• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Just bought the game, haven't been able to play much outside of some offline skirmishes. No success at online yet.

I haven't learned the game yet so I was just running around killing people but it was still really funny. The sound effects these little guys make are pure gold :lol

And the game is surprisingly good looking. 1080p makes a huge difference.

Just bought this and it won't let me play online. I keep getting an error message saying "Sorry, it was not possible to connect to that particular game host. Please try again."

kenta

Has no PEINS
It's becoming clear that when a game's beta has issues, the actual final release will continue to have issues. I'm unaware of an exception to this, especially on PS3. Warhawk, SOCOM, LBP, this

Baker

Banned
This is fucking ridiculous. I finally get to sit down for the night and after 23 minutes, I still have not been able to connect to a single match.

I'm beating a dead horse, but come on. It's an online only game and it doesn't work online. I don't want to hear any of that "oh my gosh it was sooooo more popular than we thought it would be" crap either.

Wollan

Liquid is correct, I just joined his online soccer game:

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Volcynika

Baker said:
This is fucking ridiculous. I finally get to sit down for the night and after 23 minutes, I still have not been able to connect to a single match.

I'm beating a dead horse, but come on. It's an online only game and it doesn't work online. I don't want to hear any of that "oh my gosh it was sooooo more popular than we thought it would be" crap either.

This is why I'm waiting until it's fixed until even considering a purchase.

TheExodu5

Banned
I guess I'm one of the lucky users. No problems connecting to matches, and everything seemed relatively lagless.

30fps is a major letdown though. :(

Rlan

Battlefield 1943 $14.99USD, Fat Princess $14.99USD.
Battlefield 1943 $19.95AUD, Fat Princess $23.95AUD

Fuck you SCEU.

ZeroEdge

Got it downloaded after dinner (took forever though) played a few solo rounds to get used to the game, tried to jump online and failed horribly. I connected to one game in 2 hours and it was pretty laggy with people warping over the map. It seems fun though and should be better once you can reliable connect and play.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I was in the beta so I know what to expect. I'm fine with the gameplay itself. To me buying this game comes down to 4 things:
lag, bugs, connecting to matches, and number of active people playing. I'm disappointed reading that attempting to connect to matches still fucking sucks.

Wollan

I had FaP idle for a while but sorry to all the PM's I haven't replied to (over a dozen).

GG Liquid, I'm going to call it a night.

Agent X

GQman2121 said:
Your lose, we're all having a blast.

Believe me, I think the game looks great. I've been looking forward to it for a long time.

However, seeing how connection problems are so widespread, the odds are rather high that I won't be able to get into a game, or my friend(s) won't be able to get into a game. Combine that with lack of either a clan or party system, and the chances of us getting into the same game are even lower. It's just too much of a gamble at this point, especially at the $15 price.

It's times like this that really I wish I was in the beta (my PS3 was broken during the time the beta took place). First thing I would have suggested is the inclusion of clans and/or parties (preferably both). I'm just shocked that no one in the beta bothered to suggest that (or that they did and it fell on deaf ears), and that there are still so many connection problems.

LiK

this is really fun once you understand all the mechanics. played a few games and got some trophies. woot.

Shadow780

How do you use Warrior's long sword effectively? It's slow and hard to hit ppl running around. It's been the worst class during my limited playthrough.

Wollan

Agent X said:
First thing I would have suggested is the inclusion of clans and/or parties (preferably both). I'm just shocked that no one in the beta bothered to suggest that
Well that's a major feature. People won't bother suggesting it because it's futile with launch less than three months away (or a month in this case). Joining a friends game isn't a problem from a design perspective, all your active friends are listed and you can join them and switch sides how you like.

LiK

Shadow780 said:
How do you use Warrior's long sword effectively? It's slow and hard to hit ppl running around. It's been the worst class during my limited playthrough.

his charge attack is MIGHTY!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Agent X said:
Believe me, I think the game looks great. I've been looking forward to it for a long time.

However, seeing how connection problems are so widespread, the odds are rather high that I won't be able to get into a game, or my friend(s) won't be able to get into a game. Combine that with lack of either a clan or party system, and the chances of us getting into the same game are even lower. It's just too much of a gamble at this point, especially at the $15 price.

It's times like this that really I wish I was in the beta (my PS3 was broken during the time the beta took place). First thing I would have suggested is the inclusion of clans and/or parties (preferably both). I'm just shocked that no one in the beta bothered to suggest that (or that they did and it fell on deaf ears), and that there are still so many connection problems.
Give me ONE online game that didn't have connection problems on its
global
launch day.

Gee.

Achtius

Wollan said:
Well that's a major feature. People won't bother suggesting it because it's futile with launch less than three months away (or a month in this case). Joining a friends game isn't a problem from a design perspective, all your active friends are listed and you can join them and switch sides how you like.

I got no friends who are onlined playing this game. :(

They should make a clan system if they have none.

If anyone want to add me, PSN : Achtius . Tell me you are in gaf tho XD

I really appreciate how this game is 1080p, it looks really sharp and better than any videos or screenshots i've seen. The only time I ever see 1080p was blu-rays and Wipeout HD, I wish there were more.

LiK

Shadow780 said:
Too vertical IMO, the short sword is a twirl attack that's horizontal.

even if it doesn't really connect, it still takes some damage off. some dude was charging me with it and took off close to half my life. it's fun charging around with this class. people run away from me :lol

Shadow780 said:
Charge attack for a 1 hit (well technically 2 hit) kill on most enemies. Also the charge time is pretty fast so I use the tactic of charge attack then running away before swiping back onto another enemy.
EDIT: well sort of beaten but posting on my PSP is really slow.

Wollan

The upgraded Warrior charge really fast. Like a second or so, and the leap is pretty useful for catching up. What you need to master is to be able to hit with both of the strikes. I also like how warriors don't slow down when charging.

enewtabie

My team hasn't been winning any,but I've managed to stay in the top 3 on every match. Damn, how many pieces of Cake to get 1500 calories? :lol I still don't understand the kill 88 people without dying trophy. It's got to be a mistake.
psn: enewtabie

This is a very quiet and lonely game online :(

Well, probably because my friend who has it refuses to leave his 4 player game in favor of my 18 player one :lol

Bah, whatever, *puts on Rebel FM*

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Workers/Priests is where it's at, baby.

Love upgrading/building and running support on fools. Hopefully people never figure out that the guy busting ghosts behind the Warrior should be the primary target.

Ugh.
Out of the 20 or so tries I've gotten into one game and completed it. Pretty fun, as expected... but what the hell I can't connect to most of the games... I can't even connect to games my friends are in.
Sigh.
Hope they iron out this crap soon and not have to wait for patches like in the beta.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Man I really hope the terrible lag is just launch growing pains, and not just part of the game. Is the whole server run clientside by the host?

Shadow780 said:
Are you locking on? It homes in on people. It's probably the most lag-affected ability so it's a huge pain to use right now, but try it offline, it works great. I think the only thing you should be using it for though is catching people who run away - when it comes to fighting people who stand still for you, the sword's charge attack wins and I think its swinging damage is better too, not to mention the shield for arrows/bullets.

Snipes424

RubxQub said:

Love upgrading/building and running support on fools. Hopefully people never figure out that the guy busting ghosts behind the Warrior should be the primary target.

Well WoW has been out for what? 4-5 years now, and people still don't know to go for the healers first, so I think you are good to go.

Velsk

Neo Member
They're in our base, killing our dudes!

I just got this. It took a while to get into a game, but once I stopped using the quick game option and searched for the game by filters I got in on my first try.

If anyone wants to play my PSN tag is MidnightStranger. Just got my PS3 a month ago so my friends list is quite empty at the moment.

Shadow780

Zek said:
Are you locking on? It homes in on people. It's probably the most lag-affected ability so it's a huge pain to use right now, but try it offline, it works great. I think the only thing you should be using it for though is catching people who run away - when it comes to fighting people who stand still for you, the sword's charge attack wins and I think its swinging damage is better too, not to mention the shield for arrows/bullets.

Well it's just that when I'm the warrior, usually the center of enemy's attention is on me. So I'm hoping for some kind of wide range attack that can damge multiple targets at once like the Mage. The short sword's twirl attack has been working better than the long sword for me.

I'll play some more warriors see if the charge attack is really good.

Also how do you switch targets with lock-on?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Shadow780 said:
Also how do you switch targets with lock-on?
Repress the L1 button.

Can't seem to get it to target anyone in particular, not sure how it decides who to target.

Gigglepoo

RubxQub said:

20070921.jpg

Top Bottom