• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Gimme the rundown, GAF. Did I miss anything tonight?

The Shield had their first match on raw, against Sheamus, Ryback, and Jericho. They won. It was good.

John Cena will face CM Punk next week with his Wrestlemania title shot on the line.

The Rock debuted a new WWE title and tossed out the spinner. Pictures are on the last page.

McNei1y

Dwayne-Johnson-The-Rundown.jpg

Fantastic movie.

The belt looks pretty good... but where the hell is the nameplate gonna go... and are those bulls gonna stay on it forever? lol

Also, Maryse... got damn.

Nebula

Replaceable plaques confirmed.

Guaranteed they will be selling the plaques at 75 bucks a pair.

You can even see the screws where you'll be able to remove and replace them.

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!

I'm hugely OCDing over the screws right now. Why are they not straight? Why are they turned different amounts?

Ithil

Punk said long ago at a Q&A that he'd seen the new design, and wasn't sure if he liked it all that much more (apparently it's just as heavy as the spinner, which was already unusually heavy), but still wanted it debuted fast. It's a bit ridiculous that he and seemingly Cena/Rock/etc had zero input on the title design.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Fantastic movie.

The belt looks pretty good... but where the hell is the nameplate gonna go... and are those bulls gonna stay on it forever? lol

There is no nameplate.

The logos on the side are replaceable and will take the place of the nameplate. The wrestler currently holding the title will have their logo on the belt.

If you look at the link above, they're already selling a replica belt, and that belt clearly has screws for you to remove the side logos and replace them with other logos. They haven't started selling the other logos yet.

Ithil

hope they don't feel pressured and end this too soon. i wasn't watching WWE during the time but I see people mentioning Hassan, dont want it to end up like that

What are they going to do? Really? "Help these villains on this TV show are being villainous!"? WWE just needs to plow on and do what they like, ignore the oversensitive folks.

seems so would be expensive to make a new belt for each champ

Well it should cut down on hotshotting the title belt. They'll have to really consider if they want a new champion, since they'll be expected to have the new belt with new plates the next night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So using racism and xenophobia to make people hate a bad guy is a bad thing? It's only offensive when the gimmick is an American character doing it rather than a 'evil foreigner'?

Ithil

They look like they'd screw into place.

GREAT.

Then they can sell plate-sets for $20 at kmart for the $40 belt. Genius money-making move.

I think he means more that every new champ needs a new design. That includes all previous WWE champs too, anyone from now on who wins it will require all new sideplates.

Omega

Banned
Youtube the Shield match, look at pictures of the new belt, and you're set. Raw was all filler tonight
isn't this the case every Monday? I tune in to see Punk, hope Ziggler doesn't get buried too hard and Mark Henry/Shield appearance. Although if Mark is feuding with Khali he will be removed from that list

ghostmind

It's going to be kind of cool to see what they come up for sideplates for future champs. I expect someone in the fan community will gin up a bunch of imagined plates for previous champs as well soon.

McNei1y

Gimme the rundown, GAF. Did I miss anything tonight?

Youtube the Shield match, look at pictures of the new belt, and you're set. Raw was all filler tonight

I liked tonight's raw. Very good matches I thought. Swagger/Bryan, Shield match, Ziggler/Del Rio, Mark Henry doing what he does... The new belt.

There were some pointless things, like the Cena/Punk match for next week, Khali coming out after Mark Henry match (please tell me there not setting something up there), Barrett showing his trailer (although I hope he's feuding with Sheamus soon), and funkatensai stuff.

Ithil

anyone hava a ballaprk figure for how much the belt cost to make? that is a shit load of diamonds. plus these belt sare pretty heavy.

I think most of their belts, especially the Spinner, cost at least 3000 dollars to make, but I might be wrong on that. That's the main one that everyone carries around (apart from house shows, they carry a replica there). When a wrestler loses the belt for the first time, they're allowed get a high quality replica worth part of that, with their name plate, at a reduced price, if they wish it.

Fun fact, the Million Dollar Championship cost about 30,000 dollars, back in the 80s, thanks to the endless gems in it.

Nebula

Problem with this whole sideplate thing though. Like the belt, a company will have to make them, and the odds of them leaking is pretty damn high. I can see every champ being spoiled ahead of the win.

McNei1y

Problem with this whole sideplate thing though. Like the belt, a company will have to make them, and the odds of them leaking is pretty damn high. I can see every champ being spoiled ahead of the win.

That's a good point. But they could also just make a logo for every member of the roster and release them at once lol. That's pretty expensive though.

Nebula

That's a good point. But they could also just make a logo for every member of the roster and release them at once lol. That's pretty expensive though.

That's the only way I can see it happening, unless they monitor whoever makes the new side plates 24/7 until it debuts on the show.

Top Bottom