• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
EkJ1taQ3.jpg
Those quest bars are putting in WORK

Syder

Great shame if the news about Barrett is true. King of The Ring was the kiss of death for him. I always pull for fellow Brits to do well in the WWE so this is disappointing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Barrett was always injured, but it's not like they were doing piss-all with him when he wasn't. Won KOTR, promptly became a joke on par with the likes of Heath Slater and Damien Sandow.

Some people are just destined for the mid-card. I really never saw Barrett as some kind of main-event talent and he was never even remotely over enough for that to make any sense. There are lots of people who have been really badly affected by booking, but I don't know that I would count Barrett as one of them.

Like, he seems like a hard-enough working dude, but there's a pretty long list of generic midcard heels on the roster and I think he was the one with the least personality.

Browny

Banned
Cruiserweight tourney? Excellent! It'll be interesting to see who they bring in, and what sort of weight limit they go for (in case they need to flesh things out).

somedevil

Sad. :(

His "I've got some bad news" gimmick was awesome.

The best cruiserweights from WWE, NXT, ROH, LU, AAA, TNA, NJPW, and more in a world wide tournament?.... o_O

Thanks HHH. :)

Don't expect anyone from TNA, New Japan or ROH.

I'm also leaning no towards lucha underground as well.

Cause will anyone of these companies actually say yes if WWE asks to use them for this show?

Bubba T

Only half way through Raw but:

Please don't let Bryan retiring turn into a major driving force of an angle, please no. I know this is going to happen though

Any news on Mark Henry? Watching that all end the way it did was a bit cringe worthy.

I mean, they made a storyline out of Eddies death. I wouldn't put it past them.

Kaladin

I'm assuming if they already have a weight limit, and have already listed that they have 32 wrestlers, they have people signed for this.

But seriously, are there even 32 wrestlers who are 205 and under?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nothing heel about that. I can't even call Wade BritMiz anymore because Miz seems like he's doing more interesting stuff than Wade's been doing.

MC Safety

If you told me Heath Slater would be the last member of the nexus still employed by WWE I dont know what I would have said.

Wasn't Wade Barrett a member of the Nexus?

Husky Harris was, too.

Also, John Cena.

And David Otunga, who is still with the WWE.

And Ryback.

Oh, and Michael McGillicutty and Darren Young.

Except for those guys, everyone from the Nexus is gone.

Kaladin

This Global Cruiserweight Invitational is Triple H stepping up his game in what the Network will offer. I'm really looking forward to this. It's exciting to think of the talent possibilities and how big of a game changer this could be.

I am hype.

Too bad about Barrett but I can see why he's unhappy. Still, the guy was given a lot of chances and unfortunately, he was plagued with injuries. I wish success for Barrett post-WWE but I hope it has nothing to do with contact sports.

Kaladin

Fingers crossed that this cruiserweight show is successful. It could open the doors for other outside of the box wrestling shows.

Here's to hoping we eventually get a more maturely focused wrestling show on the Network that is separate from the main product.

Top Bottom