• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

THE MODS ARE IN THE RAFTERS

rafters.jpg

Cagey

Banned
So I'm watching on delay, and if this was pointed out earlier, then #repeat...

How does this Swagger gimmick make any sense?

- Hates illegal immigrants
- Hates illegal immigrants because they're poor worthless moochers
- Illegal immigrants usually Latino
- Wants to beat Alberto Del Rio because he's Mexican

Counterpoint:
- Alberto Del Rio is rich as fuck

Entire feud invalid?

I think Swagger's theme is officially my favorite current theme

+1. I joked to a friend that the brass-heavy part sounds like it'd be the national anthem of the ancient Roman Empire.

Omega

Banned

Counterpoint:

Entire feud invalid?

+1. I joked to a friend that the brass-heavy part sounds like it'd be the national anthem of the ancient Roman Empire.
it doesn't ruin the gimmick, just the feud

probably another case of vince not remembering so who cares

Counterpoint:

Entire feud invalid?

I think the idea is that Del Rio and his people only got rich because of stealing form 'Mericans.

Mark is amazing. I haven't seen him in person yet, but it seems like he gives a great experience when it comes to making you believe he is kicking ass and splitting wigs.

Edit: Miiverse was really on point with Raw tonight.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Counterpoint:

Entire feud invalid?

It's one of those things where they really just hate Mexican people, but claim they don't like "illegal immigrants".

Ozone

You know, after letting it sink in a bit, I think I will be alright with the new belt. It stands out and is unlike any other belt, and not in a bad way like the silver ECW Title was.

You know, after letting it sink in a bit, I think I will be alright with the new belt. It stands out and is unlike any other belt, and not in a bad way like the silver ECW Title was.

The only thing off about the last ECW belt was that it was silver. Otherwise I loved that belt design. Instead of an eagle it had a phoenix which I think was fitting of that last run of ECW.

Ozone

The only thing off about the last ECW belt was that it was silver. Otherwise I loved that belt design.
That's my point. At a glance, it automatically looked like a lower-tier belt because it was silver. Glancing at the new belt, the eye is automatically drawn to the big WWE logo made out of diamonds and rubies due to the black leather in the center. It gets the point across right away what it is, whereas the spinner belt was so busy looking.

My only complaint is I wish there was a bit more gold on the center plate. Like if the word "Champion" was in a brighter gold to stand out on the darker gold.

Cagey

Banned
It's one of those things where they really just hate Mexican people, but claim they don't like "illegal immigrants".

Oh I know, which is one of the main reasons why this gimmick/feud belongs in 1998 WWE, and not 2013 WWE. The roundabout way they need to explain who and what the faux Tea Party duo hates (we don't hate brown people, we hate illegal immigrants) winds up producing a huge flaw in the feud (ADR is rich as fuck) and requires a silly retcon that doesn't make a ton of sense anyway. A shame.

Granted, it's the sort of thinly veiled BS that happens in actual political discourse in the United States, but this is pro wrestling. You want heat, you gotta be more obvious.

Sadly, Swagger's gimmick solely exists to put over Del Rio.

Could they really do anything with him afterwards?

Zeb threatens to put Epico and Primo back on a boat and cast them adrift?

That's my point. At a glance, it automatically looked like a lower-tier belt because it was silver. Glancing at the new belt, the eye is automatically drawn to the big WWE logo made out of diamonds and rubies due to the black leather in the center. It gets the point across right away what it is, whereas the spinner belt was so busy looking.

My only complaint is I wish there was a bit more gold on the center plate.

Well, by the time the belt changed it was a lower-tier belt. Certainly not to be mistaken for the WHC and WWE titles in terms of importance to the company.

But I loved a lot of things about the last few months of ECW so maybe I'm biased. From what I hear, current NXT has the same flavor of WWECW so I should start watching that.
tumblr_m3d9zf7daf1r0d6q2o1_500.png

RIP

Ozone

Well, by the time the belt changed it was a lower-tier belt. Certainly not to be mistaken for the WHC and WWE titles in terms of importance to the company.

But I loved a lot of things about the last few months of ECW so maybe I'm biased. From what I hear, current NXT has the same flavor of WWECW so I should start watching that.
I can't recommend NXT enough. It seriously is the best weekly show the WWE produces right now. Plus Big E is the champion.

Top Bottom