• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Browny

Banned
WrasslinGaf has gone full Corporate. We for the kids
Corporate, you say?
corporate-austin.jpg

Unless you're at work, in which case you always work at work. Never shoot at work or else your work will shoot back and you'll shoot be out of work.

And that's a shoot.

image.php

Anth0ny

What's context of this gif? Anyone know the date this episode aired?

December 9 2013

All former world champions are in the ring to celebrate the upcoming GREATEST MATCH OF ALL TIME to unify the belts between the TWO GREATEST PERFORMERS OF ALL TIME and the GREATEST RIVALRY IN THE HISTORY OF ENTERTAINMENT, Randy Orton vs. John Cena.

It is a must watch segment. I'm not kidding. Watch it now.

Fox318

Always shoot.

What a work of work is a man! How shoot in angle, how infinite in workrate! In selling and psychology how express and admirable! In face how like an Angel! in apprehension how like a booker! The beauty of the ring! The paragon of workers! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of vanilla midget?

Sephzilla

December 9 2013

All former world champions are in the ring to celebrate the upcoming GREATEST MATCH OF ALL TIME to unify the belts between the TWO GREATEST PERFORMERS OF ALL TIME and the GREATEST RIVALRY IN THE HISTORY OF ENTERTAINMENT, Randy Orton vs. John Cena.

It is a must watch segment. I'm not kidding. Watch it now.

You mean that segment where they desperately tried to make everyone believe Cena/Orton was on the same level as Austin/Rock or Hogan/Savage? Shit, I don't think that rivalry is even on the level of Bret/Owen.

Mahonay

Banned
Jesse Ventura appears to be wearing a Malcom X leather baseball cap for Starrcade 92'.

Ah fuck, Rick Rude is out injured. Dr. Death is facing Ron Simmons instead.

According to Sexxxxxxxx Pac- X-Pac(listen to his theme and you'll get it.)

WWE did wonders in a two-day period between the last pay-per-view and I was here in Philly when Roman won the title in the exact building in Royal Rumble that they booed him out of the building. I might get heat for this but him beating the hell out of Hunter, that almost didn’t happen. Hunter had to fight really hard to get that to happen and they tried to put an edge on Roman and it did work.

Kaladin

#ShootFriday

I can't watch any DBry vids at the moment ;_;

I know what you mean friend. You know what the most shocking thing was to me though? Guy is 34....he is my age, born less than a month before I was. You shouldn't be retired at my age, let alone with brain injuries.

Mahonay

Banned
Vince got himself fucked. So he signed Maromen expecting to get Johnny B Badd until he realized that's wCws character. So he had a guy that looked like JBB but none of the theatrics.
Well soon after WWF signed him for that huge contract he suffered a career altering knee injury. His working style afterwards as Marvelous Marc Mero was absolute dog shit compared to what he was capable of in his years with WCW.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
According to Sexxxxxxxx Pac- X-Pac(listen to his theme and you'll get it.)

I know how WWE crowds work. They'll give him a (relative) pass until Fastlane at the point it becomes set in stone he's main eventing WM again and he'll get the 2015 reception again.

Well soon after WWF signed him for that huge contract he suffered a career altering knee injury. His working style afterwards as Marvelous Marc Mero was absolute dog shit compared to what he was capable of in his years with WCW.

Yeah we were talking about how Austin and Mero are two of the greatest examples of guys who had to drastically change their movesets to continue their career. What made it suck for Mero is, Vince wents our on him and was just letting his contract ride out.

HBK vs Austin at KOTR 97 is a very unique match, great but unique.

Never hear it discussed either.
It's funny, that's probably their 4th time meeting each other. Who would've thought that the next WM would involve those twobamd lead to something huge!

Zach

zach what do you think of 98 WWF so far. i enoyed my rewatch of it.

It's mostly bad. But Austin's ascension and feud with McMahon is pretty great so far. There are highlights elsewhere (The Nation comes to mind), but they're few and far between. It seems like I'm watching DOA and DX at every turn and I'm not a fan of either.

Additional thoughts: Foley is usually watchable-to-great. Kane/Taker sucks aside from Paul Bearer being hilarious.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah we were talking about how Austin and Mero are two of the greatest examples of guys who had to drastically change their movesets to continue their career. What made it suck for Mero is, Vince wents our on him and was just letting his contract ride out.
Mero's working style as B Badd relied heavily on a very spry high flying style. Having one knee completely gimped seemed to be too much for him to overcome. And his persona was very one dimensional, quick footed boxer meets Little Richard. He got to WWF he only had the boxer part left which was super boring. Just not a lot there.

Steve always was very strong in the simpler meat and potatoes type of wrestling. He lost the ability to put on technical showcases every week after his neck was destroyed, but it's place he honed in and perfected his very real looking working punches and kicks, and cranked the Stone Cold character way up. His tremendous personality and explosiveness carried him for the rest of his career.

It's mostly bad. But Austin's ascension and feud with McMahon is pretty great so far. There are highlights elsewhere (The Nation comes to mind), but they're few and far between. It seems like I'm watching DOA and DX at every turn and I'm not a fan of either.

Additional thoughts: Foley is usually watchable-to-great. Kane/Taker sucks aside from Paul Bearer being hilarious.

Kane and taker are great. Imo

Taker stuff gets better in the summer.

DX sucks

Top Bottom