• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

hamchan

Sheamus using his Beats of the Bodhran on Roman wearing his kevlar vest was something I found pretty hilarious. Roman will never look strong to me while he keeps wearing that armour.

I think the "fat samoan genes" thing is overblown

tumblr_nzegafMrZ61v04h1go1_250.gif

By the way, if you google image search "Roman Reigns shirtless" one of the first results is really, really disturbing, and if I post it here we will get shut down again.
Why did you post that gif of Bo Dallas?

I think the "fat samoan genes" thing is overblown

tumblr_nzegafMrZ61v04h1go1_250.gif

By the way, if you google image search "Roman Reigns shirtless" one of the first results is really, really disturbing, and if I post it here we will get shut down again.

Jim Ross said that when Reigns was playing for Georgia Tech, he was over 300 pounds and he was told he had to get in shape. I think they can get into shape, but the Samoans are definitely had a genetic disadvantage.

Kimawolf

So, Daniel Bryant is supposed to be at World of Wheels this Friday. They are still even advertising him as being their. THink he will show up?

According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE’s potential show for lightweight wrestlers and unknown talents is ready to move forward. The Observer says the Network show is “enough of a go” that a schedule was sent out to those in the production department.

The show is rumored to focus on talents 205 pounds and lighter, and a ten episode series would feature a tournament format featuring “unknown” wrestlers that haven’t been on WWE programs before. Additionally, another show was pitched that would see indy talents make up the show’s roster, with the most over people on the show getting WWE deals at the conclusion.
How many of you are trying to sign up for this show? I believe we can all help each other up so that one or two of us can at least make it to the big leagues.

Carnby

I'm not talking about Roman if Roman is "pretty good." I'm talking about him being the fucking man. Which he never will be.

Watch the opening of this epiosode of Sunny. Imagine I'm Denise you Roman supporters are the gang.

https://youtu.be/OTqL14T7I8M

Tagyhag

Why can't WWE just accept Roman doesn't have the "it" factor. He has a fat gut hidden by Big Bossman's gimmick, but not as over as Big Bossman. Roman will never be the man. But WWE will die trying. Challenge accepted.

Does Roman really have a gut? I feel like I've seen a picture in the last few months and while he wasn't ripped, he didn't have a gut.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Is it just me, or is the network pretty terrible for mid-80s stuff? I wanted to watch some stuff from Macho Mans early days, but there is basically nothing from him in 85 there, even though he joined in june that year. Or am i just stupid and cant find it?

somedevil

From Meltzer:

"Danielson's last seizure was four years ago."

This was his response from the Sheamus vs Bryan footage.

What worried him the most on the result was that damage was still there after 8 months off. The WWE never asked him to retire and scheduled more tests. This was all his choice.

edit: From John Pollock who watched Smackdown:

On Smackdown tonight, there is a Wyatt Family video and they use the "Evil Ways" song that A.J. Styles used at the end of his TNA run

Spoiler alert for U.S. - Smackdown is really good this week, thought it was the best episode since they moved to USA last month

And "Ushigoroshi" is dropped during the Smackdown broadcast this week as well

Plus great graphic as well:

Cagey

Banned
Baron Corbin is quickly reaching Tyler Breeze "career NXT" perception with me. When he's on the main roster I will only see him as "guy from NXT". Not good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Baron Corbin is quickly reaching Tyler Breeze "career NXT" perception with me. When he's on the main roster I will only see him as "guy from NXT". Not good.

Things I like about Baron Corbin.

Has a dope finisher.

Everything else...eeeh?

Tyler Breeze I love unironically.

Someone else is jumping to mma

A current WWE star is fairly strongly considering MMA when his contract expires. To me, once you get past about 27, even if you are a top level athlete (and Brock Lesnar’s don’t grow on trees), MMA isn’t the way to go as a career if you can still do WWE. It’s one thing if you’re already rich and it’s a bucket list thing like with Dave Bautista or Punk, but not for a regular guy looking to switch careers. If it’s one of the Gerald Brisco developmental guys, and there are a lot of them, who aren’t making money in NXT, then the equation is different than for a main roster regular

UberTag

A certain someone was pitching "real hard backstage" for a match with Undertaker at WrestleMania. He's been told it "isn't happening".

Is Owens under nuclear heat or something? Dude is the best they've got, including those injured.
They think higher of Braun Strowman. That should tell you all you need to know.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
What happened to Tyler Breeze? Lasted two months and is never on any TV.

Also where is Fandango?

Thanks for the insightful feedback. Always appreciated.

Damien Sandow is another not being used.

He's hit his ceiling. There's only so much you can do with that gimmick. I'm sure he's happy with the pay checks. Just cause guys are good and get called up doesn't mean they are going to be on tv every week or pushed.

lupin23rd

Bullet Club (Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson & Kenny Omega) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
-A set-up match for Omega vs. Tanahashi, and I really hope Omega is able to tone his goofiness down now that he's being pushed up the ladder. Bullet Club wins to get some heat on Omega even as Gallows and Anderson head out the door.

I was kind of hoping we'd see Omega kick those two chumps out of Bullet Club tonight since they are leaving, but I guess they're around for the next New Beginning Event aren't they?

Caspel

He's hit his ceiling. There's only so much you can do with that gimmick. I'm sure he's happy with the pay checks. Just cause guys are good and get called up doesn't mean they are going to be on tv every week or pushed.

Not saying he should be getting a good amount of TV time, but if anything, there are 3 hours of TV time on Raw and 2 on Smackdown -- 5 hours and there are complaints about limited roster for Smackdown in recent times with a lot of their top superstars injured. Would be a good time to give guys like Breeze, Sandow, and Fandango, all who have had a good small fanbase each that went viral for awhile, to get a foot back in the race to the midcard. No one is asking for Owens/Ziggler match #10 in a month, so might as well use other talent to keep their roster fresh to avoid overusing top talent and risking injury.

Is it just me, or is the network pretty terrible for mid-80s stuff? I wanted to watch some stuff from Macho Mans early days, but there is basically nothing from him in 85 there, even though he joined in june that year. Or am i just stupid and cant find it?
Those are stealth additions to network.

Not saying he should be getting a good amount of TV time, but if anything, there are 3 hours of TV time on Raw and 2 on Smackdown -- 5 hours and there are complaints about limited roster for Smackdown in recent times with a lot of their top superstars injured. .

Wait till you hear about how tomorrow's SD, with half the roster on their way to Germany, had Jericho and Styles in a combined 5 segments, including 3 matches (one of which was half an hour long)

Caspel

Wait till you hear about how tomorrow's SD, with half the roster on their way to Germany, had Jericho and Styles in a combined 5 segments, including 3 matches (one of which was half an hour long)

Hah! I hope it benefits Styles in the long run, but Smackdown doesn't mean much anymore =/

Top Bottom