• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Tom Nook

The alternate colors could work. Fans tweet which color they would like to see next week.

HDRColorRyu.PNG

MG310

Brock vs. Luke Harper on the March 12th Network special. Please let it go more than 2 minutes before Wyatt fuckery.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How much did Vince pay for this WWE.com redesign?

I mean, its not any better or worse than the old one, I guess. I mean, other than the fact it loads slow as shit.

Brock vs. Luke Harper on the March 12th Network special. Please let it go more than 2 minutes before Wyatt fuckery.

Didn't they have Lesnar just squashing people at house shows? I think the Network special is just a house show and the last two times they did one of these....he just squashed someone and collected a paycheck.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Both Finn and Corbin gave some appaling promos on NXT. Clearly they are skipping promo class.

I don't know what the deal is but it seems like everyone on NXT gives promos where they're looking at cue cards behind the camera. It's not just Finn and Corbin. The only guys who don't do that are Samoa Joe and Sami Zayn, which is probably why they're likely to get promoted.

That will be a time to be alive: Samoa Joe and AJ Styles team up to fight Kevin Steen and El Generico, live on Raw on the USA Network.

The dusty finish on NXT was fucken horseshit as fuck by the way. I mean, not quite "corbin gets double submitted' level horseshit, but it was pretty fucken dumb. Like, all Joe did was sorta drape his arm. They probably could have spent like ~10 minutes coming up with a plausible double pin where it actually looked uncertain who was being pinned because that happens all the time with stupid package rollups.

kiguel182

I don't know what the deal is but it seems like everyone on NXT gives promos where they're looking at cue cards behind the camera. It's not just Finn and Corbin. The only guys who don't do that are Samoa Joe and Sami Zayn, which is probably why they're likely to get promoted.

That will be a time to be alive: Samoa Joe and AJ Styles team up to fight Kevin Steen and El Generico, live on Raw on the USA Network.

The dusty finish on NXT was fucken horseshit as fuck by the way. I mean, not quite "corbin gets double submitted' level horseshit, but it was pretty fucken dumb. Like, all Joe did was sorta drape his arm. They probably could have spent like ~10 minutes coming up with a plausible double pin where it actually looked uncertain who was being pinned because that happens all the time with stupid package rollups.

Yeah, that finish was bullshit. Joe had an arm over Zayn's wrist and Zayn clearly did a move on Joe before the pin.
They are streatching this angle really thin with all these false finishes.

Zach

HHH was deservedly the top heel of the attitude era, and yeah he absolutely was a big reason I was watching back then. HHH not being over is absolute bullshit. All the proof you need is that ridiculous pop he got for his 2002 return.

Haha, Triple H. What a lucky, overachieving wrestling nerd. He's just the guy at work who sticks around long enough to be elevated to management because, well, I guess he deserves it.

Footage of Ric Flair saying goodbye to his family at their home before Vader murders him. The somber mood and dress is like a funeral. Mean Gene ushers out the dead man walking.

I fucking love this.

Incredible stuff.

I went looking for Public Enemy gifs, and found these (courtesy of Legitshook...):

I love Regal.

Regal should be in everyone's top ten.

Zach

What have we seen from Jordan outside of being the hot tag? He was nothing before being paired with Gable.

This is true. But he's something now and ain't nobody putting the toothpaste back in the tube, daddeh!

But seriously, I hope Gable/JJ don't break up any time soon. They're the best together. I very much hope to see them at NXT Dallas.

Yeah, that finish was bullshit. Joe had an arm over Zayn's wrist and Zayn clearly did a move on Joe before the pin.
They are streatching this angle really thin with all these false finishes.

Just wait until you watch Fastlane and you find out they were just testing reactions for a Roman/Ambrose disputed submission on Brock.

Kornflayx

This is true. But he's something now and ain't nobody putting the toothpaste back in the tube, daddeh!

But seriously, I hope Gable/JJ don't break up any time soon. They're the best together. I very much hope to see them at NXT Dallas.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Gable & Jordan. If he keeps improving, he will be bigger on the main roster than Gable.

I just think it's unfair that people keep forgetting that Reigns was a significant part of those great Shield matches.

Zach

This is absolutely not true, at least not in my opinion.

I am of the opinion that Triple H got over by repeatedly working with some of the most over guys in the business during the biggest era of the business.

Still a Jeff Jarrett-tier talent, though.

:D

Triple H was, is and forever will be overrated as a wrestler in WWE.

Yeah, and it's super annoying to us who lived through the Attitude Era. But it makes sense, right? I mean, I understand why they act like he was the biggest thing ever.

Angry Grimace

HHH did what everyone here would do if it was possible: fuck the boss's hot daughter and leverage nepotism into a position he wasn't necessarily qualified for. I don't *really* blame him at all for doing it if he could get away with it and on the plus side he seems pretty competent at the wrestling exec gig.

And sure, you can say he's "overrated as a wrestler," but so many of the big stars were overrated as wrestlers. For every Randy Savage there's a Hulk Hogan. For every Seth Rollins there's a Roman Reigns.

Angry Grimace

The weird thing is that they redesigned the main website in a way that gives NXT a lot more presence there (the list of current champions and superstars has NXT people on it, as do the splash banners) but then they didn't change anything about the Network site which makes NXT stuff kind of difficult to actually find since they don't group NXT as an actual label on the front page.

Zach

HHH did what everyone here would do if it was possible: fuck the boss's hot daughter and leverage nepotism into a position he wasn't necessarily qualified for. I don't *really* blame him at all for doing it if he could get away with it and on the plus side he seems pretty competent at the wrestling exec gig.

And sure, you can say he's "overrated as a wrestler," but so many of the big stars were overrated as wrestlers. For every Randy Savage there's a Hulk Hogan. For every Seth Rollins there's a Roman Reigns.

I think you're misconstruing a bit. This isn't just about in-ring skill. Triple H didn't have top-shelf in-ring skill, look, promo ability, charisma, etc. He's average-to-good in every department.

But that, of course, is just my opinion.

Angry Grimace

I think you're misconstruing a bit. This isn't just about in-ring skill. Triple H didn't have top-shelf in-ring skill, look, promo ability, charisma, etc. He's average-to-good in every department.

But that, of course, is just my opinion.

There's not that many total packages, really.

(cue 50MB Lex Luger gifs)

jmdajr

WWE.COM is all different now.

edit:

Let's face it. Fucking Steph was a huge risk. HHH could have been banned from wrestling for life. But the cerebral assassin made it work.

Your favs could never!

Zach

I'm too cool to click that.

There's not that many total packages, really.

(cue 50MB Lex Luger gifs)

I'm not saying there are. I'm saying Triple H doesn't excel at anything.

2000 - mid 2001 HHH was awesome. Everything else was OK to good.
If anyone else got hurt as often as HHH did in 1998, they would be tagged as "too injury prone" and shoved down the card

And it's possible that I watch 2000-2001 Triple H in the coming year or three and HE BLOWS MY MIND.

But I doubt it.

Zach

Speaking of Total Packages, who would you guys consider a 9-or-better on each quality of The Official Bret Hart Wrassle Scale?

The Official Bret Hart Wrassle Scale
Look: out of 10
Promo: out of 10
In-ring ability: out of 10

I'd say Flair is an easy pick.

Kornflayx

And it's possible that I watch 2000-2001 Triple H in the coming year or three and HE BLOWS MY MIND.

But I doubt it.

As soon as he starts his feud with Foley he starts to really get it IMO. He had a really fun match with Taka Michinoku on SD or RAW that surprised me. I think he was a completely different wrestler back then.

Top Bottom