• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Sephzilla

Wade Barrett's career highlights after the Cena feud were delivering bad news, winning King of The Ring 2015 and doing commentary while injured.

That's still more than anything Ryder has done since his burial, though. Zack Ryder's career accomplishment since then has been whining on Twitter

somedevil

Wade Barrett's career highlights after the Cena feud were delivering bad news, winning King of The Ring 2015 and doing commentary while injured.

Injuries did not help his career. He was about to get a push and then Big Show threw R-truth on his arm injuring him. Then when he was hot as Bad News Barrett Jack Swagger injured him.

After that it was all downhill.

20160216cmllmexico_5.gif

Kaladin

Did EC3 get injured from that?

It looks like he hit the padding just right to avoid it, but I don't follow Impact at all to know.

Also, why doesn't that padding extend all around ringside? It looks kinda pointless like that. Like it might actually cause injuries if you land half off it like he almost did.

Kaladin

Even with padding that would have hurt. Neither one of them even tried to catch him so it would have just been straight impact to the floor.

It looks like they threw their arms up to try and catch him, but the Funkasaurus was distracted at the last minute by something and EC3 fell through them without and padding to break his fall.

Edit: Actually, I think he flinched as EC3 was coming down instead of being distracted. So basically instead of holding his arms up, he flinched and didn't catch him.

shaowebb

Geez...did EC3 get injured there? Looks like he smacked his forearm pretty badly into the concrete and possibly banged his hip up.

MC Safety

Sorry, wrestling fans. John Cena had nothing to do with the success or failure of Wade Barrett's career.

The guy had a nice run that was marred by injuries. He had some charisma, too, but not as much even, say, Randy Orton. And Orton is kind of boring.

Fox318

Sorry, wrestling fans. John Cena had nothing to do with the success or failure of Wade Barrett's career.

The guy had a nice run that was marred by injuries. He had some charisma, too, but not as much even, say, Randy Orton. And Orton is kind of boring.

marred by injuries?

Big Show and Swagger killed his career.

Anth0ny

Maybe Wade will go to New Japan, fill in AJ's spot and become a top tier talent, and then come back to WWE new and improved in two years with Hiroshi Tanahashi.

They can call him the royal rookie.

Wheb he decided to not let Nexus go over at SummerSlam, he killed their momentum. Even Edge and Jericho knew they needed to go over but Cena decided he'd kick out of a ddt on the concrete floor and go on to win eventually.

somedevil

I can't help but wonder if Sheamus is contemplating his future. Stu is one of his best friends and I dont know that he connects with anyone there in the locker room like he did with Stu.

He must be friends with Cena if he gets to use his private gym as shown in total divas.

Reading Sheamus twitter it seems like he living the life with the ninja turtles movie and he seems to be friends with the creators of Rick and Morty.

He was just at one of their houses and did dvd commentary for season 2.

Did League of Nations get a new theme?

I really want Del Rio and Rusev to go out on their own again. I think there is some wasted talent going on there. But again, how can you book all this good talent with strong pushes?

I just mainly hate when WWE goes over the top on international personas

Wheb he decided to not let Nexus go over at SummerSlam, he killed their momentum. Even Edge and Jericho knew they needed to go over but Cena decided he'd kick out of a ddt on the concrete floor and go on to win eventually.

I remember one of them told that story and said even Cena responded to them after the match like "...yeah you guys were right that was a huge fuckup"

MC Safety

Nexus was roughly six years ago.

Wade Barrett had a nice career, and you simply can't wave it away by saying Cena "berried" him.

Do you guys check under your beds to see if the boogeyman John Cena has berried the real Boogeyman and taken up residence there?

"I've got some bad news!" Was catchy as fuck tho me and the wife still use it so at least he had that going for him....

Maybe now that he'll be gone the league of jobbers will finally be put down what a terrible concept/execution

"I've got some bad news!" Was catchy as fuck tho me and the wife still use it so at least he had that going for him....

Maybe now that he'll be gone the league of jobbers will finally be put down what a terrible concept/execution

The second fans started liking that phrase, HHH and Vince stopped letting him use it

Literally everything that handicapped Barrett and made people think of him as a joke can fit in one of three categories (Upper Management, Injuries, Cena), and it's impressive the level of cognitive dissonance one must have to think either that's not the case or that Barrett was at fault for any of it

Anth0ny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Wz4bGYC3g#t=2m55s

Such a nice looking Diamond Cutter from DDP.

Right in the middle of the ring in The Omni in Atlanta!

we just drew 16,000 in atlanta at the omni

and we're going back next week

and we're drawing another 16,000 people

and we're going back the week after that, and drawing another 16,000 people

Finished Batman Arkham Knight the other day. Man, Rocksteady needs to teach their bookers how to book a good end to a feud.

arkham knight was the absolute shits

somedevil

Some one created this chart showing since 2010 Wade has only worked a full time schedule once in 2011:

Chart shows his injuries during pushes. The one 2012 and the last one in 2014. In 2015 he had the visa issue in September and in December where he got the neck injury that he still has.

Striker

Nexus was roughly six years ago.

Wade Barrett had a nice career, and you simply can't wave it away by saying Cena "berried" him.

Do you guys check under your beds to see if the boogeyman John Cena has berried the real Boogeyman and taken up residence there?
When Rusev is eventually in the same spot Barrett is in later on (maybe he is now? ouch), people will pinpoint the same story on Cena. Is it right? Maybe not necessarily, because he was bound to lose sooner than later. The Nexus angle was something fresh and interesting and they royally screwed the pooch. How in any way was Team Cena winning at SummerSlam in any way not diminishing what Barrett or Nexus had going on at that point? I mean afterwards, they did the whole Cena wins or he joins Nexus, which again was not doing Barrett any favors. You'd figure since his team lost the initial confrontation, he would rebound or get his way back so to speak. He did not. With the story of Cena deciding to win instead of take the loss, then later admit it was a screwup, that's on him. Booking after that, no, but that match was so decisive in his career early on and it made him look bad.

Sure, he did get an opportunity later as he was feuding with Orton and then Big Shoe broke his arm, but for all we know he would've gotten booked like Christian or Del Rio did with their WHC 'success'.

Mahonay

Banned
Supposedly those that were at Smackdown had pretty good impressions. There's some Ambrose vs Reigns action. Also a Haitch and Lesnar stare down. Worth watching this week again from the sounds of it.

Still curious as to why no Ranallo this week.

Jerm411

Supposedly those that were at Smackdown had pretty good impressions. There's some Ambrose vs Reigns action. Also a Haitch and Lesnar stare down. Worth watching this week again from the sounds of it.

Still curious as to why no Ranallo this week.

Kevin Randleman's funeral?

Top Bottom