• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Zack Snyder's Batman is apparently a Rock mark (Gif's from latest Batman/Superman trailer)

More like Ezekiel Jackson

i9ChI.gif

Anth0ny

Meltzer is saying AJ Styles has been the most over guy at every house show thus far. That's with families and kids who don't know about NJPW or TNA

more over than Roman? woah.

AJ has such an awesome theme and in ring style that I'm not surprised, but tons of guys have great in ring styles and yet the "chosen one" always seems to be the most over at house shows.

shanafan

They should just put the IC Title on Styles and have him not lose for a year.

Sure.

There was a recent guy who was WWE champion for more than a year. He quit, and most people claimed that WWE used him wrong.

No matter what WWE does, people will find issue with it.

"Oh man, Styles won the WWE championship at Summerslam 2016. So excited for this!"

"No, you're wrong. Styles is going to drop the title the next night on Raw to make Roman look strong. Then he will feud with Big E till Survivor Series. Balee dat."

Anth0ny

Sure.

There was a recent guy who was WWE champion for more than a year. He quit, and most people claimed that WWE used him wrong.

No matter what WWE does, people will find issue with it.

"Oh man, Styles won the WWE championship at Summerslam 2016. So excited for this!"

"No, you're wrong. Styles is going to drop the title the next night on Raw to make Roman look strong. Then he will feud with Big E till Survivor Series. Balee dat."

I mean... that's usually because it DOES happen. They drop the ball 99% of the time. The other 1% is reserved for Cena, Orton and Reigns.

DMczaf

How much of that revenue is generated by their TV deal that has locked in multipliers no matter how poor the ratings are?

Fox318

I really think if it wasn't for people like Zach or podcasts like Bryan and Vinny or the Lapsed fan people wouldn't use the network as much.

UberTag

This morning's Wrestling Observer Live is a must-listen as well.

will Gallows and Anderson debut before WM or after?
Considering that all of NXT has been taped and they're starting out down there, the only debut avenue they have is
if Bálor vs. Joe ends in a screwjob
. Don't see that happening, IMO.

jmdajr

So D. Bry retiring, Titus O Neil punished, HHH is part of the KKK.

We don't seem enthralled by the actual wrestling show at the moment.
But hey..what's new?

UberTag

So D. Bry retiring, Titus O Neil punished, HHH is part of the KKK.

We don't seem enthralled by the actual wrestling show at the moment.
But hey..what's new?
What have they given us to be enthralled by exactly? Hell, when was the last time the WWE gave us anything to be enthralled by? Was it Banks vs. Bayley last summer?

The best part of this morning's Observer radio is when Meltzer starts talking about the biggest point of the Bryan Danielson story that everyone covering it is missing (i.e. how soon CTE can be directly diagnosed and the ramifications this will have across the entire contact sport landscape - wrestling, MMA, boxing, football, hockey, etc.)

kiguel182

NXT main-event was great. Both Carmella and Bayley put on a great match and then Asuka just showed up and was awesome like she always is. Can't wait for Asuka to wrestle Bayley, she is so good.

The Drifter isn't doing it for me, that gimmick isn't going anywhere from the looks of it.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm surprised WWE's subs didn't drop more given how bad the product has been. They might get up to 1.4-1.5 million by the time Mania rolls around.

I'm surprised WWE's subs didn't drop more given how bad the product has been. They might get up to 1.4-1.5 million by the time Mania rolls around.

The network is aimed at the more hardcore fans and the more hardcore fans have shown that they will continue to watch and buy the product no matter how bad it is, if only to continue to participate in the zeitgeist.

Ithil

The Drifter lacks for any actual substance. All he does is carry a guitar to the ring and wear a scarf.
He doesn't play the guitar, or sing a song, or smash it on someone's head (the only historical use of a guitar in wrestling outside of Hollywood Rock), he's just an FCW type wrestler but he carries a guitar.

Graves eviscerating him on commentary was the only high point.

Top Bottom