• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Sports Teams, and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnier

Banned
NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs - My grandfather was a leafs fan, my dad is a leafs fan, and I am a leafs fan it runs in my bloodline lol. Also fuck this shitty team.

NBA: Toronto Raptors - Been watching since the Vince Carter/Tracy McGrady era. Nice to see this team actually do good for the first time in about a decade since VC left. That Rudy Gay trade in 2013 was weird.

Those two are it. This was the third season I watched a bunch of NFL games throughout the season but don't have a team to cheer for in that sport.

SuperOrez

MLB: Mariners

NFL: Seahawks

I live in Nevada. 9ers fans everywhere.

Dad bought me a Mariners hat and showed me how awesome Ken Griffey Jr. is.
Been with Seattle since then.

Tawpgun

NFL: patriots - grew up in CT, people were either boston or New York team here. My family and I came from Poland so we didn't really do the football thing. Got invited to a Super Bowl party one year by our family friends. They were pats fans. That was the first time the pats won. Became a fan.

NHL: kinda happened because I go to college in Boston. My school has a good hockey team and no football so hockey is our main thing. Really liked it, picked up the Bruins.

EPL: Liverpool - my dad watches a lot of soccer and once when I was little I asked him what his favorite team was and he said Liverpool. That was that. He has an arsenal shirt now for some reason....

I also found out after I came to boston that liverpool was like a quasi boston team because of John Henry. Seems like fate.

Don't care about any other sport too much so loosely boston fan for any other.

Servbot24

Banned
Iowa_Hawkeyes3.jpg

Born in Iowa, grew up watching them for as long as I can remember.

I'll cheer for the Packers when they're having a good season, but otherwise I stick to college sports.

3N16MA

Banned
Yankees/Knicks: Long family connection in NYC, spent portion of my summers there growing up, lived there for a bit. My uncles love baseball and basketball while my dad is not a fan of either. Guess who had a greater influence on me when it came to sports?

Steelers/Penguins: Huge Mario fan as a kid and it helped that I once had family in the area. Being a Penguins fan came from being a fan of Mario. Being a Steelers fan was a bit of an extension from being a Penguins fan.

New York/Pittsburgh has me covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom