• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

fauxtrot

Banned
I wonder if they'll get any AAA talent in this, seeing that the promotion is having some pretty significant problems w/ talent regarding money and whatnot. Maybe not w/ Lucha Underground still going, though.

I'd love to see some CMLL folks show up too, but I don't think that's very likely either.

It's going to be great, regardless with the promotions already noted... any word on if NXT/WWE guys will be participating as well? I have a hard time imagining them filling out a 32 man bracket without using some of their own smaller stars.

Zach

I knew we would eventually bond over a mutual love for talented singer-songwriters who represent the voice of a generation.

I found it catchy and disposable. I will listen to it again soon and try to focus a bit more on the lyrical content. Maybe there's something more to it. If you have any specific songs you think are especially worthwhile and/or lyrically impressive, shoot me some suggestions.

Kaladin

I feel like this has real potential. Real game changing potential. The promise is there and the right people are there.

This could open the doors for a new revolution.

Don't pull a Nexus, WWE.

Anth0ny

I feel like this has real potential. Real game changing potential. The promise is there and the right people are there.

This could open the doors for a new revolution.

Don't pull a Nexus, WWE.

if Triple H/NXT team is behind the booking of this deal, it will probably be pretty great.

Zach

Global Cruiserweight Series?! :O

Debuting on July 13? That's my son's birthday. I hope he enjoys his Dean Malenko-as-Ciclope-themed birthday party.

Some people are just destined for the mid-card. I really never saw Barrett as some kind of main-event talent and he was never even remotely over enough for that to make any sense. There are lots of people who have been really badly affected by booking, but I don't know that I would count Barrett as one of them.

Like, he seems like a hard-enough working dude, but there's a pretty long list of generic midcard heels on the roster and I think he was the one with the least personality.

There's a difference between solid mid-carder and a jobber who's made to look utterly incompetent. I didn't say anything about him having to be in the main event.

Mr. Jimmy

20151118_LIGHT_WWEPC_NewRecruit_HP.jpg

We already know who will win the Global Cruserweight Series.

I wonder if they'll get any AAA talent in this, seeing that the promotion is having some pretty significant problems w/ talent regarding money and whatnot. Maybe not w/ Lucha Underground still going, though.

I'd love to see some CMLL folks show up too, but I don't think that's very likely either.

It's going to be great, regardless with the promotions already noted... any word on if NXT/WWE guys will be participating as well? I have a hard time imagining them filling out a 32 man bracket without using some of their own smaller stars.

Well, he said that they're trying to make it as open as possible - meaning that someone won't be prevented from entering just because they're already established in the company.

That sounds smart to me - if he's serious about making it the best of the best.

It sounds fantastic though.

fauxtrot

Banned
If this leads towards a stronger working relationship between WWE/NXT and other promotions (not including the ones we know of), I will be very very happy. I can't see NJPW letting any of their talent participate, due to legit concerns that they may lose more of their roster, but I really hope I'm wrong.

On the CMLL front, could you imagine Dragon Lee and/or Kamaitachi in a WWE/NXT ring?

Also, since this is a 10 week tournament (and I'm going to assume the episodes will be 45 - 60 minutes long), it sounds like we'll be getting 15+ minute matches from most everyone involved.

Toki767

I'd ask who from TNA would show up, but realistically, their X Division is basically Trevor Lee and Tigre Uno. With the main focus being on Shane Helms.

Fox318

I just feel like if I was a younger kid I would have been all over Sting.

Lapsed Fan mentioned that he is kinda like John Cena but I'd say he was kinda the inverse Cena.

Cena was such an amazing talker and could connect on a level like Sting where as sting couldn't really ct a promo but he covered for that with his athleticism in the ring.

Plus as the times changed sting changed his act and was part of what may be the best story in wrestling history (WCW vs NWO, Sting and Lex Luger's friendship at the time and so on.)

I know Cena changed his gimmick from the hip hop star to what he is today but if he had changed himself just that extra 10% (not a heel run or anything like that) maybe he isn't getting the boos today. Maybe if he wasn't a company man and said no to some of Vince's shitty ideas he wouldn't have the mixed reaction.

Anyway Sting is fantastic and surfer sting is exactly how Bayley should be booked.

Fox318

"People often think of WWE as this close-minded...'This is how it's going to be' and that's not how it is at all. We're open to a lot of things but it takes time to make changes and it takes time to open those doors and there's a lot of business components that have to be in place for it all to happen. This is one of those things. It took a long time to come but now here we are. I am excited about it for these guys to have the platform. I am also excited about it for some of the organizations that they work for now, getting exposure through WWE and the WWE Network. That kind of helps them as well. It's just good for the health of the business overall." - Paul "Triple H" Levesque, February 16th, 2016

I hate shit like this.

What time does it take? Its a fake sport where it gets rewritten every fucking hour. The company could have changed things long long ago but the prejudices of Vince held everyone back. They fucking sabotaged Rey's for example. World _______ Champion.

There may be only 5 people on the planet that think size alone is a drawing factor (Vince, HHH, Dunn, Hayes, and Steph). Look at what happened on Monday. Nobody gave a shit about Big Show and green as shit Braun.

Maybe HHH will change things but what we do know from guys like Tyler Breeze is that until the head writer of the main roster leaves things will never really change.

Zach

just watching all of these starrcades.

He is great.

I mean I only really got a taste of sting during the crow era but surfer sting is great.

Got ya. He was a lot of fun. Until '98. Now I'm wanting to die.

He was easily the most popular star in the company from the 80s until 2000.

Oh. Yeah. I know. I was just asking Fox318 what he was enjoying specifically.

Kaladin

I hate shit like this.

What time does it take? Its a fake sport where it gets rewritten every fucking hour. The company could have changed things long long ago but the prejudices of Vince held everyone back. They fucking sabotaged Rey's for example. World _______ Champion.

There may be only 5 people on the planet that think size alone is a drawing factor (Vince, HHH, Dunn, Hayes, and Steph). Look at what happened on Monday. Nobody gave a shit about Big Show and green as shit Braun.

Maybe HHH will change things but what we do know from guys like Tyler Breeze is that until the head writer of the main roster leaves things will never really change.

You answered your own question.

Triple H is trying to change the mindset of an entire company on many things including size. He's fighting an uphill battle and has to convince the execs around him including Vince that he's right. NXT is his platform to do it and it has taken time to work to being able to present a limited series like this.

Top Bottom