• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Fox318

I mean at this point the qulifactions for a taker match at mania

• History in the WWE(Sting and Joe might be the sole exceptions)
  • Somebody Taker would respect (MMA history, Old School Wrestler, or young up and comer with a ton of cred like a Finn)
  • Since its Vince I can't see anyone smaller than 6'2" (Which may leave Finn out)
  • They can work or have crowd nostalgia behind them in a way where botches probably wouldn't matter as much.

Owens would be interesting but I've heard he was shot down.

Fox318

Undertaker vs. Sting is still a possibility? :')

It should have been the match last year especially if Sting was going to lose.

Maybe they were worried about how Taker would look but he carried an injured Bray through that match.

somedevil

According to Lucha Underground contracts talent can't appear on television on a rival promotion.

So its still a slight possibility Ricochet can be in the tournament because technically it doesn't air on tv.

Fox318

According to Lucha Underground contracts talent can't appear on television on a rival promotion.

So its still a slight possibility Ricochet can be in the tournament because technically it doesn't air on tv.

WWE (including HHH) did meet with Lucha Underground officials not to long ago.

Heroman

Banned
zAEXlvo.jpg

Someone get Michael Bay on the Phone
Crazy, we were sitting in the movie watching deadpool and this crazy thought of watching a WWE ppv on the big screen came to mind.

If you could watch one ppv on the big screen what would it be?

I'm going with WM 17. Hearing "My Way" over and over on those speakers and seeing that Rock Austin pkg would be grand.

On Daniel Bryan’s recent retirement on Raw, Shinsuke Nakamura said “I’m really shocked about Daniel Bryan’s retirement. He is one of the reasons why I went to WWE.” Bryan has been vocal in the past about wanting to face Shinsuke Nakamura at some point in WWE

Poor Hong Kong Shinsooky

:(

The fact that it will never happen in WWE is so sad :(
"This year we're proud to announce a new mode called dream matches, it's where you get to play matches that happen but fans thought should've. One of the big ones being Sting v The Undertaker. And one that both superstars wanted, Daniel Bryan v. Hong Kong Shinsooky".
It was someone in here who coined it and everytime I think of Shinsuke, that's what I picture.

Kuroyume

Banned
Becky didn't have red hair. She had this ugly cheetos-looking color. She always looked really orange to me on the TV. Even those nude leggings the Divas wear... I think she wore orange ones. Oompa-Loompa orange. She looks better blonde.

Becky didn't have red hair. She had this ugly cheetos-looking color. She always looked really orange to me on the TV. Even those nude leggings the Divas wear... I think she wore orange ones. Oompa-Loompa orange. She looks better blonde.

she looks fucking jaundiced. WWE needs to fire whoever does her makeup and/or tell her to stop bronzing.

shaowebb

16 years of HHH being tied to th emain product...ugh. Has this guy every been more over than his opposition as a champ? I mean really, has HHH ever been the hottest name out there? Austin, The Rock, Cena, Taker, Lesnar...guy was never the reason butts hit the seats.

God its like if Vince had written himself into Hulkamania feuds from the onset and circled the upper card of every pay per view like a vulture.

16 years of HHH being tied to th emain product...ugh. Has this guy every been more over than his opposition as a champ? I mean really, has HHH ever been the hottest name out there? Austin, The Rock, Cena, Taker, Lesnar...guy was never the reason butts hit the seats.

God its like if Vince had written himself into Hulkamania feuds from the onset and circled the upper card of every pay per view like a vulture.
Time for my favourite story:

It appears as if Pat Patterson has given notice to WWE that he will be leaving the company next week. He gave notice on October 5th, with Taboo Tuesday set to be his final day.

Patterson recently spoke out against how WWE is using Triple H, saying that he is being given too much power and too much storyline focus without creating new stars. Patterson was growing more and more upset with WWE’s creative direction as a whole as well. Vince McMahon sent Patterson on the road with the RAW brand a few weeks back to observe and come up with ways to improve the product. Patterson spoke out about Triple H and his growing concern over the company’s direction following his run with the RAW crew.

Patterson was always thought of as Vince’s right hand man and top “yes man” so it took many by surprise when he spoke out against Triple H. Of course, most believe Triple H to be the second most powerful man in WWE now, behind only Vince himself.

Patterson has been with WWE for 46 years, but that will likely come to an end next week over this controversy with Triple H.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

I don't know why you are guys are so salty about champ HHH, he's not hogging the spotlight, he's just a prop being used to get Roman where he needs to be.

Striker

I don't know why you are guys are so salty about champ HHH, he's not hogging the spotlight, he's just a prop being used to get Roman where he needs to be.
Because instead of using 46-year old props, they could, you know, properly write and book active heels and build them up. But they don't know how to do that, or care to.

Because instead of using 46-year old props, they could, you know, properly write and book active heels and build them up. But they don't know how to do that, or care to.

well since they don't have anyone HHH is a fine option. Sure hate the booking but HHH himself aint the problem here.

Striker

well since they don't have anyone HHH is a fine option. Sure hate the booking but HHH himself aint the problem here.
It's not a coincidence he's always in these prime spots on the roster (despite not being an active performer) for the past five years

Undertaker (2x), CM Punk, Brock Lesnar (3x, 1 of 2 people who's beaten him since he's returned), Daniel Bryan, Evolution/Shield (2x), Sting, and now holding the strap.

Showaddy

No one hates HHH personally for being Champ, no idea where you got that from. It's just easy to get sick of over the hill part timers getting consistently pushed and booked better than any future talent bar "The Chosen One".

It's not a coincidence he's always in these prime spots on the roster (despite not being an active performer) for the past five years

Undertaker (2x), CM Punk, Brock Lesnar (3x, 1 of 2 people who's beaten him since he's returned), Daniel Bryan, Evolution/Shield (2x), Sting, and now holding the strap.
I'm not talking about and don't care about any of that, I'm talking about this current situation. If they are dead set on Roman standing tall at Mania then HHH is perfectly fine as the big villain in the background for Roman to beat since there's no one else who can do it.

Crazy, we were sitting in the movie watching deadpool and this crazy thought of watching a WWE ppv on the big screen came to mind.

If you could watch one ppv on the big screen what would it be?

I'm going with WM 17. Hearing "My Way" over and over on those speakers and seeing that Rock Austin pkg would be grand.

Canada gets the big ppvs at theaters. Prolly gonna watch wrestlemania at one

Top Bottom