• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

jmdajr

This is how I will remember Wade Barret's WWE career...

cena-drops-chairs-onto-barrett-o.gif

I was there in person brother!

We were bound to get something bad with the inevitable Bryan ending being surprisingly good, so of course it happens with one of the best currently

They should have given Wade a World title run with the Nexus. Instead as always they were scared and literally buried him with chairs, and now he's about to retire from the sport as Sheamus' chauffeur #ThisFuckingCompany

Wednesday night war

ROH
Top Prospect Tournament Match: Lio Rush vs. Jason Kincaid
Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser vs. Caprice Coleman and Will Ferrara
Mark Briscoe vs. Tim Hughes
Matt Sydal and ACH vs. The Young Bucks

Sydal and ACH vs. Young Bucks should be good, while Lio Rush vs. Jason Kincaid has gotten a surprising amount of hype.

NXT
Enzo Amore, Colin Cassady, Chad Gable, Jason Jordan vs. Dash, Dawson, Blake and Murphy
Asuka vs. Deonna Purrazzo
Tye Dillinger vs. Alex Riley
#1 Contender’s Match: Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn

Christ, another Alex Riley match. What did we do to deserve this?

Joe vs. Zayn should be very good though.

Lucha Underground
Cage vs. Joey Ryan
Angelico, Ivelisse, and Son of Havoc vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr., Cortez Castro, and Mr. Cisco
Pentagon Jr. vs. Prince Puma

rrc1594

Wednesday night war

ROH

Sydal and ACH vs. Young Bucks should be good, while Lio Rush vs. Jason Kincaid has gotten a surprising amount of hype.

NXT
Enzo Amore, Colin Cassady, Chad Gable, Jason Jordan vs. Dash, Dawson, Blake and Murphy

Lucha Underground
Cage vs. Joey Ryan
Angelico, Ivelisse, and Son of Havoc vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr., Cortez Castro, and Mr. Cisco

That's some Raw level of booking, is maybe because the Joe and Zayn is match is going to be long?

Hex

Banned
Wednesday night war

ROH

NXT

Lucha Underground
Cage vs. Joey Ryan

What a god damned stacked night

I'm supposed to go to the NXT live event in Asbury Park on Friday, but I just got a pretty depressing medical diagnosis and don't feel like doing much of anything. Does anyone know what matches I might miss if I don't go? I don't want to sit it out and end up regretting it.

I'm 33 and just found out I'm severely diabetic and have to cut out all sugars and carbs immediately or face a whole multitude of complications like losing my extremities and requiring dialysis. I got instantly put on insulin and a pill and have to test my sugar 4 times a day...

rrc1594

Any good matches? I mean, I could go to the wiki or something, but you seem to be promotin' so sell me on it.

The build is crap but Brock Vs Dean Vs Roman should at least be decent. With a possible swerve at the end.

That is it. Oh AJ Vs Jericho

Zach

The build is crap but Brock Vs Dean Vs Roman should at least be decent. With a possible swerve at the end.

That is it. Oh AJ Vs Jericho

Didn't AJ/Jericho already happen? And I'm pretty indifferent about the dudes in the main event, sooooo...

I better check the wiki.

Wikipedia said:
Ryback, Big Show and Kane vs.

v_v

Kaladin

I watched the Fatal Five Way on Raw. Damn that was fun. I knew Tyler Breeze would take the fall the minute he came out. Still damn fun though. Wish the rest of Raw was like that.

Ive been watching alot of newer wwe shit on the network to catch my self up and Man the "this is awesome" chant actually ment something back in the day the crowd fucking throws it out if theres a tiny cool spot shits annoying

Zach

You guys really shouldn't watch RAW if the PPV matches are just repeats.

P.S. This is my monthly "bring back jobbers" post.

MG310

I'm supposed to go to the NXT live event in Asbury Park on Friday, but I just got a pretty depressing medical diagnosis and don't feel like doing much of anything. Does anyone know what matches I might miss if I don't go? I don't want to sit it out and end up regretting it.

I'm 33 and just found out I'm severely diabetic and have to cut out all sugars and carbs immediately or face a whole multitude of complications like losing my extremities and requiring dialysis. I got instantly put on insulin and a pill and have to test my sugar 4 times a day...

Sorry to hear that, hope it works out.

Not sure what they are going to run this weekend. Emma,Asuka,Vaudevillains, and Hype Bros. are advertised for the B show in Florida that night and Finn is going back on the road this weekend but not sure if he's wrestling.

Here's a couple of the cards from the past few weeeks

(This was the show after Finn got hurt and they did the Finn/Bayley segment)
1) Asuka vs. Emma
2) Blake & Murphy vs. Tommasco Ciampa & Johnny Gargano
3) WWE NXT Women’s Champion Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss.
4) WWE NXT Tag Team Champions Dawson & Dash vs. American Alpha in a two out of three falls match
5) Nia Jax vs. Billie Kay
6) Sami Zayn vs Samoa Joe & Baron Corbin

1) Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss
2) Blake & Murphy vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa
3) Nia Jax vs. Billie Kay
4) Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin
5) Jason Jordan & Chad Gable vs. WWE NXT Champions Dash & Dawson
6) WWE NXT Women’s Champion Bayley vs. Emma
7) WWE NXT Champion Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe

Kaladin

Wade Barrett is officially the best example of a John Cena feud killing a career. He never recovered from it and never will within WWE.

Son Of D

I think Barrett would have made a good commentator if he stayed within WWE but had to retire due to injuries. Wonder where he'll go now, might see him in indies for a while or maybe Japan.

This is how I will remember Wade Barret's WWE career...

cena-drops-chairs-onto-barrett-o.gif

"I'm going to put this table on top of you, then pull these chairs down onto the table. It's not going to hurt you more, in fact it might hurt you less, but it's symbolism."

Any reason to believe Ziggler/Owens won't be entertaining?

Ziggler is going to get manhandled the entire time. Then eventually turn things for 2 minutes which will include him doing the worst leap on the turnbuckle ever while yelling 'AHHHHH'.

Whoa, a fellow Jersey Shore person in WrestleGAF? If you can swing I'd still go, but totally understand why you wouldn't.

JavyOO7

I would go anyway. Gets your mind off of stuff for a bit and watch a fun house show with NXT peeps on it.

Kaladin

I'm currently in a phase where I only watch Raw live if there is nothing else to do on a Monday and if I don't I cherry pick what I want to watch. This way I'm not burned out on a feud like you guys are by the time we reach the PPV.

JavyOO7

If you have Xfinity then you can still watch the first episode of LU season 2 on their XfinityTV site. It does expire next week though. =/

Kaladin

Would Zack Ryder be #2? His career was killed simply by proxy of Cena

Probably the next best example, yeah....though he's still in WWE and there is a chance he could actually do something post Cena if tag titles count as something.

Well, Wade Barrett is still in WWE, but he's now a dead man walking.

Sephzilla

Probably the next best example, yeah....though he's still in WWE and there is a chance he could actually do something post Cena if tag titles count as something.

Well, Wade Barrett is still in WWE, but he's now a dead man walking.

Ryder's career highlight since that Cena/Kane story has been tagging with Mojo Rawley in NXT.

MG310

Wade Barrett's career highlights after the Cena feud were delivering bad news, winning King of The Ring 2015 and doing commentary while injured.

Don't forget the part where they took away his Bad News podium.

Also don't forget the part where they made him stop delivering the bad news because people enjoyed it too much.

Top Bottom