• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

No. He is a fucking coward to wait until they were so far out at sea.

I cannot wait until he dies horribly. He was cool until that moment though. And not letting them on was fine. But "stranding" them at sea a second time was inhumane and he is a cowardly shit.

Whatever you say.

Strand has made it perfectly clear that they add no one else to the boat's crew of survivors. Looking at this situation on its face She is a complete stranger with her own agenda and a clearly sick and dying compatriot. Nothing but dead weight.

Unbeknownst to the crew, she's also killed one guy for trying to take the sick guy out and possibly a second. Who's to say she won't do the same to our heroes?

Whether you like the character or not is inconsequential. There was absolutely no reason to take her on, and nobody else was listening to his broken record protest, so he waited until the opportune time to cut bait. Fuck her.

That woman they left behind was a 100x more competent survivor than most of their current group combined, though.

For all the praise that Strand gets, he didn't think this one through at all. He should at least vet people before throwing them out like garbage. She would have been a really valuable member of the crew. If surviving is so important to him, he should have thrown out Chris overboard and let Alex take over his room on the ship. lol

The only reason he hasn't thrown out Alicia or Chris yet is because it would infuriate their parents, and he needs the parents on his side so he can continue using them for their skills. Unfortunately for him, cutting that tow line seems to have pissed off Madison anyway, judging by her face at the end of the episode. She looked ready for war.

You guys are talking about mutiny every page yet think he should committee survivors? That's way more dumb than any character standing on a rock ledge.

Strand's character was basically ruined in that episode. It's almost pointless to consider what he was trying to accomplish there, because it's completely unrealistic and moronic.

Unless his next move is to like pull out that gun and take someone hostage to ensure no one tosses him overboard, there's nowhere they can go that I feel makes sense.

Maiorum

Just caught up. My biggest problem with this show is that I find none of the characters likable or interesting. I was into Strand for a bit, but I don't like the direction they're taking him in- they seem to be setting him up to be Shane of this series.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Blood in the Streets

A family in distress boards the Abigail; and Strand branches off as his past begins to emerge. Meanwhile, Nick searches for an associate of Strand's.

The episode was written by Kate Erickson (who is making her Fear the Walking Dead writing debut. She previously worked on the season two premiere as a story editor) and was directed by Michael Uppendahl (who is also making his Fear the Walking Dead debut. He has previously directed episodes of Scream Queens and American Horror Story).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Colman Domingo (Strand)
Yvette Nicole Brown (Community)

IvanJ

Banned
I fully support Strand in his decision to cut the Chinese woman loose. He doesn't know who or what she is, why risk his life (and his crew) on an off chance that she is a decent person.
However, maybe he would have taken her aboard if it were not the severely injured kid. But the kid carries a huge risk, and is a burden both emotionally and resource-wise. They just risked their life to scrounge a few antibiotics for Ophelia, now they need to spend them all on an unknown person who will most likely die anyway. Just to be humane? Humanity is dying, this right now is a very bad time for empathy.

And also, I support Strand's decision even more as I know something he does not: That she killed at least one man, and most likely more, in order to keep the kid alive. So killing a completely healthy and possibly very helpful member of the crew is not off the books.

I know this is not the last we see of the Chinese woman, and I think we will be seeing a lot more of her - in a role of a villain.

Top Bottom