RE4?

ARREST HER!

Top Bottom