• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

DMczaf

OMG I just saw Erik Watts's dropkick from Starrcade 92....

ThirstyPopularDavidstiger.gif

Fox318

I love that Brock regrets attempting that shooting star press.

I'm surprised he even knows who Bryan is.

I'd imagine Paul keeps him informed on certain guys and I'd imagine that Bryan would be one of the few he would mention.

But Brock ain't wasting any of his hunting and watching the UFC heavyweight division fall apart time on Vince's carny storytime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fake Sting is kind of a fun idea because it runs with the character idea for post WWF Lex Luger, in that first and foremost the man is an idiot.

Idiot Lex Luger, mind you, is a real interesting dude.

He's a tweener and basically remains so with brief periods of being a real face until finally turning heel in the Russo era.

He's friends with Stang...

But like all cheaters he always accuses his partner of doing the same. I know it was you Stang!

He volunteers for stipulation matches without knowing what the stipulation means.

He's kinda the biggest star when Flair is injured and Stang is in the rafters/

Zach

Fake Sting is kind of a fun idea because it runs with the character idea for post WWF Lex Luger, in that first and foremost the man is an idiot.

Idiot Lex Luger, mind you, is a real interesting dude.

He's a tweener and basically remains so with brief periods of being a real face until finally turning heel in the Russo era.

He's friends with Stang...

But like all cheaters he always accuses his partner of doing the same. I know it was you Stang!

He volunteers for stipulation matches without knowing what the stipulation means.

He's kinda the biggest star when Flair is injured and Stang is in the rafters/

Schmuck Luger had his moments, I agree.

Mauro isn't at the Smackdown tapings. Cole is back.

Ah, you poor bastards.

RBH

Axl Rotten, a Baltimore-born professional wrestler who rose to prominence in the 1990s with Extreme Championship Wrestling, died from an accidental overdose earlier this month, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore announced.

Police said in a report that Rotten, 44, was found unconscious and not breathing Feb. 4 on the bathroom floor of a McDonald's in Linthicum. Rotten, who was on the floor inside a bathroom stall, had pulled down the infant changing table and placed on it drug paraphernalia and a broken burnt tablespoon with a "crystalline residue," according to the report. An unlabeled pill bottle with capsules of a "brownish substance," which police suspected was heroin, was atop the paper-towel dispenser, the report said.

Rotten, who was born Brian Knighton and took the name Axl Rotten professionally, was pronounced dead at the scene at 3:09 p.m. It was unclear how long he had been in the bathroom before he was found.
"WWE is saddened to learn of reports that Brian Knighton, best known for competing in ECW as Axl Rotten from 1993 to 1999, has passed away. WWE extends its condolences to Knighton’s family, friends and fans," the wrestling company, which owns ECW, said in a statement after his death.

A Fells Point native who dropped out of Southern High in 11th grade to pursue his wrestling career, Rotten was known "for the extremes he would go to in the ring, including mutilating himself in matches involving barbed wire and broken glass," The Baltimore Sun reported in 2005. He "helped establish ECW ... as the anti-establishment organization and a stark contrast to the family entertainment" of World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling. Outside the ring, however, he struggled with substance abuse, including prescription drugs, heroin, cocaine and alcohol.

He told The Sun he had been sober for a year in 2005, just before he was to perform in a pay-per-view event produced by WWE.

In 2014, according to a GiveForward fundraiser in his name, Rotten was hospitalized at Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, where doctors told him he required two cervical spine surgeries.

The morning of his death, Knighton sent out a cryptic tweet: "The way I do things may not be the way you do things but you will find out there is only 1 way. My away! #AxlsTruth."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...tling-accidental-overdose-20160216-story.html

Yikes

Fox318

Can we dream that Mauro is coming to RAW?

Wouldn't change anything so long as the tired mouthpiece for Vince that is JBL and the wet blanket of personality that is Saxton.

Plus with Vince in his ear unless Mauro says fuck that shit I'm doing my own thing its still gonna suck.

for as bad as Cole is he isn't the main problem with commentary.

UberTag

Mauro was backstage at raw last night...

We may have seen the last of Mauro
He had a good run. Clearly he wasn't going to be around long with him clearly outshining the commentary work that Vince micromanages from gorilla.

He's not the kind of commentator that Vince wants for his mainline product.
He was putting over the matches and in-ring storytelling instead of focusing entirely on the Network shilling.

somedevil

He had a good run. Clearly he wasn't going to be around long with him clearly outshining the commentary work that Vince micromanages from gorilla.

Mauro was backstage at raw last night...

We may have seen the last of Mauro

3 posibilties

• Cole Power Play to protect his spot
  • Vince heard Mauro and said fuck that shit bring back the guy I make call me sir
  • Mauro had some other showtime venue or was sick.

To calm this hilarious paranoia some say he is attending the funeral of Kevin Randleman. Fox I hope you don't believe some of what you posted as well.

If you are an observer subscriber I highly recommend checking out Dave's bio of Sam Mushnick

Prelim wrestlers couldn't use main event finishers (unless they had already established it as their winning move). You couldn't choke, or come off the top rope, or drop a knee to the throat, or rake the eyes. Only one man was allowed outside the ring at any time, even in the main event, unless it was specifically booked as a rare double count out finish. All those moves kids growing up in other parts of the country were told proved wrestling was fake were for the most part eliminated by Sam, because he didn't want his social circle saying things to him like, "you know if you really jumped off the top rope with a knee to a guy's throat, he'd be dead." Run-ins almost never existed. Well, there was one in 1961 when Rogers wouldn't break the figure four on Bill Dromo, billed as a young protege of Valentine, and Valentine ran in and cleaned house to build to a big title gate. There was another in 1980 when Harley Race replaced an injured guy in a tag match and was pinned by Ted DiBiase, instantly making DiBiase into a credible world title contender, and there's more to that story as well. On the surface, to a fan today, it sounds like the matches must have been boring and had no heat. Fans from other cities may have viewed the television show, with just straight wrestling, straight announcing and for the most part, with few exceptions like Dick the Bruiser, straight sports-like interviews, and maybe two angles a year, usually to build a main event when Muchnick booked a show at the larger Checkerdome, as boring. But it drew tremendous ratings and with the exception of the news, was the top rated locally produced program in the market doing 8.0 to 12.0 ratings.

http://members.f4wonline.com/wrestl...g-observer-newsletter-finger-poke-doom-awards

Top Bottom