• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

noah111

Still Alive
gamerecks said:
How long do games go on usually? I was playing online and was in the same game for 30 minutes, and nothing was happening, we got their princess but the game wouldnt end.
Games last a looong time, they can trail quite a bit if no one actually does anything (ie tries to get their princess), but eventually time will run out and there'll be a 5:00 remaining counter on the screen. Are you sure you playing the right mode? You have been playing the mode where you have to capture her several times, if it's a glitch i've never head about it before.

Starbeh

Neo Member
Getting booted in every other game just because you're a good priest is getting old really quick.

Keep the points secret until the end of the round or something. Just prevent immature hosts from cheating.

Dreavus

LiquidJin said:
Got to bring your RTS skills to the table. Catapults are expensive, well more expensive then bombs. Blow up the other teams catapult and force them to use the rest of the map and farm more wood.

You can do this? I thought for sure I had tried dropping some bombs on the catapult and it didn't seem to do anything. I'll have to test this again, then!

Starbeh said:
Getting booted in every other game just because you're a good priest is getting old really quick.

Keep the points secret until the end of the round or something. Just prevent immature hosts from cheating.

i boot priest that just camp at the base and point spam

Starbeh

Neo Member
haldalish said:
i boot priest that just camp at the base and point spam

I completely understand that, since that's not a good priest (or player for that matter).

I encourage and participate in as many attacks as possible. Thats where the heart of the game is. The only time i would camp around our base is when there are people from the other team bashing at our gates.

STG

no more friend requests please for me, I cant invite any longer to gaf chat

PS3 is dead and I don't know when I will buy a new one

G_Berry

Banned
I'm regretting this purchase more than any other. I have played 3 games online (only 3 that connected) and they we so laggy I had to leave. $23 is way too much (Australia) for a game I can't even play.

Last multiplayer PSN title I buy unless there are dedicated Australian servers.

Puck

Banned
G_Berry said:
I'm regretting this purchase more than any other.

I completely agree.. I even bought Rag Doll fucking Kung Fu on launch and don't regret it as much as Fat Princess.

I played the FP beta and all of the shitty issues have been carried over to the "full" version of the game. I have played it for less than 30 mins and i have no intention of playing it ever again. Major buyers remorse, seems like everyones interest in this is dead (from what i can see anyway, went from everyone on my friends list playing it to nobody).

Even with the patch, i'm not going to play it. The game sucks.

Vlodril

I havent had any problems since the beggining. Even without the patch i ve been able to connect to random games the 2-3 times i tried. Though i must admit its much more fun to play with gaffers than with randoms.

Barto

Neo Member
I don't regret buying the game but I do feel slightly mislead. The press before the release was building the game up to have really deep and varied game-play but there's nothing to it, I'm like 81% through the trophies now and the only fun I get in the game now is unlocking new customizations, even that interest is fading fast.

Dragon

Banned
Puck said:
I completely agree.. I even bought Rag Doll fucking Kung Fu on launch and don't regret it as much as Fat Princess.

I got Rag Doll for free at launch. Why the hell did you buy it?

Puck said:
I played the FP beta and all of the shitty issues have been carried over to the "full" version of the game.

So you played the beta, the beta had all kinds of issues, you chose to buy it again BLINDLY after knowing it could have issues and the issues cropped up again. Is there some reason you didn't wait it out? I don't feel sorry for you at all if you played the beta.

Puck said:
I have played it for less than 30 mins and i have no intention of playing it ever again.

Are we on 90210? I didn't realize there was this much melodrama here.

Puck said:
Major buyers remorse, seems like everyones interest in this is dead (from what i can see anyway, went from everyone on my friends list playing it to nobody).

I have a fair amount of my friends list playing and even so anecdotal evidence is really irrelevant.

Puck said:
Even with the patch, i'm not going to play it. The game sucks.

Well good, I'm sure most people wouldn't want another whiner playing online. There's enough already in Call of Duty.

poweld

TheBranca18 said:
Well good, I'm sure most people wouldn't want another whiner playing online. There's enough already in Call of Duty.
Amen.

I'm excited for this game to blossom into something chunky and beautiful.

Mudkips

Banned
Barto said:
I don't regret buying the game but I do feel slightly mislead. The press before the release was building the game up to have really deep and varied game-play but there's nothing to it, I'm like 81% through the trophies now and the only fun I get in the game now is unlocking new customizations, even that interest is fading fast.

I do regret buying it.
Gameplay is shallow and repetitive as fuck.
I didn't get into the beta, so I didn't know that.

I don't know how some of you who have connection issues put up with it.
The only issue I ever had was a bit of lag once in a while.

patsu

It's not that shallow. But if your team doesn't cooperate, then you're screwed.

The upgrade mechanism has subtle but important effects overall. e.g., If you upgrade mage, then your warrior and ranger can arm themselves with fire blade and fire arrow.

The maps also contain hidden routes.

edgefusion

I'm also kinda regretting buying it too... +1 for shallow and repetitive. I'll probably give it a go again now that the patch is out but the game ultimately feels very unfulfilling to me. There is just no feeling of progress in any of the matches and combat is incredibly unsatisfying. I feel like I'm hopelessly fighting against an endless wave of marshmallows until someone gets lucky enough to pull the Princess far enough from the castle.

noah111

Still Alive
It's quite obvious who here is actually playing the game 'as it was meant to be played'.. It was "shallow & repetitive as fuck" for me too after playing the beta for countless hours, but that's because I was only playing single player with bots (and on the same bloody map). Online with communication is a totally different story, it's still a blast IMHO but only if you play it as a team, with friends, etc.. This is definitely not the game for the kind of people who go out as a one man team.

Zyzyxxz

edgefusion said:
I'm also kinda regretting buying it too... +1 for shallow and repetitive. I'll probably give it a go again now that the patch is out but the game ultimately feels very unfulfilling to me. There is just no feeling of progress in any of the matches and combat is incredibly unsatisfying. I feel like I'm hopelessly fighting against an endless wave of marshmallows until someone gets lucky enough to pull the Princess far enough from the castle.

has it already been patched?

Shit I regretted buying it after the first week, the hype died down so fast for me after all the horrible game connection issues.

Barto

Neo Member
Sentry said:
It's quite obvious who here is actually playing the game 'as it was meant to be played'.. It was "shallow & repetitive as fuck" for me too after playing the beta for countless hours, but that's because I was only playing single player with bots (and on the same bloody map). Online with communication is a totally different story, it's still a blast IMHO but only if you play it as a team, with friends, etc.. This is definitely not the game for the kind of people who go out as a one man team.

I use my headset when playing and the results stay the same, the only commands that get listened too are the order in which to upgrade the classes, after that people just go on one man killing spree's and I end up just taking a bot with me and rescuing the princess on my own.
Also in most of my games hardly anyone is using voice com and those that do are either totally new to the game or speaking another language so pretty useless either way.

Don't get me wrong I'm still playing the game and sometimes enjoying a few matches but once you've grasped the mechanics of the game there's little for 1 man to do and that singles out the majority of the people who bought the game. It still needs improvements that have been listed throughout this thread like rank matching, clans, server list and a bloody platinum trophy! With a substantial free update I'm sure they can make me love it like I did when I first started playing it again.

Drame

Phew! What a week.

Nothing like painting almost 24/7, because of funny deadlines :lol

Anyway, seems that the European patch is up, great!

I should be back home, somewhere around tomorrow evening,
so I'll try to get a game going on again. Been awhile since last game :D

Sorry to hear about your PS3, STG. But hey, the Slim is right around the corner, right?
Believe! In any case, you have been great help to Kil and me, thanks!

I really suck at typing with my iPhone, thubby fingers pff.

G_Berry said:
I'm regretting this purchase more than any other. I have played 3 games online (only 3 that connected) and they we so laggy I had to leave. $23 is way too much (Australia) for a game I can't even play.

Last multiplayer PSN title I buy unless there are dedicated Australian servers.

After the patch i don't have any problems connecting,but lag still a problem some times i would try to pick up a hat and it will not pick it,many times the character gets stock in places,it has some bugs that need to be fix,but the game it self is pretty good.

GQman2121

Banned
Baker said:
No, they need to make a switch target button.

It's called the right analog stick. How do you think those Priests are able to switch from person to person so quickly to point whore it up? :lol

Baker

Banned
GQman2121 said:
It's called the right analog stick. How do you think those Priests are able to switch from person to person so quickly to point whore it up? :lol
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I'd just keep running around in circles hammering L1 until it locked on to the person I actually wanted.

Jeez I'm a moron.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
edgefusion said:
I'm also kinda regretting buying it too... +1 for shallow and repetitive.

Oh come on. It's a team based CTF with some twists to it (classes, fat princess, etc). If you end up with suckers, the game sucks. If you end up playing with awesomeness, it rules. If you think CTF is "shallow and repetitive anyways, you shouldn't have bought it.

Your problem should be with the lack of server lists which is essential to games like this.

Drame

KilgoreTrout said:
Anyone still playing?

I'd love to set up a GAF game in a few hours.

I'd love to, but I have to go to work in 7 hours :lol

Also, I finally got my old connection back, so EuroGAF there might be some matches tomorrow on "sane" hours, yay!

I really need to start playing FP again, I just have to, pff!

Dre

I won't be able to join in a couple hours either, it's 11:30PM over here and I'm feeling quite tired and going to bed soon.
Tomorrow maybe.

Teknoman

patsu said:
It's not that shallow. But if your team doesn't cooperate, then you're screwed.

The upgrade mechanism has subtle but important effects overall. e.g., If you upgrade mage, then your warrior and ranger can arm themselves with fire blade and fire arrow.

The maps also contain hidden routes.

This. Headsets + Teamwork = Win.

Lack of headset included with system is the bane of the PS3's existence....even though you've got more choices of what to go with on PS3 than the 360 or Wii (USB, Bluetooth). Lack of communication in Warhawk, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Call of Duty, etc. etc. can make gameplay feel shallow and unfufilling.

Estival

red shoe paul said:
All trophies that require 'X' amount of kills will be wiped. Which is dumb.
Oh no... when is this happening? Maybe I should try to get that 2200 one before then, since I was kinda close.

KGKK said:
Wait wait what?! Stats are being wiped out? But why?!
The leader-boards are all fucked up. They need to wipe the stats to get them working.

As all but 1,000 of you are no doubt aware, the scoreboards are currently limited to the top 1,000 players. We are working with Sony to have this cap removed, so all players can see their score. Just to give fair warning, this will happen with a future update and when it does, all scores will be reset to zero. This will allow all players to be on the boards and in the race. BEFORE ANYONE FREAKS OUT: We are working on a way of doing this that will allow you to retain your unlocked Get Fabulous options. K, NOW FREAK OUT.
To the top 1,000 – You rock. We’re sorry we have to do this, but we’re confident that you’ll recapture your rightful place at the top.
To everyone else – Those cheating bastard AoE exploiters will now be in your sights. Crush them.
Just a little humor folks… Thanks in advance for seeing this as an opportunity to legitimately prove your skillz. No word on timing yet.

http://titanstudios.com/blog/2009/08/fixes-coming-boko577-owns-you-help-your-princess-more/

While I don't regret buying FP, I will say that I am not impressed. The art style is cool, the premise is cool but I feel that there could have been more. I can't put my finger on it but it seems like it's missing something.

Baker

Banned
314dorb.jpg

http://titanstudios.com/blog/

Are those new classes.?

Well i was playing yesterday and i was kick from the game,just because the host did not like the fact that i was owing their team,i was the top player and all of the sudden you have been kick by the host what did you do..:lol

There are some bad losers playing the game.

Top Bottom