• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Juggernaut said:

Thuggee

Kill 88 enemies in a single online game without dying

How is that possible? :eek:

i think you can heal if you eat cake (or have a medic with you). do that and it'll probably be feasible, but it still sounds pretty tough.

Shurs

I'll buy the game on Thursday, and this is a nice surprise since I didn't expect the game until late August, but I am a bit bummed because this probably means that we won't see Trine this week.

Lionheart said:
Yeah, what the...!? Sounds worthy of a gold trophy to me, though I haven't played the game yet of course..

Trust me, not dying is very hard to achieve in a Fat Princess match. Especially if you are trying to take over a tower or free the princess.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Good to see a worldwide release, Hopefully that includes the australian store :lol

Wonder what the lag will be like. Hrmm!

noah111

Still Alive
Lionheart said:
Yeah, what the...!? Sounds worthy of a gold trophy to me, though I haven't played the game yet of course..
Thing is, if they put in a gold trophy here and a silver trophy there, they wouldn't be able to cram in 20 or so trophies, if they're all bronze they can put in the max limit.. It's not a big deal, sort of wish that this would be considered a large scale PSN game instead of small one, at a $15 price point I don't see why not.. I would've loved getting a platinum for this.

netguy503

Juggernaut said:
Isn't Critter Crunch coming out this thursday as well? This will be a hard decision to make.

So this, Watchman: Episode 2, AND Critter Crunch are releasing this week? I said DAMN!!!

Though, for Critter Crunch's sake, I hope it doesn't drop this week. For those that don't have alot of money, it's obvious what they are picking up this week.

Sentry said:
Thing is, if they put in a gold trophy here and a silver trophy there, they wouldn't be able to cram in 20 or so trophies, if they're all bronze they can put in the max limit.. It's not a big deal, sort of wish that this would be considered a large scale PSN game instead of small one, at a $15 price point I don't see why not.. I would've loved getting a platinum for this.

Indeed, the game is at the same price point as Battlefield 1943 and that game has gold and silver trophies. Just look at how easy they are to get.

Gold Trophy
The Pacific Campaign
Win once on every map as any team.

Silver Trophies

Master of Your Domain
Get one kill playing as each class.

Tour of Duty I
Play 30 matches.

Veteran
Cap 25 enemy flags.

Tour of Duty II
Play 100 matches.

netguy503

Sentry said:

Dude, if they put this out as a platinum title I would have so been in love. Could you IMAGINE what the platinum icon would be for this title. Probably would have been as cute as LBP's platinum icon. :D

Mikey Jr.

Wow, kill 88 guys in a round without dieing. Killing 88 guys in a round is hard, nevermind not dieing once in the process.

netguy503

LiquidMetal14 said:
The awesome part is this games maps each have different perks and are huge. This is gonne be fun.

Yea, I've always wanted to play in that lava or cliff/mountain-ish stage they showed in videos. I wonder how that will work out. (My guess: epicly).

noah111

Still Alive
gibration said:
Beowulf28 said:
I was really looking forward to this but all the negative feedback from the beta is deterring me. War it that bad?
same here

If you were to read the feedback then you would know it was generally online lag/server issues, not fundamental gameplay aspects or anything like that.. a beta is a beta, why do you think it was a closed version? That shit is oooold. Was still good though, offline even.

i'll get this game another week. Will read the impressions since beta feedback didn't help me much.

Will stick to Critter Crunch this week ;D

Quixzlizx

Beowulf28 said:
I was really looking forward to this but all the negative feedback from the beta is deterring me. War it that bad?

The gameplay is solid. I'm hoping the reason why it's taking so long after the beta to release is that they're making sure to work out all the technical kinks.

borsdy

Banned
Juggernaut said:
Indeed, the game is at the same price point as Battlefield 1943 and that game has gold and silver trophies. Just look at how easy they are to get.

Gold Trophy
The Pacific Campaign
Win once on every map as any team.

Silver Trophies

Master of Your Domain
Get one kill playing as each class.

Tour of Duty I
Play 30 matches.

Veteran
Cap 25 enemy flags.

Tour of Duty II
Play 100 matches.
I think this is because DLC is actually planned for Fat Princess.

Sentry said:
If you were to read the feedback then you would know it was generally online lag/server issues, not fundamental gameplay aspects or anything like that.. a beta is a beta, why do you think it was a closed version? That shit is oooold. Was still good though, offline even.
This ^. It was a freaking beta. I guess some people still don't understand what a beta is.

Juggernaut said:
Isn't Critter Crunch coming out this thursday as well? This will be a hard decision to make.
definitely not coming out this week... no way in frigging hell we're releasing the same week as FP.

We're still a bit out from release folks... not sure who dropped the science that we were releasing this week.

Cromulent_Word said:
definitely not coming out this week... no way in frigging hell we're releasing the same week as FP.

We're still a bit out from release folks... not sure who dropped the science that we were releasing this week.

awww.

Dre

The beta was fine gameplay wise, balancing was a bit off, but apart from that it was a solid and fun game, the beta patch introduced new bugs though. :D
But as already stated the online part was still a bit laggy and matchmaking was very difficult.

Hypecube

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:

GOOD. I don't have to spend some much money at one time. But rest assured, When Critter Crunch is released, I'll be buying day one.

Alex

Very interested, but very worried after all of the beta rants. 15 bucks is a great price though. People are so cheap whenever shit isn't on a disc.

monocromo

ok... lets make this easy. If I'm not mistaken, you should think like this. Bronze: 1 point . Silver: 2 points . Gold: 6 points. Platinum (cant remember, ha)

So, when a game doesn't have a gold or silver trophie it doesn't mean anything. Do the maths and all the downloadable games should give you 20 or 21 points. So... devs decide how to distribute the points (in theory). Gold and Silver ones means less trophies (and more complicated to obtain)... or you can put a lot of bronze trophies. In the end, its the same (if you care about gamer level it gives you the same amount of points, basically)

KGKK

Banned
About goddamn motherfucking piss ass time!!!!!

I will only get a few days to play though as I go on vacation next Monday for awhile:(

JMC

Banned
vxkqs1.gifp

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Thursday is my birthday! :D

I'll wait for some impressions. I'm sure it'll be good - but I'm not a real big fan of multiplayer kind of games. Plus if it has local multiplayer, that'll be a HUGE reason for me to pick it up as well. I want local multiplayer in my games.

Top Bottom