• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I can't connect to anyone, Yay! :lol

I'm guessing living in australia and what they classify as high lag is too much of an issue when finding a game. I either just wasted $24 on something i can rarely play or i might be able to join in and find more games tonight and over the weekend. Let's hope i can.

Nachkebia

Banned
Game is fucking nice, addictive, I love that you can heal yourself if you sit around :lol I still have not figured it out how to build stuff, also how long can one match last? I mean I was playing one session for like half en hour :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
LiquidMetal14 said:
Anyone click on the Who's Your Daddy option????:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
So people know it's the interactive credits with a bootylicious twist :p:lol :lol

Wollan

BruceLeeRoy said:
Whats the general consensus should I pick this up?
-PXG- said:
Yay or nay GAF? I'm really tempted on getting a PSN card on the way home tonight.
Get it. It's very good.

I'm not sure what to say besides it plays just like it looks (it should play) from watching the trailer and videos. The humor is probably more dirty than you would expect from the outside and it's really sharp to look at with (native) 1080p @ a solid 30fps. I haven't checked the singleplayer or gladiator modes myself yet (or re-acquainted myself with the classes), the game is more than just a mere dessert.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
evlcookie said:

I'm guessing living in australia and what they classify as high lag is too much of an issue when finding a game. I either just wasted $24 on something i can rarely play or i might be able to join in and find more games tonight and over the weekend. Let's hope i can.

Nachkebia said:
also how long can one match last? I mean I was playing one session for like half en hour :lol

Not sure, but a 5min timer will come up when the games taking too long.

Also, again, to anyone having trouble finding a game via matchmaking, create your own. You'll have to play against bots for a few matches until it's fully populated, but it beats trying matchmaking over and over with no success.

ZeroEdge

Damn thing won't download for me it stopped at 93% restarted everything and it's going but barely...I want to play dammit :(

BruceLeeRoy said:
Whats the general consensus should I pick this up?
This game has been a must buy for me since I saw the 5 second clip AT E3 last year.
I think it;s outstanding. There isn't anything else on PSN like it. Classic CTF with a great original twist, her royal FatAss. The classes are all useful and fun and the resource element adds depth to the bloodshed. When you have a room full of people, it's lights out fun! Everyone running and slaughtering and yelling commands. The struggle is the fun part! I think everyone should buy this. IT's the best original IP I've seen for PSN yet (IMO).

Nachkebia

Banned
Bootaaay said:
Not sure, but a 5min timer will come up when the games taking too long.

Also, again, to anyone having trouble finding a game via matchmaking, create your own. You'll have to play against bots for a few matches until it's fully populated, but it beats trying matchmaking over and over with no success.

Any class can feed princess? I am kind of scared of her :lol

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Loving the game so far, ran into a minor bug already though.. :lol

2009-07-31000216.jpg

Downloading now...46 minutes remaining. Curse you 1.5MB connection!

Can't wait to get it though. From what I've seen, it's actually a bit like TF2...but a third person action game :lol

Cagen

Nachkebia said:
Any class can feed princess? I am kind of scared of her :lol

Yes.

Label said:
Loving the game so far, ran into a minor bug already though.. :lol

2009-07-31000216.jpg

Yeah, it happens with the pictures also. Luckily it has a voice over or it would have really ruined it.

Loving the aesthetic of the game and the humour though.

If you team doesn't work together (i.e. get on the catapult together to go as a group no matter how long I stand there waiting and instead people going in alone) it is next to impossible to win unless you pick up the princess and happen to run into a team mate by luck on the way back.

Having fun though and Kilgore is a coward :).

took a little time getting into a quick match.

had a little lag nothing to cause the game to be unplayable though.

Once in a game your hooked. I know I am.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
haha just turned myself into a chicken whilst using the catapult!! :lol :lol :lol

I flew so damn high

Hylian7

evlcookie said:

You're not alone with the not connecting thing. I live in America (Texas to be more precise) and I have not been able to connect to a game online. I keep getting kicked back to the title screen. Anyone else having this problem?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hylian7 said:
You're not alone with the not connecting thing. I live in America (Texas to be more precise) and I have not been able to connect to a game online. I keep getting kicked back to the title screen. Anyone else having this problem?

I am. California.

Hylian7 said:

Yes, I had this probem - then I created my own game and played a few matches with bots until it eventually became totally populated with real people. Seriousley guys, rather than wait for matchmaking to hook you up, create your own game and wait for others to arrive - beats getting kicked back to the title screen everytime matchmaking fails.

I don't care about impressions on the gameplay... I was sold playing it back at E3. What I want is impressions about connecting online since gameplay means nothing if you aren't able to connect to anyone.

It can be the coolest game in the world and I won't care if the internets is broken.

BobTheFork said:
This game has been a must buy for me since I saw the 5 second clip AT E3 last year.
I think it;s outstanding. There isn't anything else on PSN like it. Classic CTF with a great original twist, her royal FatAss. The classes are all useful and fun and the resource element adds depth to the bloodshed. When you have a room full of people, it's lights out fun! Everyone running and slaughtering and yelling commands. The struggle is the fun part! I think everyone should buy this. IT's the best original IP I've seen for PSN yet (IMO).

Every video I have seen has looked fantastic so if it plays like I always hoped its a definite must buy.
Thanks.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I finally got into a game...a few lag issues but overall was quite fun. I'd recommend waiting at least a week if you're really worried about the online problems, like any other major online game release.

SSJChar

how does the chat work, is it a push-to-talk thing? also, can the teams hear the other team if theyre close to them? man i can't wait until i get home.

chubigans said:
I finally got into a game...a few lag issues but overall was quite fun. I'd recommend waiting at least a week if you're really worried about the online problems, like any other major online game release.

Well, I'm expecting more from a first party published title that had a beta and has been in development for what seems like forever. I'll keep eyeballing this thread.

Obsolete Observation said:
no local co-op? What an odd omission.

I don't think it's that odd - after playing the game for a while, I wouldn't like to play it with reduced screen size as often you need to see whats going on around you.

Top Bottom