• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Had to create my own game to play. I played three maps, it's easy to quickly get in the groove. Not enough people were doing the builder work early on, but I remember I had trouble figuring out how to build in the beta, so I'm sure that'll get better over time. Had a lot of fun for the hour I played.

Chromax

Tenks said:
just me or is the warrior really as terrible as it seems and the ranger is really as overpowered as it seems

Oh yeah and I can't connect to anything

So hard to hit stuff with the warrior's charge :lol

Wollan

Opponents die quite faster in the story mode so it feels more singleplayery I noticed. You can survive a 1 vs 3 fight.

Another thing, this may have been added to the second (third?) Beta phase (but I didn't play those enough to notice) but I like how you can sit down and eat to regain health. It takes a second to get back on your feet again though so be warned.

Shadow780

Wollan said:
Another thing, this may have been added to the second (third?) Beta phase (but I didn't play those enough to notice) but I like how you can sit down and eat to regain health. It takes a second to get back on your feet again though so be warned.

Grab a cake and press a button?

Wollan

Shadow780 said:
Grab a cake and press circle?
No, you don't need to have/do anything. Just don't press any buttons and the char does so automatically.

A good thing, it was hard in the initial beta to survive all the way to the Princess not to mention have full health. Now you can do a bit of ranging around the map not totally dependent on a tower or priest.

Shadow780

Wollan said:
No, you don't need to have/do anything. Just don't press any buttons and the char does so automatically.

A good thing, it was hard in the initial beta to survive all the way to the Princess not to mention have full health. Now you can do a bit of ranging around the map not totally defendant on a tower or priest.

Oh okay that's cool.

Do towers regain your health faster though?

Wollan

Shadow780 said:
Do towers regain your health faster though?
Not really. You go through the door and end up on top and in the process you regain a heart. If you keep looping you can regain it all. A quick way to earn a single heart though (and maybe escape a sword strike).

Agent X

It looks like this was asked by a couple of other users earlier in the thread, but no one ever addressed it, so I'll ask: Is there clan support in this game?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oni Jazar said:
So is anyone having problems finding full lag-free games online or joining friends?

I'm having problems just connecting to a game, period. I have not able to play a single second of an online game. What is this crap

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Wario64 said:
I'm having problems just connecting to a game, period. I have not able to play a single second of an online game. What is this crap

If only they had had a beta or something to iron this sort of thing out...

Dragon

Banned
The only way I was able to play a game (and when I did it was really fun) was to choose the game type and map. When I did that I connected pretty quickly. Just doing the quick game thing netted me nothing but connect to host errors.

vehn

for you dexter fans...

one of the taunts (left d-pad) makes your guy say "I'm going to cut you into bits like the ice truck killer"

so awesome!

Jetku

First game played (with no beta) i came in 1st in a full game!

:lol

i ran into existing fights and spammed the mass freeze attack as the mage (after i spent five minutes upgrading it myself..)

very few people were talking. I didnt have a headset, but i could hear through the speakers. They were very good at healing me though while i executed my 'master strategy'

CoLaN

My first reaction was: this is a mess.

...but then i joined a good server, where people did a very nice teamwork, and it was a pure blast :D

At first the combat could appear to be a bit random, but after some time you realize how a good team can do amazing stuff.

Really nice game, could use a server browser and text chat though

danootz

Dumb question, but, is a mic absolutely necessary?

Anyone have a good recommendation for a cheap, PS3 compatible, bluetooth headset?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm wondering if it's 30 or 60 fps <,<?

ha1f

Wow. I was so ready to download this and sit here with a barrel of cheese balls all night while I played. All these net play complaints are making me a bit apprehensive...

Baaaah what the hell I'll buy it anyway.

PSN: ha1f_

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

SaitoH

Had a lot of problems connecting initially, but once I got online I played for two and half hours. You just have to be persistant to connect.

Very fun game.

Shadow780

Holy crap I just had an awesome 6-man group consists of two clergies, one mage, two warriors and one archer.

We would push forward by capturing towers and the two clergies would camp at the top and heal the other 4 while they defeat enemies.

Once we captured and camp at the tower near the enemy castle then the clergies would change to dark ones and rush enemy base. The mage would freeze re-spawned enemies while the rest rescue the princess. Huge success.

SO.AWESOME.

Drame

Good games GAF squad!

Me and Kilgoretrout, keeping where it's at!

Priest players for the win!

Made it to the Warlord rank, but then lost it, in couple matches, pff.

I'm just repeating myself here, but the game is really fun to play. If you get someone from your friends to host the game, everything will run marvelously.

snack

Anyone got tips on how to excel in this game? I just played for an hour and it's fun but I feel like I'm too noob-like.

2 quick questions:

950928_20090602_screen010.jpg

What is the "1" representing to the left of 1040 (the points of the user)?

I noticed on the player list that every "real person" has a white icon except one who has this crown icon. Is that person the "king" or something?

Top Bottom