• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Sephzilla

Wasted potential, or just not happy with how your favorite wrestlers are used? A list can be made for every generation of WWE.

Was Razor Ramon wasted potential for never winning the WWF Championship?

Did Shawn Michaels win his first WWF Championship too late because he suffered a possible career threatening injury less than two years later? Shawn did turn to singles and it took him 5 years to win the WWF Championship. Should WWF had push him sooner?

I don't think Razor Ramon was wasted potential. Dude was a fucking stud in the mid card and he had one of the best matches of WrestleMania X. Plus he was booked to look like a strong contender even though he wasn't vying for the WWF title. He left WWF for WCW before he ever really got pushed to the main event level. HBK was the same thing. Dude didn't rise to the main event level for a while but he was still booked well during his mid card run.

Barrett was never booked smartly after the Cena feud. CM Punk's WWE title run was booked awfully. So was Seth Rollin's WWE title run. HBK didn't have the huge injury history of Daniel Bryan, so they could afford to take things slower with him, where as Bryan should have been pushed to the main event sooner once he got crazy over because of his history.

yFFQ1O6.gif
BWAHHHHHHAAAAAHAHA! I fucking almost threw my television when that happened. I'm like yo wtf Haitcg?

ryuen

How did you get one? I thought they were only available through New Japan.

I'd never be able to get one though...I'm kind of a big guy so I need XXL minimum.

I used FromJapan, which is a middleman service that will let you buy stuff from Japan. There's a ton of other services like this (Tenso & WhiteRabbit), but this is the one that I used. For two shirts, I think I paid $80 shipped to America.

I think there's a big & tall JPN store that sells NJPW shirts for larger sizes...I'll be sure to link you to it if I can find it.

Wednesday night war

ROH
Top Prospect Tournament Match: Lio Rush vs. Jason Kincaid
Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser vs. Caprice Coleman and Will Ferrara
Mark Briscoe vs. Tim Hughes
Matt Sydal and ACH vs. The Young Bucks

Sydal and ACH vs. Young Bucks should be good, while Lio Rush vs. Jason Kincaid has gotten a surprising amount of hype.

Wait I definitely saw this episode over the weekend. Must've been a mistake because the episode i saw two weeks ago was the one from two weeks ago, and they skipped over last week's with the ANX/War Machine main event. Anyway, I liked this episode:

ROH TV was pretty good this week! Solid opening showcase for both Jason Kincaid and Lio Rush. Rush did that moonsault slam thing that Trevor Lee does in PWG that i'm not really fond of, but otherwise good stuff. Crazy that he's only been wrestling for like, 2-3 years. Young/Bruiser vs. Coleman/Ferrara was fun too, Dalton Castle came out for the distraction. Castle and Young have been feuding for like, half a year now? Also, he comes out in his own T-shirt which I feel especially doesn't make sense for a super flamboyant character like Castle.

Main event was a good Young Bucks/Sydal & ACH match. Sydal is awesome now, hope he's in BOSJ this year.

Rush/Kincaid was indeed surprisingly good

Wait I definitely saw this episode over the weekend. Must've been a mistake because the episode i saw two weeks ago was the one from two weeks ago, and they skipped over last week's with the ANX/War Machine main event. Anyway, I liked this episode:

Rush/Kincaid was indeed surprisingly good

ROH on comet is a week behind the current episode.

Striker

Did Shawn Michaels win his first WWF Championship too late because he suffered a possible career threatening injury less than two years later? Shawn did turn to singles and it took him 5 years to win the WWF Championship. Should WWF had push him sooner?
Funny thing about both guys is each of them had WWF title shots fairly early on in their careers. Razor vs. Bret at Royal Rumble '93 (he debuted in August the year prior) and Shawn vs. Bret at Survivor Series '92 (he turned heel away from Jannetty in January). But in both instances, Bret knew how to make his opponents look like gold. And, unlike Barrett's scenario, weren't booked like goons after the title opportunity. Razor stood strong in the midcard (won at 'Mania) and Shawn was IC champ (the title meant something at this point).

Wasted potential, or just not happy with how your favorite wrestlers are used? A list can be made for every generation of WWE.

Was Razor Ramon wasted potential for never winning the WWF Championship?

There were plenty of time where he could've been the champion(Razor) but I think even be knew that the booze was the real thing holding him back. It's one thing to drink after every show but to be doing to all the time, it's what made Vince feel he was unreliable. I still believe the biggest time he could've been the champion was 95. Instead of Mabel, it should've been him facing Diesel.

Remember when Neville had that great Cena match and everyone thought they were going to do something with him

Remember when Sandow had that great Cena match and everyone thought they were going to do something with him

Colocho

Banned
He goes by Tyler Breeze now.

I remember people saying that debuting on Smackdown didn't mean he was getting buried, he beats Ziggler at Survivor Series (Dolph got his win back at RAW the next day) and 2 months later he's the biggest jobber that ever jobbed. He should really ask to go back to NXT.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I was wondering about that last night will she come with them or will she stay behind?

Carmella is going to be a Summer Rae on the main roster where she probably just eats pins but mostly is visible as the manager. They've been on dark matches for a while now and she's been with them the entire time.

I kind of assumed they were going to show up at Fastlane during the Edge and Christian segment.

somedevil

Wasn't Neville on Raw?

Also, Raw Viewership for Monday:

8pm: 3.661
9pm: 3.537
10pm: 3.233

Avg: 3.477

Wow the third hour didn't bomb as bad as I thought it would. A Braun vs Big Show main event actually did more total viewers and 18-49 viewers than Better Call Saul.

Grammys did 25 million viewers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wasn't Neville on Raw?

Wow the third hour didn't bomb as bad as I thought it would. A Braun vs Big Show main event actually did more total viewers and 18-49 viewers than Better Call Saul.

Yes, he was in a tag team with the Lucha Brothers. Sin Cara ate the pin.

Angry Grimace

Did...he do something wrong?

Neville has been a Main Event staple for a while and you can see why: he does flippy flying impressive shit in matches that don't really have any meaning beyond a wrestling match happening.

In all seriousness, I would guess it's because he's not exactly great on the mic. He's a bit hard to understand, although in fairness, that never held Paige back from slurring intelligibly on top of the women's division for like 18 months.

Wasn't Neville on Raw?

I totally forgot that he was on Raw, wow. But Vince is pushing Strongman to the moon with numbers like that.

Angry Grimace

Daniel Bryan was wrestling last year and coming off a big injury and basically nothing important actually happened on Raw other than Ambrose tried to his Reigns with a special move and Reigns just made his dumb Reignsmile in response. I mean, it's probably just that ratings have fallen off and not *actually* something specific to the events going on, but I guess we could throw it out there.

It's pretty funny they've done basically nothing to build Reigns into this event and spent the entire 4 week build pushing Ambrose, but its unfortunately probably just a smokescreen for Reigns Wins LOL.

Give Strowman the shot now. The people want Strowman/Show/Reigns main eventing PPVs and frankly, for once if they're not being children shooting everything down that doesn't have a fragile indy scrub, I say we give it to them

That it's legit great is just a bonus

Top Bottom