• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Fox318

Shoot city

1453683131652.gif

shoot city

iCSITG0.gif

Fox318

Z9EWqGQ.gif

Look at those kidney and liver strikes. Greg Jackson's training must have been programmed into StarFleet officer hand to hand combat training.

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

* Sheamus, Rusev and Alberto Del Rio defeated WWE United States Champion Kalisto, Sin Cara and Dolph Ziggler. WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens was on commentary and distracted Ziggler, leading to the pin

* Sasha Banks defeated Tamina Snuka by submission with a Banks Statement. After the match, Tamina and Naomi attacked Sasha but Becky Lynch made the save

* Chris Jericho defeated The Miz by submission with Walls of Jericho. After the match, AJ Styles comes out. Jericho accepts Styles' challenge for a match at WWE Fastlane

* WWE Divas Champion Charlotte defeated Natalya with the Figure Eight in a non-title match. After, Brie Bella comes out and they brawl for a minute or two

* Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated The Dudley Boyz in the main event, by disqualification when Brock Lesnar attacked Ambrose. Paul Heyman also came out. Lesnar hit Ambrose and Reigns with German suplexes. Reigns tried to spear Lesnar but accidentally hit Ambrose. Ambrose then tried to hit Dirty Deeds on Reigns but Reigns countered and hit a Samoan Drop. Lesnar hit a F5 on Reigns. Triple H's music hit and out came the WWE World Heavyweight Champion to the stage. Triple H stares Lesnar down as SmackDown ends

Fox318

I don't want to see any combination in the main event at Wrestlemania.

Ambrose vs HHH is the freshest, Roman vs HHH makes storyline sense but I just don' t want to see this incarnation of Roman Reigns, and Brock vs HHH was done to death and I don't see HHH taking those bumps and selling enough to Brock.

And quite frankly HHH didn't exactly work a fantastic match last year...

I wonder if Barrett is the one 'sheetz were talking about last week of a current WWE star considering a move to MMA when their contract expired. I mean, he is a world renown bare knuckle fighter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just don't think he ever had the tools to be a main eventer and he mostly just got hurt at every turn.

I think Wade had a lot of potential, but as they usually do they completely botched the storyline that should've made him a star, then he kept getting injured and that was that.

Striker

I just don't think he ever had the tools to be a main eventer and he mostly just got hurt at every turn.
Injuries spurned his chances of ever elevating past a certain point. He isn't Randy Orton here who is given every chance imaginable despite missing time.

As for 'the tools'. To me it is all about speaking abilty and he has/had it. It isn't about if he can do a Canadian Destroyer or Shooting Star Press. The chance to make a new main event guy in 2010 was ruined at SummerSlam that year. Stupidity by their booking decisions never amaze me.

I think Wade had a lot of potential, but as they usually do they completely botched the storyline that should've made him a star, then he kept getting injured and that was that.

Did they waste his talent or is there too much talent? I guess this what leads into 50/50 booking. They just have too many guys who can be pushed or too strong they don't know how to handle it.

Nightline did a feature story on concussions in sports and interviewed Daniel Bryan, Brie Bella, and former WWE wrestler Chris Nowinski.

It's an interesting story, and they interview the doctor who inspired the recent movie Concussion, too.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/pro-wrestler-latest-retire-amidst-concussion-concerns-36992689

Bella announced she's going to be leaving soon. I guess that's not new news.

Good interview if a bit PR-y from the WWE side.

Also I can see them giving Brie the belt at fastlane and having her drop it at mania in a 4 way with the 3 NXT women and then she goes off into the sunset ala AJ Lee last year.

Blame the 80 year old opponent he faced, who already looked gassed on his way down to the ring.

Please stick to the facts. Sting is 109 years old.

Sting would later go on to get so gassed standing inside a large box covered by a thin sheet for a few minutes, that his perspiration washed away all his face paint up around where his hairline used to be.

JavyOO7

It was lovely watching Sting wrestle twice last year. Even in his age I just instantly went back to 1995 as I saw Stinger about to fight some dude in a clash of the champions episode. He had an okay match with HHH and a decent match with Seth until the unfortunate injury.

Zach

It was lovely watching Sting wrestle twice last year. Even in his age I just instantly went back to 1995 as I saw Stinger about to fight some dude in a clash of the champions episode. He had an okay match with HHH and a decent match with Seth until the unfortunate injury.
Yeah, it was a good time. Would've liked to see the guy win something but what can ya do?

Stone Cold's podcast with The Big Show is one of the best he's done on the Network so far. Didn't expect that. They don't waste time getting into the nitty gritty and have great chemistry. Love the conflicting views on Show's debut and how Austin was taking those cage bumps lol

Mahonay

Banned
Good interview if a bit PR-y from the WWE side.

Also I can see them giving Brie the belt at fastlane and having her drop it at mania in a 4 way with the 3 NXT women and then she goes off into the sunset ala AJ Lee last year.
If she could dig deep down to bump like a champ then this could work.

Otherwise she's going to drag it down a full notch.

Shouldn't have wasted a loss on stupid HHH, if he was gonna lose make it to the UT then give him an actual win after that.

But I guess HHH had to make sure everyone knew he was still the best of course.

And Undertaker had that awesome feud everyone remembers that was way more important with *insert gibberish promo*.

Every time I post about this I get angry, why did the nWo come out to help Sting? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! AGGGGH.

Then they're like well good match or bad match in the end I think it was such a cool moment you know? No it wasn't, it was stupid.

Then they shake hands and hug after.

Then HHH trashes Sting in his mid WM Raw promo like 30min later, after he shook his hand and hugged him because 'respect'.

Huh? :\

Top Bottom