• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Good lord, sometimes you just spend an hour waiting for the other team to slip up, catapaulting at each other like a god damned jackrabbit into their castle and hoping everyones dead. Eventual victory was claimed but I sorta don't want to touch the game until tomorrow now :p

This game looks so fun and crazy.

One question, is the online community active? Will I be able to join 32 player games easily like KZ2?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
H_Prestige said:

One question, is the online community active? Will I be able to join 32 player games easily like KZ2?

This game just came out today. Who knows

dralla

H_Prestige said:

the game has been out for like an hour, wouldn't this be best questioned in a few weeks

Wollan

Noticed a good thing. Just like Warhawk the game limits you to a certain max number of players depending on bandwidth.

edgefusion

Is anyone else finding it totally impossible to join any online game? I just get the connecting message either forever (so I have to quit to XMB and relaunch) or it sends me to the main screen with the message "Sorry, it was not possible to connect to that particular game host. Please try again." I hope this isn't going to be permanent as I don't fancy the idea of shelling out £12 on a useless game.

edgefusion said:
Is anyone else finding it totally impossible to join any online game? I just get the connecting message either forever (so I have to quit to XMB and relaunch) or it sends me to the main screen with the message "Sorry, it was not possible to connect to that particular game host. Please try again." I hope this isn't going to be permanent as I don't fancy the idea of shelling out £12 on a useless game.

Yes, many people are experiencing similar problems - try creating your own game via the 'Control Freak' option in the online menu. You'll probably have to play a few rounds with bots before your room fills up with real people, but it beats matchmaking.

pj325is said:
Wha? I was asking, but random forums I found on google say it's shareable

He's going to have to buy another copy if you were going to share with someone or someone share off you since the game deserves your money.

DMPrince said:
He's going to have to buy another copy if you were going to share with someone or someone share off you since the game deserves your money.
This. Lots of people in here saying they game shared it :/
They really deserve all the support they can get for creating a great game. Hell, they deserve some kind of reward just for thinking up this insanely funny premise.\

Edit: :lol and the credits, LOL that is great! I wonder how much that cost them?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Does the online mode not work yet or something? I can't join a game to save my life for some reason.

Beat the single player, awesome stuff...but I crave online madness!

BobTheFork said:
They really deserve all the support they can get for creating a great game. Hell, they deserve some kind of reward just for thinking up this insanely funny premise.\

Edit: LOL and the credits, LOL that is great! I wonder how much that cost them?

I agree. PSN games are cheap enough and devs deserve your support if you think the game looks interesting.

Can someone describe the credits?

distantmantra said:
I'm on the fence. What's single player like?

Little more than an objective based trawl through the games various match types, but with bots. Good for learning the ropes, but multiplayer is undoubtebly the meat of the game.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Bearillusion said:
Can someone describe the credits?
You run around as the post-win death character and kill the cast and crew as they come out the doors to the song "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot.

Eventually chickens come running out and you kill them, too.

So awesome.

RubxQub said:
You run around as the post-win death character and kill the cast and crew as they come out the doors to the song "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot.

Eventually chickens come running out and you kill them, too.

So awesome.

:lol :lol Sounds like it's worth buying just for that.

Barrett2

Played a few matches. Game is hectic, very charming, lots of fun. Its nice that you can do a lot of different things to contribute. I had fun just laying low and cutting down wood for an entire round, upgrading stuff at the base. The next round I was aggressive, all-out attacking.

Kimosabae

Banned
I've only seen one video of this game, and while it looked fun, I couldn't make out what type of game it's supposed be. Would anyone mind giving me a quick run down of the gameplay?

-Sabae

Bought it.Downloaded it. gonna install it later.

How long are you guys going to keep up that room? might want to join in later.

Bearillusion said:
:lol :lol Sounds like it's worth buying just for that.
The best part to me was
the fake out. It starts with the normal music and after you run around for a minute or so bam it starts and you slaughter the developers while the song plays.

Tenks

just me or is the warrior really as terrible as it seems and the ranger is really as overpowered as it seems

Oh yeah and I can't connect to anything

BobTheFork said:
Maybe they'd deserve a reward if their game worked. I bought it an hour ago and have only able been to join one game, which was laggy as fuck. Tried to host on my own, played for 15 minutes, no one joined. Tried to set the filter for other maps and modes and had no luck. Wonderful.

I'd write it off as launch day rush if it wasn't for all the similar issues the beta had. And I'm a sucker cuz I bought the game even though I knew about them. OH WELL.

I'm actually more upset that I spent $15 on a game featuring fucking lolcat jokes. In 2009. Why didn't anyone warn me? :(

YagizY

I'm excited about this. I'm downloading it off a friend and hopefully I'll be on tonight.

P.S. Before someone complains about game-sharing, I don't care.

Oh here's a crazy...bug?
I'm charging my main ShockAxis and I'm using my usb Pelican controller until it's charged. It won't move my character properly with the other controller. I tested the pelican just now in a few games, but in Fat Princess the movement is slow and it stops constantly. I can't move around, I wonder why.

Edit ?^^^^ already did complain. Cheap-ass

Kafei

Neo Member
Tenks said:
just me or is the warrior really as terrible as it seems and the ranger is really as overpowered as it seems

Oh yeah and I can't connect to anything

yeah, definitely, although i haven't gotten into an online game either

agm2502

Ok just got Home from work, how is Fat Princess holding up? is there any connection issues or serious lag issues etc. I'm from UK.

Top Bottom