• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Kaladin

the worst is the woos whenever Charlotte is speaking

Lmao sounds like a bunch of deranged morons in the crowd. Just uncoordinated and continuous

Never go to a WWE event in the Carolinas. When you're walking the corridors of the arena you'll hear random WOOOS that will be echo'd throughout the hallways basically all night.

CbX3H8UWcAE4KPG.png

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/699737033682640896?s=09

Mecca on fire

That match was AWFUL. Let's have a bunch of guys who we've had lose mutiple times and look weak act like they're all Giants and gods

I thought I was watching an episode of Sunday night Heat.

Worst lead in to a PPV or what ever they want us to call it now ever.

Braun is a goof. Ill never buy him. You hear me Vince, he will never be accepted by me.

Fox318

You answered your own question.

Triple H is trying to change the mindset of an entire company on many things including size. He's fighting an uphill battle and has to convince the execs around him including Vince that he's right. NXT is his platform to do it and it has taken time to work to being able to present a limited series like this.

Except its a creative issue. What economic argument is there today that a smaller wrestler is less of a draw than a big one?

You telling me that WWE can't make money off anyone? Look at how long they are pushing somebody like Roman despite him not being ready for the spot and now even when he is in it he is getting booed.

Is Bruan and Big Show selling more merch than anyone else?

The execs care about the the economics and the size is a creative and personal taste issue that probably only 4 people in the company truly believe in.

Steph Curry is the biggest star in basketball right now. He is a sub 200lb NBA player who isn't 6'8" or 6'10" like Lebron or Durant. In the Vince McMahon world Robin Lopez is the biggest draw in the NBA.

UFC just had a record year off the backs of 135 lb women and 145 lb men under 5'10".

Messi is 5'7", Serena Williams is 5'9",Tom Cruise is 5'7", Cristiano Ronaldo is 6'1" and sub 180 lbs, and Pac and Floyd drew the biggest PPV ever.

Neither in entertainment nor Sports height or size is not the determining factor on making money.

Otherwise Hafþór Björnsson, Paul White, and Rich Piania would be the biggest stars.

Kaladin

Except its a creative issue. What economic argument is there today that a smaller wrestler is less of a draw than a big one?

You telling me that WWE can't make money off anyone? Look at how long they are pushing somebody like Roman despite him not being ready for the spot and now even when he is in it he is getting booed.

Is Bruan and Big Show selling more merch than anyone else?

The execs care about the the economics and the size is a creative and personal taste issue that probably only 4 people in the company truly believe in.

Steph Curry is the biggest star in basketball right now. He is a sub 200lb NBA player who isn't 6'8" or 6'10" like Lebron or Durant. In the Vince McMahon world Robin Lopez is the biggest draw in the NBA.

UFC just had a record year off the backs of 135 lb women and 145 lb men under 5'10".

Messi is 5'7", Serena Williams is 5'9",Tom Cruise is 5'7", Cristiano Ronaldo is 6'1" and sub 180 lbs, and Pac and Floyd drew the biggest PPV ever.

Neither in entertainment nor Sports height or size is not the determining factor on making money.

Otherwise Hafþór Björnsson, Paul White, and Rich Piania would be the biggest stars.

WWE exists in a vacuum when it comes to these things, you know this. It all goes back to one person really and Vince loves bigger guys. The sports industry can change around them but he'll still book like it's the 1980's and everyone wants Andre vs Hogan again. Triple H on the other hand sees the change and sees that wrestling is trending to smaller competitors and this showcase is the best thing he's been able to put together to get that point across.

Menome

I don't think the Charlotte/Brie promo was really as terrible as it was made out to be. They cut Brie off before she waffles on and Charlotte works some decent heel promo tactics of concern-trolling Brie over Daniel. She gets to act the antagonist whilst going "But I was being nice...honest"

Apart from the bit about the goat-faced vegan kids. That's probably a shoot.

Mahonay

Banned
Man I'm getting pretty hype for an even smarkier internet wrestling fed from Paul The King of Kings and The Best at Wrestling Levesque.

tumblr_nlu67zmPGB1sr1galo2_r1_500.gif

Fox318

Best Multi-man team matches of all time?

Sting's Squadron vs The Dangerous Alliance - Wrestlewar 92
The Hart Foundation vs AMERICA - In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede

What else?

Kaladin

Best Multi-man team matches of all time?

Sting's Squadron vs The Dangerous Alliance - Wrestlewar 92
The Hart Foundation vs AMERICA - In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede

What else?

Ring of Honor's Dragon Gate six man matches were usually up there.

Do FIXER (Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito) defeated Blood Generation (CIMA, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi) - Supercard of Honor 2006

Fox318

Bill would have beat the shit out of vince because he wore the wrong tie that day.

He later claimed it was to protect the business.

Nekofrog

Banned
i always get the feeling that HHH is a huge mark for the business of wrestling (not just WWE), but is an even bigger mark for himself

he's building a lot of the foundation of what's going to come in the next 20 years, but there are still roadblocks. the only roadblock by then will be himself and i don't think that'll be a big problem by then

Anth0ny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koiQ6IUTbNc

He emotes so well and in looking anxious as hell he sets the stage for a confrontation between Big Show and Rock.

I love that segment just because it shows how easily a heel that is over can transition into a babyface. Rock came out to boos, five lines later the crowd is fucking losing their shit for him.

I don't understand why they can't watch this and realize that Roman turning heel would benefit him so much in the long run.

LET THE ROCK TELL YOU SOMETHING, YOU OVERGROWN, 500 POUND BAG OF MONKEY CRAP

Nekofrog

Banned
DDP: could've been used better in WCW but as is he was perfectly serviceable in his role. good talent, not great. had some really really amazing work with randy savage. overall if I were a guy who started as late as he did, i would be perfectly OK with how my career turned out if I were him.

Kaladin

DDP: could've been used better in WCW but as is he was perfectly serviceable in his role. good talent, not great. had some really really amazing work with randy savage. overall if I were a guy who started as late as he did, i would be perfectly OK with how my career turned out if I were him.

Pretty much. He was never going to be a big star in the climate of WCW anyway, he was very lucky to get the opportunities he did.

ElRenoRaven

Just read the news about Wade. That's fucked up. It says a lot when talent is like you know Vince I don't care if you are the only big league fed there is I'll go elsewhere.

"People often think of WWE as this close-minded...'This is how it's going to be' and that's not how it is at all. We're open to a lot of things but it takes time to make changes and it takes time to open those doors and there's a lot of business components that have to be in place for it all to happen. This is one of those things. It took a long time to come but now here we are. I am excited about it for these guys to have the platform. I am also excited about it for some of the organizations that they work for now, getting exposure through WWE and the WWE Network. That kind of helps them as well. It's just good for the health of the business overall." - Paul "Triple H" Levesque, February 16th, 2016

Let those people continue to wrestle for their companies when they're able, otherwise I call bullshit on all of this #FuckH

Tony Schiavone: "There's a lot of men out there who have a Yak on the side, if ya know what I mean!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TW_a_YkT8w&feature=youtu.be&t=1m16s
the fuck is a yak
Nexus+Attacks.gif

How can you say that Beefers when it was Barrett who served as the vehicle to get THE BIG GUY on Raw?

I can't believe you missed a prime opportunity to use "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!" You must be more shook than I thought!

And THE BIG GUY would've gotten on Raw with or without Wade, since the Nexus was bigger than his puny arms!

Never go to a WWE event in the Carolinas. When you're walking the corridors of the arena you'll hear random WOOOS that will be echo'd throughout the hallways basically all night.

Uhh, I've heard WOOOOOOOOOs at live events/tapings in Kentucky, Washington, and Oregon.

It's not a Carolinas thing.

And it's fun.

Don't be a Bo-ner.

Top Bottom