• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Ca9_k2wW8AApR4o.jpg:large

Two of the biggest badasses on the planet.

Fox318

Was that Jimmy Haitch's plan then? Damn, Jimmy putting in the work there.

Vince wanted to hotshot the belt on Batista on a raw to shoot a rating.

HHH was the one who wanted a slow build that built to Wrestlemania.

Also helped that people were sick as fuck of champ HHH before Mania 19

Vince wanted to hotshot the belt on Batista on a raw to shoot a rating.

HHH was the one who wanted a slow build that built to Wrestlemania.

Also helped that people were sick as fuck of champ HHH before Mania 19

Around the time late 2004-2006 Hunter wasn't as bad. I found myself flip flopping before WM 21 on who I wanted to win until I realised that I'd rather have Hunter the champion. On tge SD side, JBL was my guy and I hated that he lost and never got the title back.

Guys, HHH wouldnt let a WCW guy go over, as he the main reason why wwe won over wcw.
CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

As noted, Titus O’Neil was suspended by WWE on Tuesday morning for 60 days (originally reported to be 90 days, but later confirmed at the reduced number) for an incident with Vince McMahon during the Daniel Bryan retirement celebration after WWE RAW on Monday. Titus was reportedly joking with Vince in a playful manner, and multiple sources told Satin that O’Neil was just trying to allow Stephanie McMahon to leave the stage first.

Looking at video of the incident, Stephanie and Vince look to be walking side-by-side, and sources told Satin that Titus said he was only saying “ladies first” when he grabbed Vince’s arm to be polite. Titus later spoke with management and explained himself, but also understood how his actions could have been perceived by others.

Vince said fuck that lady, this is my company damnit

So this Titus O'Neal situation. Is it as laughable as it seems? Why did he get suspended for playfully messing with Vince?
So that Mr McManiquen could set an example to these millennial employees. He's sick of the crap and wants things to go back to the way they once were.

BWAHHHHHHAAAAAHAHA who am I kidding, idk

So this Titus O'Neal situation. Is it as laughable as it seems? Why did he get suspended for playfully messing with Vince?

You don't go grabbing your boss by the arm while he's walking away alongside other important execs (Steph and HHH) and pull him towards you. They weren't playing characters during that time of Daniel's speech.

Was the punishment harsh? Yeah, he should've gotten 30 days and able to participate in Wrestlemania but not surprised that there had to be some sort of consequence.

Thorakai

The mistake Titus made wasn't grabbing Vince's arm, it was failing to fight him to the ground to assert his dominance when he was questioned for his actions afterward.

I don't know why he doesn't learn from the Kofi Kingston story.

hamchan

Exactly.

None of this "I made a mistake you can let me go if you want I'm sorry" stuff.

Titus should be "I'm Celebrity Dad of the Year and give your company a shitload of good PR. Give me my Mania bonus" while he powerbombs Vince.

Kaladin

Some of you guys need to step up your wrasslin' watching game.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/the-month-that-was-january-2016/

Here is a breakdown of matches and (full shows) I watched from each company. I do not count TV episodes as a full show.

AAW (9 matches) (1 show)
AWE (1 match)
Beyond Wrestling (10 matches) (1 show)
BJW (6 matches) (1 show)
CMLL/NJPW (43 matches) (6 shows)
CWF Mid-Atlantic (4 matches)
CZW/SMASH (8 matches) (1 show)
Dragon Gate (22 matches) (3 shows)
DREAMWAVE (10 matches) (1 show)
EVOVLE (21 matches) (3 shows)
Five Star Wrestling (2 matches)
ICW (5 matches) (1 show)
Lucha Underground (3 matches)
NJPW (25 matches) (3 shows)
NOAH (5 matches)
PWX (1 match)
ROH (26 matches) (1 show)
RPW (7 matches) (1 show)
SEAdLINNNG (1 match)
STARDOM (2 matches)
TNA (5 matches)
WWE/NXT (78 matches) (1 show)
WWA4 (1 match)
ZERO-1 (1 match)
TOTAL: 295 matches (24 shows)

The mistake Titus made wasn't grabbing Vince's arm, it was failing to fight him to the ground to assert his dominance when he was questioned for his actions afterward.

I don't know why he doesn't learn from the Kofi Kingston story.
Excellent post man. Essentially, that's what Batista was getting at without directly saying it. If Titus fought Vince over this, there's a chance ge would've been released but shit Vince likes a man who assets his dominance anyhow.

Austin wouldn't have stood the that shit.

HBK wouldn't have stood for that shit.

Hogan, would've left lol but you get the point.

Currently booking flights and stuff for Wrestlemania weekend in Dallas. Looked at NXT tickets and holy shit they are expensive now. We'll try to see if anyone is selling tickets out the arena but most likely its going to look like we try to find a bar or something showing it (or we can watch it back at the hotel on one of our laptops).

Exactly.

None of this "I made a mistake you can let me go if you want I'm sorry" stuff.

Titus should be "I'm Celebrity Dad of the Year and give your company a shitload of good PR. Give me my Mania bonus" while he powerbombs Vince.

I'll marked out if this happens

jmdajr

If wrestling was truly targeted towards kids they would be on a more kid friendly network or on a Saturday.

Right now the average raw viewer is in their 40s.
Saturday morning cartoons are dead brother.

Hell it's all about Netflix. My kid doesn't even understand the concept of commercials.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's kinda funny that WWE's using one of AJ's TNA themes for this Wyatt promo.

So back when the Attitude Era first got started WWF used a lot of music library tunes for some of their talents and then that theme got stuck with them even as they became bigger deals so from time to time these people would leave the company and keep their theme or you'd hear it on a cooking competition show or whatever.

The Hardyz theme being the best example.

Nekofrog

Banned
at what point was the talent led creative a thing in mid 1999? HHH has gone off and done his heel thing with sometimes associations with heel Billy Gunn, but Waltman and James are still doing the DX schtick like it's still awesome (it's not).

was it their choice to keep riding it? did they not want to change their characters? merch sales too good? writers keep them doing it?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You don't go grabbing your boss by the arm while he's walking away alongside other important execs (Steph and HHH) and pull him towards you. They weren't playing characters during that time of Daniel's speech.

Was the punishment harsh? Yeah, he should've gotten 30 days and able to participate in Wrestlemania but not surprised that there had to be some sort of consequence.

Was Vince worried people would think he doesn't like Bryan or something? Because the whole "drop his storyline after SummerSlam" thing did that already.

Top Bottom