• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

20160210luchaunderground_3.gif

20160210luchaunderground_4.gif

This week we leaned Aerostar is also a time traveler

The match at the end. I'm like WTF?

somedevil

Wait till you hear about how tomorrow's SD, with half the roster on their way to Germany, had Jericho and Styles in a combined 5 segments, including 3 matches (one of which was half an hour long)

Tyler Breeze is on the Germany tour and it seems Smackdown was very good according to John Pollock who watched it:

Spoiler alert for U.S. - Smackdown is really good this week, thought it was the best episode since they moved to USA last month

UberTag

Not saying he should be getting a good amount of TV time, but if anything, there are 3 hours of TV time on Raw and 2 on Smackdown -- 5 hours and there are complaints about limited roster for Smackdown in recent times with a lot of their top superstars injured. Would be a good time to give guys like Breeze, Sandow, and Fandango, all who have had a good small fanbase each that went viral for awhile, to get a foot back in the race to the midcard. No one is asking for Owens/Ziggler match #10 in a month, so might as well use other talent to keep their roster fresh to avoid overusing top talent and risking injury.
848096.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Vince needs to get his hands out of his ass. Owen could carry Taker to a great Mania match and also carry the feud without him being on Raw constantly. Give the guy his moment as I'm sure Taker wouldn't mind. Who the hell else do they have at the moment? Unless they feed Taker Ryback just because he's big.
It's because there's no reason or benefit for Owens to fight the Undertaker and no shit some dude who has spent decades on the indies and has never worked Mania wants to work with Undertaker at WM before he retires. If you aren't lobbying to get that match you probably don't care about wrestling. Them not giving him that match is indicative of literally nothing.

The concept that Owens has nuclear heat is hilarious to me, though. Yes, he has huge heat on him but they're giving him big matches at every PPV, runs with titles and called him up from NXT within like 7 months because they hate him. Gimme a break.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The 50/50 club sucks I agree but there's just literally no other way to make a Ziggler/Owens feud seem worth time since Ziggler has been a jobber to the stars recently and it seems like they want to avoid WM being full of rematches this year.

Angry Grimace

I legit think it's because they're avoiding rematches at WM so they aren't setting any of those up yet. Pretty much none of the current matches at Fastlane seem likely to carry through to WM.

UberTag

The 50/50 club sucks I agree but there's just literally no other way to make a Ziggler/Owens feud seem worth time since Ziggler has been a jobber to the stars recently and it seems like they want to avoid WM being full of rematches this year.
I'll back you up on it being lunacy that Owens has nuclear heat (I wasn't kidding about Strowman, though) but I'll raise issue with this because it exonerates the Creative team. There are countless ways you can make a Ziggler/Owens feud mean something... most of which involve them cutting promos on one another and building up a logical progression of the feud from beginning to end in a way that means something and actually builds one guy or the other guy.

Hell, I don't even care if you bury Owens and have him lose every match if it's in service of building Ziggler. Just build SOMEBODY.
The fact that they refuse to do that is what people find infuriating about 50/50 booking... not that "their guy" is losing half the time.

Like I always said, should've gave the IC strap to Owens so his useless feud with Ziggler where no one gets over can have at least one focus on.

It's because there's no reason or benefit for Owens to fight the Undertaker and no shit some dude who has spent decades on the indies and has never worked Mania wants to work with Undertaker at WM before he retires. If you aren't lobbying to get that match you probably don't care about wrestling. Them not giving him that match is indicative of literally nothing.

The concept that Owens has nuclear heat is hilarious to me, though. Yes, he has huge heat on him but they're giving him big matches at every PPV, runs with titles and called him up from NXT within like 7 months because they hate him. Gimme a break.
But who else faces Taker at Mania?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Our wonderful array of options include...
- A miraculous recovery from one John Cena
- Kane
- Somebody from the League of Nations

Let's cross people off the list:

Cena - Injured
HHH - Never again
Sting - Injured
Wyatt - Nope
Brock - Nope (Though I'd like it)

Kane makes zero sense given the current build for Taker. HBK would be hilarious, but that's not happening. Same with Stone Cold. Jeff Hardy might have worked if he hadn't signed back up with TNA.

It's going to be someone.

UberTag

ADR is the only person they could work now.
The thing about ADR that makes him terribly unlikely is that they like to protect potential Undertaker opponents by building them up beforehand (like they did with Bray last year). Having him lose a feud against one of the Lucha Dragons hardly amounts to a build.

I honestly believe they're holding out for Cena. Which probably sucks for John... but hey, this Mania needs something to get excited about, right? It sure as hell isn't going to be Triple H vs. Roman no matter how many Austins, Dwaynes and Rouseys they throw into that match.

KissVibes

Banned
What if they just had thirty men fight The Undertaker all at once?

Finish his record at 52-1

What if you had THE NEW DAY fight The Undertaker?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe someone like a Samoa Joe.

I still like Finn Balor's Abs though but they probably would have called him up earlier if they were going that way. Sting might have been fun. Cena would have been great.

Maybe Rollins is back by then after getting some Cena juice in him, get him to dress in white.

I like that "give the old man a year off because the roster's fucked" is the only option people flatout won't consider in their fantasy booking because everyone else got overworked to death, why shouldn't Taker

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like that "give the old man a year off because the roster's fucked" is the only option people flatout won't consider in their fantasy booking because everyone else got overworked to death, why shouldn't Taker

I've thought about it a lot but this is the Texas WM, might be his last, he's been wrestling every few months since last mania and looked pretty damn good doing it. It would be hilarious if they decide to keep him off, a healthy scratch if you will, because there just isn't anyone worth putting him against.

if Taker wants or needs a year off he doesn't need WWE's permission. Presumably he wants to be there because A) it's in his home state and B) he's 50 and might not have many Mania's left.

Taker's still got like 4 Manias left in him, and the fact that everybody including Dave is and has been operating for months like this is nowhere near his last Mania should be telling of that

He already missed out on a Sting match. If he misses out on a Cena match, he'll just say fuck it and go until either his legs or back won't let him anymore. Nobody would blame him for taking or getting one off

LycanXIII

I have to say, Carmella has impressed me with her in-ring improvement since she debuted. Was an enjoyable send off match between the two friends before she gets called up with Enzo and Cass.

WWE's statement to the NY Post regarding Titus

O'Neil had nothing to do with race and everything to do with unprofessional conduct," WWE told the Post in a statement. They added that Titus "acknowledged the gravity of his mistake" in a text message, writing:

"I feel like s--t now so if you have to let me go, I understand. Stupid mistake."

Browny

Banned
Oh my God. That is amazing.

Also, just one person said it was about race.

And yes, Roman probably would have gotten away with it. A sad fact.

They aren't reducing it from 60 significantly. Either they'll stick with 60, take it down to 54 (a day after Mania), or negate it entirely and quietly release him 52 (a day before Mania) when the heat's died down

miserable

They aren't reducing it from 60 significantly. Either they'll stick with 60, take it down to 54 (a day after Mania), or negate it entirely and quietly release him 52 (a day before Mania) when the heat's died down

maybe they'll have a "performance evaluation" on the Raw before Mania to see if he's worthy of appearing at WM where they will make him perfom various tasks suited for a fine black man, like making him carry Michael Hayes' bags, a fried chicken eating contest, or a dance-off all while Cole laughs and yells "look at Titus, he sure likes to have FUN"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember when HHH said "you people can't win"

And then he went the fuck over

Good times

Remember when HHH would apparently call Roberto Rodriguez 'Bumblebee' because he was fat and Mexican?

Remember when Alberto was the victim of discrimination and he was the one fired for it?

Do you remember?

Pikma

Banned
maybe they'll have a "performance evaluation" on the Raw before Mania to see if he's worthy of appearing at WM where they will make him perfom various tasks suited for a fine black man, like making him carry Michael Hayes' bags, a fried chicken eating contest, or a dance-off all while Cole laughs and yells "look at Titus, he sure likes to have FUN"
I know we're supposed to make fun of them for being the racist fuckers they are but I find this offensive, even if it's a joke.

Remember when HHH would apparently call Roberto Rodriguez 'Bumblebee' because he was fat and Mexican?

Remember when Alberto was the victim of discrimination and he was the one fired for it?

Do you remember?

But no I'm sure HHH and Vince aren't racist at allllllllllllllllllllllllol let's give them the benefit of the doubt forever NXT NXT NXT :p

You can trust him to do what's best for the fans, after all. Remember that time Punk gave a promo everyone talked about and a match everyone wanted to rewatch for years against Cena at MITB and left with the belt???

Oh wait that's right, it ended with:
Him coming back after a week or two
Rey winning a pointless tournament and having a pointless reign that didn't even last a day
Cena having a pointless reign that didn't even last a month
And culminating in a match between HHH and Kevin Nash

0Z129aT.gif

Honestly as pissed off as people are/should be at that whole debacle, it was genuinely impressive how much HHH and Vince fucked up absolutely all of that. Perfect promo, perfect match, perfect finale, and all they needed to do was stick the landing on the epilogue. But they fucked up every single step of it

UberTag

Honestly as pissed off as people are/should be at that whole debacle, it was genuinely impressive how much HHH and Vince fucked up absolutely all of that. Perfect promo, perfect match, perfect finale, and all they needed to do was stick the landing on the epilogue. But they fucked up every single step of it
The important thing to realize is that we got a glorious feud between Triple H and Kevin Nash that we were all craving for that culminated with a sledgehammer on a pole match and the obvious outcome to send the fans home happy.

20111218_tlc_hhh_nash_r.jpg

Sup Browny, anyone notice they took away the R2 feature of wwe network when you can skip to significant events? Or maybe it's just this one ppv.

Top Bottom