• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Nitemare1

I dont really follow wrestling as close as I used to but I just discovered Lucha Underground this week. Mil Muertes is fucking terrifying to me. I havent been this afraid of a fictional character since papa shango! Also Im afraid im going to wake up some morning and Pentagon Jr. is going to be standing over me waiting to break my arm. I dont know what the general consensus of LU is here with the wrestlegaffers but Im really getting a kick out of it.

PS thats John Morrison isnt it?

FyreWulff

As much as Vince hates the word Wrestling and loves the term Sports Entertainment, I'm still surprised there hasn't been a conscious effort to change the name of Wrestlemania.

Brand and name is too big now of course to change it but I wonder if it was ever discussed.

He probably would if he could. But there's a lot of people that actually only watch Wrestlemania, and nothing else. Most of my family only watches Mania.

Zach

Some of that was really hard to pay attention to. And let's not talk about the Mad Dog Vachon/Crusher/Lawler segment. Jesus Christ.

Austin vs. McMahon is still pretty fun, though! And this RAW intro the night after is pretty amazing. Ha!

kiguel182

I dont really follow wrestling as close as I used to but I just discovered Lucha Underground this week. Mil Muertes is fucking terrifying to me. I havent been this afraid of a fictional character since papa shango! Also Im afraid im going to wake up some morning and Pentagon Jr. is going to be standing over me waiting to break my arm. I dont know what the general consensus of LU is here with the wrestlegaffers but Im really getting a kick out of it.

PS thats John Morrison isnt it?

I just started watching LU in this second season and Mil Muertes really looks terrifying. It's amazing.

And yes, that's John Morrison.

iMax

As much as Vince hates the word Wrestling and loves the term Sports Entertainment, I'm still surprised there hasn't been a conscious effort to change the name of Wrestlemania.

Brand and name is too big now of course to change it but I wonder if it was ever discussed.

He'd have to change the name of the company too. Even if they don't legally stand for anything, they can't just be arbitrary letters. Their meaning won't be forgotten.

I really don't understand what's wrong with the term 'wrestling'.

He'd have to change the name of the company too. Even if they don't legally stand for anything, they can't just be arbitrary letters. Their meaning won't be forgotten.

Vince is an olz idiot. Don't bite the fucking hand that feeds you, he needs to learn. This company was built in wrestling and he wouldn't be anywhere without it. Just deal with it.

Well they are half way there. They dont use "world wrestling entertainment" much if at all anymore.

Its literally just WWE.

Go mess around on WWE.com or the corporate site. All times they talk about the company if a official manor its just WWE.

Edit.

Messing around of the corporate site and it took me a few minutes but I did eventually find a use of world wrestling entertainment.

Also I found this tidbit.

"Since its debut in 1999, “SmackDown” has always been TV-PG"

Is that true?

iMax

Well they are half way there. They dont use "world wrestling entertainment" much if at all anymore.

Its literally just WWE.

Go mess around on WWE.com or the corporate site. All times they talk about the company if a official manor its just WWE.

Yeah but who are they kidding? They think those letters are just arbitrary and don't have no meaning?

I still think the fact that Vince wasn't willing to put up a big fight for the "WWF" name is stupid. Asshole couldn't even protect his brand. That was the beginning of the end of this damn shit we enjoy.

Who is going to say, "I want to work for the world wrestling entertainment."

Doesn't, "I want to work for the world wrestling federation" sound more legit?

For a man with the balls the size of grapefruits, he sure did let the lions, tigers, and bears take his manhood.

Zach

June 1, 1998. The Nitro debut of the Wolfpac theme. The wrestling world will never be the same again.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I blame Bluekaveli's bad influence.

I still think the fact that Vince wasn't willing to put up a big fight for the "WWF" name is stupid. Asshole couldn't even protect his brand. That was the beginning of the end of this damn shit we enjoy.

For a man with the balls the size of grapefruits, he sure did let the lions, tigers, and bears take his manhood.

What, was Vince going to risk the PR nightmare of a legal battle with a charity organization when he was probably more than happy to change it to "entertainment"?

Dont Forget the pandas dude

Jerm411

June 1, 1998. The Nitro debut of the Wolfpac theme. The wrestling world will never be the same again.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I blame Bluekaveli's bad influence.

....you might wind up in a body bag.

Those lyrics are quite fitting seeing as C-Murder did the theme...

AcrobaticEmbellishedDungenesscrab.gif

Gurrry

For Fastlane -

What I want to happen - Brock wins after Roman and Ambrose end up turning on eachother.

Or.. Ambrose wins after turning on reigns and he pins him while Brock is distracted (plz not by the wyatts).

What will probably happen - Roman pins Brock and Ambrose clean at the same time while smirking and stands up and shakes both of their hands and everyone lives happily ever after.

Great song. That era No Limit was on fire!!
For a while Master P was my favourite rapper(or was it Silkk(I know lol) even though Pac was my greatest. But No Limit was on a totally different level. They were like the damn nWo in a way.

Then you had Ca$h Money Billionaires who took all of their shine(that's a totally different story from this.) but No Limit would've possibly had Nate, Snoop, and Pac under their wing. Crazy thought.

Hmmmmm the ending to the Raw after Mania XIII is strange.

Striker

Heyman probably would have been killed by a disgruntled employee since they still weren't getting paid.

A lot of wCw employees still would've jumped ship because working for the company up north is where you really wanted to be. No matter how much fun they were having in wCw everyone knew that WWE was just the "holy grail of wrestling".

This page fell to the second page.
After seeing how many had been used so poorly after the Invasion, I wouldn't say that is 100%.

Brand split helped guys like Benoit, Eddie and Rey.

After seeing how many had been used so poorly after the Invasion, I wouldn't say that is 100%.

Brand split helped guys like Benoit, Eddie and Rey.
Well we wouldn't have known until after the buyouy happened though.
Silkk made tons just off his collaboration with Mya.
And he's still eating off of that money and Trina. Silkk was the man, even though he has getting off beat constantly.

Well duh you knew Owen since he was a baby Bret.

How dare he want things to be shipped normally

It's the cost of it as well, almost £10/$14.4 more than a customer in the US would be expected to pay. I get that they've got to make money and international shipping sucks, but again, this is the attraction of digital distribution for international customers.

I can't wait to be alone with someone's mother tonight!

Savio so much better in the NoD. Only thing is it reminds me of when Tatanka joined Ted. Something you couldn't imagine happening but works.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't wait to be alone with someone's mother tonight!

Savio so much better in the NoD. Only thing is it reminds me of when Tatanka joined Ted. Something you couldn't imagine happening but works.

After awhile Savio and Kama start dressing alike and if they do distance shots it can be hard to pick them out. Close up its no problem at all!

Top Bottom