• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

cLOUDo

Oh my God. That is amazing.

Also, just one person said it was about race.

And yes, Roman probably would have gotten away with it. A sad fact.

one takes Vince's arm
probably to comfort him about being sad about Bryan's retirement
..... is suspended

the other one punches him in the face.... becomes the WWE Champion

TheFuzz

Let's cross people off the list:

Cena - Injured
HHH - Never again
Sting - Injured
Wyatt - Nope
Brock - Nope (Though I'd like it)

Kane makes zero sense given the current build for Taker. HBK would be hilarious, but that's not happening. Same with Stone Cold. Jeff Hardy might have worked if he hadn't signed back up with TNA.

It's going to be someone.

I'll say it again, logically it should be Roman. Have Ambrose face Triple H.

Or do Taker/Brock v Wyatt family HIAC. Have Wyatt pin Brock.

miserable

Let's cross people off the list:

Cena - Injured
HHH - Never again
Sting - Injured
Wyatt - Nope
Brock - Nope (Though I'd like it)

Kane makes zero sense given the current build for Taker. HBK would be hilarious, but that's not happening. Same with Stone Cold. Jeff Hardy might have worked if he hadn't signed back up with TNA.

It's going to be someone.

Kirk Angel, but with special rules: no suplexes, no backdrops, no moonsaults, no tombstones, no kicks or punches to the head.
chops, low kicks, basic takedowns, armbars and select few submissions are allowed.
basically, a gogoplata vs ankle lock match

Raw64life

The Undertaker opponent problem is reason #3894798 why 50/50 booking sucks. No one looks strong enough to be seen as a credible threat to Taker. Owens or basically anyone in the League of Nations could've been good if any of those guys were being booked correctly recently. You can't have guys jobbing to Kalisto and then challenging the Undertaker to a Mania match.

Owens would definitely pull off a good match with Taker but yeah... the big problem is everyone in the mid card has been stuck in 50/50 hell for ages. No one is a standing out above the pack and any feud will kind of come out of nowhere.

For a taker mania feud ideally you want a guy who has been on a bit of a roll.

I mean at this stage I would say just do Taker versus Kane for fun with a dumb gimmick. Let Kane go out on the big stage

Ithil

So I think Bryan could have hella clarified his statement about seizures when he was on ESPN, because people seem to have gotten the wrong idea (and immediately leaped upon it of course) and thought that he meant he was hiding them from doctors recently.
He had his last seizure over four years ago, and he never hid them from his doctors, he meant he hid them from the public and media (not even mentioning them in his book for instance).

Have a feeling there won't be any "retractions" by certain people however.

BFIB

The Undertaker opponent problem is reason #3894798 why 50/50 booking sucks. No one looks strong enough to be seen as a credible threat to Taker. Owens or basically anyone in the League of Nations could've been good if any of those guys were being booked correctly recently. You can't have guys jobbing to Kalisto and then challenging the Undertaker to a Mania match.

I'll be the one to say it. I'm done w/ 'Taker. Dude has given it all, its time to let it go. Streak is over, you only wrestle once a year.

But fuck WWE if Owens is willing to go toe to toe w/ Taker and they don't let him. Welcome to the glass ceiling Owens!

jmdajr

This is real?

edit: Yup

also real , since I missed it a few pages back.

33e2e640_o.png

DMczaf

Meltzer is saying AJ Styles has been the most over guy at every house show thus far. That's with families and kids who don't know about NJPW or TNA

Fox318

Meltzer is saying AJ Styles has been the most over guy at every house show thus far. That's with families and kids who don't know about NJPW or TNA

goes to show that WWE can't get anyone over.

Its why guys like Brock and Y2J are over at house shows.

Its because they don't have a history with WWE creative.

I was thinking about starting a chronological wwe ppv rewatch (I do a lot of cardio and Netflix is pretty slim pickings). Is all the older wwf stuff up? I feel like it's missing some survivor series

Just finished watching New Beginning in Osaka. Overall, a pretty good show.

-
Tonga/Yujiro/Fale won the six man titles, which they probably should have all along. Nice that Tonga got the pin. Since the two teams will meet again in a non-title match in Niigata expect the feud to continue, although expect to eventually see the Briscoes go for the IWGP tag titles

-
AND HERE GOES THE HOTSHOTTING OF THE JR. TAG TITLES AGAIN! Putting them on Ricosydal is a surprise given Ricochet's schedule, but it finally leads them vs. reDRagon which is what it should have been all along. Also, I can see the Bucks moving to the Heavyweight tag titles too, especially given their position as "The Elite" with Omega.

-
Shibata retains in another sick as hell match. Who will be his next challenger? We'll get to that.

-
Okada retains against Goto, but interestingly enough, offered him a spot in CHAOS after the match, which Goto mulled over. I expect he will turn on Shibata in Niigata in the six-man they are involved in, and become his new NEVER title challenger. Goto is a good pick to take on the Nakamura role, he obviously doesn't have his charisma, but he's a good enough wrestler that he can go for the secondary belts (IC and NEVER)

shanafan

So do we know what has been finalized for Wrestlemania?

Looks like Reigns/HHH and 'brose/Brock is likely etched in stone.

Who does Owens face? AJ perhaps?

th

Nothing is etched in stone at this point. Nothing confirmed, everything rumored has been shot down or could be considered misleading.

The only tangible match that was being considered was Undertaker vs Braun, as well as Undertaker vs Cena before he got hurt.

Fox318

Eh, I don't count those non-canon PPVs. They were glorified house shows.

The Global Warming one may have been what shaped Brock into being a main eventer.

They didn't tell him anything about what was going to happen in the match.

Trial by fire.

miserable

th

Nothing is etched in stone at this point. Nothing confirmed, everything rumored has been shot down or could be considered misleading.

The only tangible match that was being considered was Undertaker vs Braun, as well as Undertaker vs Cena before he got hurt.

you're wrong. Roman going over is etched in stone. Balee dat

Top Bottom