• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Mahonay

Banned
Vader showing up with Harley Race to Starrcade 93' in a town car. Crowd outside chanting "Va-der, Va-der, Va-der, Va-der". Vader squeezes his big ass out of the passenger seat. With his mask and MMA gloves already on, he's wearing a Ribera jacket with a towel stuffed in around the neck, sweatpants, and some huge fucking basketball sneakers.

"We're gonna party tonight YEAH! No pain, no pain baby!"

Early 90's Vader is the fucking best.

Mahonay

Banned
Footage of Ric Flair saying goodbye to his family at their home before Vader murders him. The somber mood and dress is like a funeral. Mean Gene ushers out the dead man walking.

I fucking love this.

Heroman

Banned
Is this the most 90's thing that ever 90'd?
No
screen-shot-2014-06-11-at-9-20-34-am.png

Mahonay

Banned
Lol I've always found it hilarious how white bread early 90's wrestling crowds chant "WHOOP, THERE-IT-IS" for any hip hop themed teams/wrestlers. Both WCW and WWF crowds were doing it around this time. It's like it's the only thing they know that's related to hip hop or rap.

The team of 2 Cold Scorpio and Marcus Bagwell w/Teddy Long are recipients of said chant at Starrcade 93'.

Browny

Banned
Lol I've always found it hilarious how white bread early 90's wrestling crowds chant "WHOOP, THERE-IT-IS" for any hip hop themed teams/wrestlers. Both WCW and WWF crowds were doing it around this time. It's like it's the only thing they know that's related to hip hop or rap.

The team of 2 Cold Scorpio and Marcus Bagwell are recipients of said chant at Starrcade 93'.

I went looking for Public Enemy gifs, and found these (courtesy of Legitshook...):

I love Regal.

The team of 2 Cold Scorpio and Marcus Bagwell w/Teddy Long are recipients of said chant at Starrcade 93'.

The hip hop thing hit me when I was re-watching Wrestlemania 10 and M.O.M came out. I completely forgot Mabel started out in a corny as hell tag team where they would come out and try to dance.

Mahonay

Banned
The Shockmaster! Wooooo. Typhoon in a construction hat and work clothes. Truly shocking.

Lol and he beats Awesome Kong and King Kong by himself in one minute. What a beast. Shocking.
The hip hop thing hit me when I was re-watching Wrestlemania 10 and M.O.M came out. I completely forgot Mabel started out in a corny as hell tag team where they would come out and try to dance.
Fuck that was the worst.

Fox318

I've heard Regal would judge what to do based on the crowd.

More kids and he would do more comedy and focus on facials, more of an older male crowd and he would bring the strong style out.

Mahonay

Banned
I've heard Regal would judge what to do based on the crowd.

More kids and he would do more comedy and focus on facials, more of an older male crowd and he would bring the strong style out.
Yep. Best mind in wrestling IMO. It's too bad he was riddled with substance abuse when he could have peaked as a top talent. Regal is still an all-time great, but obviously a lot of missed opportunity to really break through.

Really happy to see him so involved with NXT since he's an incredible teacher. He did train D Bry after all.

oh christ the new wwe.com looks like the absolute shits

fucking modern day mobile web design bullshit

I know these designs don't end up working well on desktop due to the amount of whitespace and layout, but they work well on tablets & phones. I'm willing to be that most of their traffic is coming from mobile devices.

Mahonay

Banned
During Stunning Steve Austin Vs Dustin Rhodes at Starrcade 93',

Tony Shiavone: "You are looking at the two men who will dominate WCW in the next decade."

Things work out just a little differently.

Top Bottom