• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Sephzilla

Man, I'm not the biggest Ambrose fan but it's kind of disgraceful that there's legitimate talk going around that he might be wrestling in a battle royal at best or wrestling on the pre-show at worst.

Potentially going from WWE Champ to pre-show in basically a half year period is a pretty massive fall from grace. Maybe people backstage are finally starting to notice that Ambrose has been slacking.

klonere

Banned
Man, I'm not the biggest Ambrose fan but it's kind of disgraceful that there's legitimate talk going around that he might be wrestling in a battle royal at best or wrestling on the pre-show at worst.

> work the most matches of anybody on the entire roster
> no singles Mania match

Full Match - Joe Coffey VS Kurt Angle

ICW uploaded the main event of their Hydro show.

Simon Cassidy is a great announcer, didn't feel out of place at all in that building. Probably my favourite ring announcer currently (Greg Hamilton is pretty good too).

Buzzing for the Square Go in Sunday, will be interesting to see how it goes, will probably do a big post of it on Saturday.

Sephzilla

AJ Lee was always too good for the WWE. We didn't deserve her.

...she really wasn't that good of a wrestler though. her strengths were character and mic work.

I think she actually left at a good time. Her image was mostly preserved. If she stuck around for the new crop of talent, they'd all run circles around AJ

> work the most matches of anybody on the entire roster
> no singles Mania match
A lot of the belts are looking at aiming for pre-show unless the show is gonna turn out super long. Right now both tag belts, the Smackdown women's belt, IC title and Cruiserweight title have no absolute matches set for Wrestlemania or hell even rumors.

Potentially going from WWE Champ to pre-show in basically a half year period is a pretty massive fall from grace. Maybe people backstage are finally starting to notice that Ambrose has been slacking.
Gotta have that pre-show Corbin match now.

korly

Fave Five Wrasslebooks:

19541713.jpg

JourneyIntoDarkness.jpg

book_cover.jpg

%7BB8C34F4C-38D1-4E1F-8120-F58FFBCD7B65%7DImg400.jpg

51CTeRFgobL._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Pollock suggesting a Hair vs Mask match between Ziggler and Kalisto. That'd be pretty awesome if we hadn't seen that match-up a million times already.

I think they must notice. I know it doesn't hurt his standing with the casual fans, but I think he's hit a wall of how high he can go until he - as Stone Cold told him - picks his game up. Everything he does looks so sloppy now.

And the lunatic lariat? The worst move in the company. It always looks awful, forced, doesnt get the momentum it needs to look good, and making it happen - with dean looking behind him to make sure he doesn't fuck it up - is just seemingly a nightmare to implement.

Raw64life

Didn't some of you jerks make fun of the title Crazy is My Superpower? I bet you feel like a real dickbutt now. Unless you're a sociopath.

I didn't even know she had a book coming out. The only thing I ever made fun of her about was her wrestling ability, which was always awful and propped up by marks fawning over her.

Zach

I didn't even know she had a book coming out. The only thing I ever made fun of her about was her wrestling ability, which was always awful and propped up by marks fawning over her.
No, you said the book was stupid and those suffering from mental illness should, and I quote, "get a life."

I remember it like it was yesterday, Raw64life.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Depends on the injury I guess. Wouldn't want him going too hard too quick and injuring himself even worse.

It's HHH, not AJ Styles, he doesn't have to do anything but a basic match, hell make it No DQ and make the match just Haitch getting bodied with chairs or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

There's only so many spots on the card, and we gotta make room for the AJ/Shane match!

I honestly think the best thing they could do would be to just promote Nakamura and put him up against AJ Styles. Fuck it.

So I'm watching Terriers again because it's the best and Donal Logue always reminds me of Triple H. >_>

You're a good guy with impeccable taste, Zach. Terriers is top-tier television, despite the awful name and marketing at the time.

Hate that it only had one season, but that's a damn-near perfect season. I need to rewatch it.

What's up with Amber Moon?

She looks like a Mortal Kombat character, acts like a Bayleyesque babyface, and has colored contacts worse than Reigns. And her awesome finisher is going to turn her hips to dust before she's 30.

Fave 5 Wrassle Books:

1. Lou Thesz - Hooker
2. JJ Dillon - Wrestlers Are Like Seagulls
3. The Destroyer - Masked Decisions
4. Gary Hart - My Life in Wrestling
5. Stan Hansen - The Last Outlaw

Toki767

Cory Graves talking about Elias Samson on commentary is going to be missed.

Cory Graves: I guess if you look at it that way, it could be the most positive moment in my career. I'll never have to do this again.
Tom Philips: You might.
Cory Graves: No I won't, Tom. Let's be honest. I know things.

That line was incredible.

We'll probably never get him fawning over Eva Marie/Mandy Rose again either though.

Kaladin

Fave 5 Wrassle Books:

1. Lou Thesz - Hooker
2. JJ Dillon - Wrestlers Are Like Seagulls
3. The Destroyer - Masked Decisions
4. Gary Hart - My Life in Wrestling
5. Stan Hansen - The Last Outlaw

Haven't heard of any of these outside of the Hansen book....and that's only in passing. Are any of these still in print?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
AJ Lee being bipolar probably explains why she was never fired for lashing out at Beadle.

That actually makes a lot of sense, and it explains why people thought Punk and her wouldn't last - Punk's stubbornness is probably a fantastic counter-balance to AJ's condition. I thought Beadle seemed to get over it fairly quickly, I wonder if Punk pulled her aside a few weeks after the fact and explained what was going on with AJ

...she really wasn't that good of a wrestler though. her strengths were character and mic work.

I think she actually left at a good time. Her image was mostly preserved. If she stuck around for the new crop of talent, they'd all run circles around AJ

As much as I adore AJ, definitely true. Even Nikki / Natty / Naomi have upped their games to the point where AJ would be hard pressed to keep up (assuming she did not up her game as well, which she definitely could have).

As for Ambrose - I am pretty sure like 6 months ago everyone was mad at him for not being pushed, a year ago everyone thought he was the next megastar and WWE was dumb for not pushing him, and now everyone is sorta meh on him, and he hasn't changed in the slightest. Think it worked out they didn't end up keeping the rocketship on him.

Kaladin

Cory Graves: I guess if you look at it that way, it could be the most positive moment in my career. I'll never have to do this again.

We'll probably never get him fawning over Eva Marie/Mandy Rose again either though.

Cory Graves is the best heel comentator WWE has had since Jerry Lawler when he was good.

Angry Grimace

Honestly, I've come around on Samson. His gimmick is gimmicky as fuck but its also hilarious as hell.

Top Bottom