• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

Aryanos

Banned
Just caught up. My biggest problem with this show is that I find none of the characters likable or interesting. I was into Strand for a bit, but I don't like the direction they're taking him in- they seem to be setting him up to be Shane of this series.

I agree, not one likeable person on the show and I won't care who dies. Hope kill off a lot of the original cast and bring in some better characters.

I enjoyed this episode a lot, huge improvement over the previous ones this season. I was very happy to see some of those invaders get what was coming to them once Nick and that guy showed up on the raft with the sniper rifle.

And it was great to see Strand get some character development! He's not just a cartoon character with a dumb voice anymore. Very interested in seeing where they take his character now. Also approve greatly of that kiss near the end. I could tell something like that was coming from the loving way he carried his beau to his bed after that drunk night out. Nice build-up to it.

Satisfying episode, I'm liking this show. I don't think I need it to do anything more than keep me entertained, and despite its issues, it has accomplished that.

Several characters have grown on me, so let's see if Alicia's going to end up being a dud or if she's manipulating Jack. This is her moment of redemption! lol

harSon

Banned
Gay black man on TV. That's a first isn't it?

There's tons?

Andre Braugher in Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Michael K. Williams in The Wire and Hap & Leonard. Nelsan Ellis in True Blood. Jussie Smollett in Empire. Mathew St. Patrick in Six Feet Under. Jarod Joseph in The 100.

My internet decided to crash right when Travis and Alicia were being bagged(using the twc tv app). Will have to finish it tomorrow when it's one demand. So annoyed,

xaosslug

what I find problematic about FTWD rn is that they are ALREADY facing human opposition, when (IMO, and judging by the name) the main problem should be the undead still. It's ridiculous to me that they already have tips & tricks from TWD that they didn't learn until, like, season 2 or 3 (the basting yourself w/ zombie guts to blend in) And it just feels like they're jumping the gun as far as zombies being an obstacle/problem.

i mean there should still be hope and people should still be helping each other w/ an us vs. the undead mentality.

what I find problematic about FTWD rn is that they are ALREADY facing human opposition, when (IMO, and judging by the name) the main problem should be the undead still. It's ridiculous to me that they already have tips & tricks from TWD that they didn't learn until, like, season 2 or 3 (the basting yourself w/ zombie guts to blend in) And it just feels like they're jumping the gun as far as zombies being an obstacle/problem.

i mean there should still be hope and people should still be helping each other w/ an us vs. the undead mentality.
They were using zombie guts in the second episode of Season 1 (aka the episode called Guts)

Pryce

Good episode! I liked the back story with Strand and that new guy can aim with the best of them. Glad they all got taken out.

IvanJ

Banned
Loved the episode, and the show as a whole. Maybe even more than TWD, this one simply has more characters to like and root for. Strand, Nick, Daniel... Even Alicia who seems like a quick learner, I think she will be a strong team member from here on. I expect her to brutally dispatch that Leonardo DiCaprio impersonator in the next couple of episodes.

Another week where the writers tease us with Chris' death. "Should I shoot? Should I shoot??"

It was nice to finally see Strand's character fleshed out and made more human. Pretty sure he's not going to want to stick around to go after Alicia and Travis though.

Strand and Nick are the only smart ones.

Nick is sometimes clever, but mostly he just has magical plot armor. I don't know whether Strand actually sent him to the house or not, but that stunt would've gotten him surrounded by walkers within five minutes on TWD.

Somnia

You know this show only takes place a couple months before the main show started and they discovered the guts trick as already mentioned in Episode 2. Also the way Nick figured it out was purely accidental and shocked him.

Razmos

There's tons?

Andre Braugher in Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Michael K. Williams in The Wire and Hap & Leonard. Nelsan Ellis in True Blood. Jussie Smollett in Empire. Mathew St. Patrick in Six Feet Under. Jarod Joseph in The 100.
Don't forget Titus Andromedon!
kimmy-schmidt-18-hate-crime-form.gif

Pretty decent episode, though I too am sad that this descended into "Humans are the true danger!" so quickly when I thought the show was supposed to put a bit of scariness back into the walkers.

Alicia was one of my favourite characters in the first season (which isn't saying much, admittedly) so I'm glad she's getting chance to shine here.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Don't forget Titus Andromedon!
kimmy-schmidt-18-hate-crime-form.gif

Pretty decent episode, though I too am sad that this descended into "Humans are the true danger!" so quickly when I thought the show was supposed to put a bit of scariness back into the walkers.

Alicia was one of my favourite characters in the first season (which isn't saying much, admittedly) so I'm glad she's getting chance to shine here.

Yeah I enjoyed the episode, got some backstory, some action, some tension - but the walkers are already an after-thought. Could just as easily be a straight up post-apocalyptic scenario and you wouldn't really lose anything.

RS4-

There's tons?

Strand gonna die soon. Black was cutting it close, but black AND gay. People gonna get mad.

Pretty good ep, except it continues with the 'things stupid people do.' Hey let's not hold them up at gunpoint and search 'em, blah blah.

pacman85

3 episodes left?! I thought this was going to be a bigger season?

And yay, more gay characters. :)
Isn't it just a midseason break?
Yeah, 3 more episodes AFTER next week until the mideseason break. 16 episode season, 8 now and then 8 later. If I had to guess, they will most likely have the full season finale (episode 16 of this season) be the Sunday before Walking Dead's next season starts up kinda like they had this season premiere be the week after Walking Dead's season finale.

Sadist

What a strange, strange series.

Felt they skipped scenes in this episode. Yes, the guy over the radio said "see you soon" against Alicia and Strand did throw of the party following the boat, still, it was pretty random. Nick appearing at night on the beach was random as fuck too. FTW is an absolute trainwreck, but is fascinating to analyze.

B3N1

Wow, what a great episode!

The music from when Nick gets on shore and throws the water bottle/kills the walker totally sounds familiar. Closest thing it resembles is AC Brotherhood's Master Assassin to me, but I definitely heard it in some multiplayer lobby. Am I the only one hearing this?

RS4-

Felt they skipped scenes in this episode. Yes, the guy over the radio said "see you soon" against Alicia and Strand did throw of the party following the boat, still, it was pretty random. Nick appearing at night on the beach was random as fuck too. FTW is an absolute trainwreck, but is fascinating to analyze.

When it started, I thought it'd be one of those x hours earlier type of things. Like Nick was on land only because he escaped Alicia's party crashers.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Really dug this episode. Alicia is definitely playing "Jack," the look in her eyes when she hugged him was cold as ice. She'll shank him when she gets the chance. Glad we got some much needed backstory on Strand as well. He makes a bit more sense as character now, especially the whole getting to Mexico thing.

The Fear The Walking Dead folks are way more dangerous than the mainline series people were in their second season. Especially now that they got Strand's boy with the sniper rifle. Nick making use of the knowledge that infected blood keeps them from attacking you right away, good to see them actually be competent in this episode.

someday

Banned
My only problem with this series now is that already, the walkers aren't much of the focus. I feel more dread watching Containment than I do FTWD. I have never cared for the "people are the real threat" idea in this zombie universe so while the main characters are getting much better, I'm definitely losing the little interest I had in the show.

We don't know if the boat they were evading earlier was the same group. The M.O. is different as well. These guys rolled up in raft and Trojan Horse'd in to taking over the ship pretty bloodlessly they even were making a point not to kill anyone till head dude showed up in a civilian boat. The other ship followed the destroyed yacht that was shot up and sunk by military grade weaponry.

Nick was sent ashore at night to hide that they were picking up the land dude on the way to Baja. Strand was presumably talking to him on the sat phone since they were underway and was talking about a rendezvous last ep as well. So the plot point was pretty well laid out if you were paying attention.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So no repercussions for cutting the last and kid loose from last episode? I expected to see some people confronting him.

More than likely Alex will somehow appear at some opportune time to help save Travis and Alicia, or something like that, maybe she got picked up by the hijackers already, and they'll confront Strand about that and whether he can or was going to even try to get them into Mexico, formally bringing her into the group.

Burn victim is totally dead though. Say Alicia's hijackers pick them both up at some point and they're in his crew at their camp. Burn boy is a liability, so one of them kills him to get rid of the dead weight. Her loyalties now shift and thus she has her motivation to help out Travis and Alicia escape or whatever despite them, well Strand, ditching her ass earlier.

Kaizer

Banned
Just saw the episode, damn that was good - best episode yet. Really loved getting more character development for Strand.

Daffy Duck

I'm not sure how I feel about this at all......yes the Strand development was good, but everything else.........I don't know..

Yeah... that episode mildly explains Strand's character, but not really.

It makes sense about why he's not taking on more people, because he knows he probably can't even get the number of people he has with him now to Mexico, so adding more would just make that eventual situation messier.

But he was still way too abrasive with it in the last episode and it still makes no sense that no one confronted him about it at all. Madison's "we need him, we need Mexico" stuff just seems like a weak justification.

someday

Banned
Communication would have been awesome. I hate drama that is only drama because characters that spend 24/7 together refuse to talk.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was maybe the best episode of the series thus far. Strand got some much needed (and somewhat surprising!) backstory, Nick's adventure was intriguing, and the plot on the boat was tense.

Is it me or are they always boats nearby at night, but none around during the daytime

I've noticed that too. Curious.

Pretty cool seeing my dude Jesse Mcartney on this episode. Roxas gained some weight.

That was Jesse McCartney?! :O

That moment where those two got sniped was amazing.

Yeah, Sniper Guy is a badass new addition to the cast.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Captive

Alicia works to reunite with her family; and Travis meets a familiar face. Meanwhile, Madison and Nick lead a charge to save their family against all odds.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Alycia Debnam-Carey (Alicia) and 2 surprise cast members!

Finally watched last week's episode on Friday. Definitely a better episode for this show. Although the sniping two people from a moving boat thing was a bit far-fetched.

Ovid

I watched this on Monday because of GoT.

I knew Alicia would fuck it up for everyone.

Also, I was not expecting that Strand twist.

Alicia better be manipulating this fuckface.
Depending on which way it goes, I'm gonna end up really liking her or finding her dumb as fuck.
I think she is.

The whole "you have to help my family" line was a ruse.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
New episode tonight!

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Alycia Debnam-Carey (Alicia) and 2 surprise cast members!

hmm. I'm guessing the people that Strand cut loose. Probably the guests on Talking Dead too.

Top Bottom