• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

So if I've basically got no more room for cards and all my 4* servants at max 2nd ascension level and all 3* at max 1st ascension level, should I just start running the 30AP ember all day every day to build up prisms, and dump off gold cards on lower rarity servants whenever I need more space?

jonjonaug

So if I've basically got no more room for cards and all my 4* servants at max 2nd ascension level and all 3* at max 1st ascension level, should I just start running the 30AP ember all day every day to build up prisms, and dump off gold cards on lower rarity servants whenever I need more space?

Are you putting cards into your Second Archive too? If you want the XP for your master level/bond and you're completely full it might be better to sell 4* cards from the 40 AP mission instead, since those will also sell for one prism each.

Yeah, doesn't hurt to start saving now. You'll need something like 5,000 Mana Prism by the time New Year's comes around, to fully LB Da Vinci's CE. Fully LB'd, it gives you a pretty substantial bonus to your QP gain and is one of the better utility CE. The one following it, Chaldea Lunch Time, is another recommended one, as it increases the rate of gain for Bond points which, as you know, takes a long tie to earn normally. So that CE is also well-regarded in-game.

So yes, you want A LOT of Mana Prisms. Later events will reward you with a decent amount, but you'll probably want to do some grinding on the side, especially if you want to max LB both of the aforementioned CE. Just do the 30AP ember dailies and burn the silver cards.

10-4, thank you. Guess I'll factor that into my farming then; need more ascension materials than gold exp right now anyway so doing 30's is no big deal, especially since today's is for archers and casters.

For the event, not sure I'm going to roll much more than maybe the free tickets we got. My shop is out of tickets, and I don't think Orion is enough of a draw for me to fruitlessly spend my slowly stockpiled Saint Quartz.

chrono01

10-4, thank you. Guess I'll factor that into my farming then; need more ascension materials than gold exp right now anyway so doing 30's is no big deal, especially since today's is for archers and casters.

For the event, not sure I'm going to roll much more than maybe the free tickets we got. My shop is out of tickets, and I don't think Orion is enough of a draw for me to fruitlessly spend my slowly stockpiled Saint Quartz.
No worries, happy to help!

Yeah, unless you want Orion for "waifu reasons", I'd save for a better banner. She's not a "bad" character, but there are so many upcoming characters better than her, as well as other Archers such as Gilgamesh when returns. If you're doubting pulling, I'd say go with your instinct and save your Star Quartz.

Sciel

Wow just saw the news about the Moon Festival. Perfect timing since i need Caster Monuments.

....NO I WILL NOT PULL, I WILL NOT!! I WILL HOARD MY QUARTZ AND TICKETS.

...i'll probably burn a few summoning tickets at most ;-;

Grazzt

Wow just saw the news about the Moon Festival. Perfect timing since i need Caster Monuments.

I wont pull as nothing interests me. The event CE is good on Gil but I can get it from drops or shop.
And you can only get caster monuments from Shadow Medea.
I've heard this event is one of the worst, they really should just give us the rerun version...

Edit: Found this event guide, might be useful. https://docs.google.com/document/d/16-DQU7-5IssGfUUvqHjO90jybmNUVng_2RJPfwknIjw/preview

Moonlight

Banned
I actually kind of appreciate Orion being in the banner for a little while. I'll be hit with an urge to pull at some point, see her in the banner, and realize that in my infinitesimal chance of rolling anyone 5*, there are likelier odds of it being her, and save my tickets for another day.

Sciel

I wont pull as nothing interests me. The event CE is good on Gil but I can get it from drops or shop.
And you can only get caster monuments from Shadow Medea.
I've heard this event is one of the worst, they really should just give us the rerun version...

Edit: Found this event guide, might be useful. https://docs.google.com/document/d/16-DQU7-5IssGfUUvqHjO90jybmNUVng_2RJPfwknIjw/preview

Orion/Artemis doesn't interest me much either. Its just the urge to pull (lol).
Prob need a lot more self control :p.

x-Lundz-x

Anyone have the list of servants and when we know they will be dropping in the US version?

Also i need saber monuments should i be doing the 10ap or 30ap?

EDarkness

I finally managed to save up enough SQ to do a 10 summon. I was excited for some reason and it turns out I had every right to be because I ended up getting Zhuge Liang! Damn, that was awesome. I still don't have a Artoria, but I hope to get one sooner rather than later. Just gotta build Zhuge up now. Luckily Caster is on the daily today.

By the way, why do they call this guy Waver?

EDarkness

You will know when you upgrade him

Heh, heh. Okay. Gonna be a while, I only got him to level 20 so far. I'm totally diggin' Emiya. Unlimited Blade Works always looks bad ass. I've been using him in Fate/Extella and I use his NP just to see the animation. Looks cool in this game, too.

x-Lundz-x

Finally got that 5th monument to get Altera to 80. Now I need the XP cards lol. Going to be a long time before she gets to 90. Now time to decide who to work on next :)

Slashlen

Even farming fangs is slow. I still expect to be ready in time for the moon event, but this has used up a lot more AP than expected.

I'm sure I'll solo yolo a ticket or two. There's no point in trying to enforce some kind of non-existent discipline with rolling as long as you are maintaining your pace towards saving towards whatever long-term goal on rolling you have down the road. NA FGO is getting 5 free summon tickets every month from the day of launch, something JP didn't have for over a year.

x-Lundz-x

I'm sure I'll solo yolo a ticket or two. There's no point in trying to enforce some kind of non-existent discipline with rolling as long as you are maintaining your pace towards saving towards whatever long-term goal on rolling you have down the road. NA FGO is getting 5 free summon tickets every month from the day of launch, something JP didn't have for over a year.

Hoarding everything for Jack the Ripper whenever she is released, probably wont get anything :(

Can someone give me an explanation of summoning tickets? Do they summon only servants, or just cards in general?

It's the same as spending 3 quartz. You can get anything you could get with quartz.

Only difference is that you can't have a 10-roll (and the guarantees that come with it) with summon tickets.

EDarkness

It's the same as spending 3 quartz. You can get anything you could get with quartz.

Only difference is that you can't have a 10-roll (and the guarantees that come with it) with summon tickets.

Ah, so they're not something that can be stored and used as a way to get a 10 pull. So do people use them when they get them, or save them up?

chrono01

Ah, so they're not something that can be stored and used as a way to get a 10 pull. So do people use them when they get them, or save them up?
Yeah, they can't be used for a multi-pull, only singles.

Save them up for a character that interests you, or use them for single pulls to "scratch that itch" while saving your Star Quartz for something else.

EDarkness

Yeah, they can't be used for a multi-pull, only singles.

Save them up for a character that interests you, or use them for single pulls to "scratch that itch" while saving your Star Quartz for something else.

Okay. Good to know. I still want an Artoria if I can get her. I might use them at some point. Maybe a banner she shows up on.

Slashlen

Since you should generally avoid using quartz for anything but pulls anyway, just treat them like packs of 3 quartz and pull using them like you would pull normally. If you're saving for a particular servant, save these as well. If you use your quartz right away, feel free to use these as well. Just treat it as a second reserve for quartz pulls.

The most important thing is to come up with your own rule for rolling. That's the best way to avoid disappointment.

I realized that there are some powerful CEs on rate-up in upcoming banners like Okeanos and Halloween, so I'm going to save some tickets for those even though I won't be rolling for the servants and would not use quartz on them.

Articalys

I've already wasted too many tickets. Kind of want to just blow the rest of them now and confirm I'll get nothing sooner rather than later.

Finally!! I'm done with these stupid drop rates!

I'm freeeee!!!!

For now at least...

And just in time too, got the exact amount of monuments to ascend Altera, enough for Emiya's 3rd or Orion's if I get lucky, a bunch of lancer pieces and monuments I can't use since I don't have mats for Liz, and so many saber pieces I can get UMU and d'eon to second when I get enough XP cards and still have leftovers.

Also cleared up my friends list like I said I would, so it's time for some self promotion :D

RSchmitz

I'm freeeee!!!!

For now at least...

And just in time too, got the exact amount of monuments to ascend Altera, enough for Emiya's 3rd or Orion's if I get lucky, a bunch of lancer pieces and monuments I can't use since I don't have mats for Liz, and so many saber pieces I can get UMU and d'eon to second when I get enough XP cards and still have leftovers.

Also cleared up my friends list like I said I would, so it's time for some self promotion :D

Thanks! ;)

Invite sent, I could use some more GAF members on my friends list as well. I'll have Altera to 80 soon!

My friend code:
951,357,399 :)
Sent you both a request. IGN is Schmitz.

Dezner

Hey guys! :eek:

I've been playing more and more lately, slowly but surely. Early on the battle system was pretty boring and way too slow to be enjoyable. But, as I've learned, there's a faster speed and I appreciate the rock-paper-scissors thing quite a bit now. I'm still only on the first singularity w/Jeanne so I'm not quite as far in the story as probably everyone else. >.> I've got a log-in streak of 49, so I don't think I've missed a day yet. :3

But, add me if you like! I've still got some spots to fill! 486,253,575 (In-game name: Shanoa!)

x-Lundz-x

I've been playing more and more lately, slowly but surely. Early on the battle system was pretty boring and way too slow to be enjoyable. But, as I've learned, there's a faster speed and I appreciate the rock-paper-scissors thing quite a bit now. I'm still only on the first singularity w/Jeanne so I'm not quite as far in the story as probably everyone else. >.> I've got a log-in streak of 49, so I don't think I've missed a day yet. :3

But, add me if you like! I've still got some spots to fill! 486,253,575 (In-game name: Shanoa!)

Did you send me an invite? If it I'll send one in a bit.
Sent you both a request. IGN is Schmitz.

I got it added thanks! Yay another waver support!!!

Baalzebup

Yo Lundz, I'd suggest you add CEs to your supports. All of them seem to be without one. For the supports, they don't have cost limits and they aren't removed from the pool you have for use for yourself.

T-Rex.

Banned
No idea what Otakon is, but I'm a big fan of these tickets we're getting.

Added.

x-Lundz-x

Yo Lundz, I'd suggest you add CEs to your supports. All of them seem to be without one. For the supports, they don't have cost limits and they aren't removed from the pool you have for use for yourself.
I have CE on altera and tamamano cat I need to add one to Liz.

But I did not know that so thanks!

Wow I had no idea the support CE was different than my main party CE, thank you!!!

T-Rex.

Banned
It's a weeb fest somewhere on the East Coast around here iirc (which I would totally try to go to if I had money to spare).
Ah, thanks. It seems like there's a convention or something every month which is cool cos of the free quartz and tickets!

Kenai

Ah, thanks. It seems like there's a convention or something every month which is cool cos of the free quartz and tickets!

Yea I just double checked, it's in one of the convention centers in DC and going on right now. I guess it's around this time every year (and yea there's way too many to keep track of).

I'm actually kind of hoping they do something to coincide with ACen in Chicago next May since I'll be going to that. Won't hold me breath tho.

chrono01

I'm freeeee!!!!

For now at least...

Tried adding you, all full. :(

Man I wish I could expand my list with SQ, I'd easily add another ten slots if I could.

Thanks! ;)

Invite sent, I could use some more GAF members on my friends list as well. I'll have Altera to 80 soon!

My friend code:
951,357,399 :)

I managed to free up a few slots on my Friend List (due to a couple in-actives) and added you two! Waver + Gilgamesh as of now, but hope to get another 5* soon. :/

Name is (unsurprisingly) Chrono, BTW.

LordPusha

Holy smokes random ticket and I get Artoria
(@_@;)

Got the 3rd Ascension for Lily and to get her from 60 to 70 I need about 80 4*EXP cards, that`s gonna take a while to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom