• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

kirblar

Vince lose the name because they made a bad deal with them years earlier that was going to trainwreck their ability to argue a case in court.

6Imgqfd.png
Watching this Nitro segment. Yes, this is pretty bad. Wrasslin' jobbers.

Random boxer guy K.Os Jeans Guy #3!

After awhile Savio and Kama start dressing alike and if they do distance shots it can be hard to pick them out. Close up its no problem at all!
Dude! I knew I wasn't the only one who thought they were the same person at one time.

Vince lose the name because they made a bad deal with them years earlier that was going to trainwreck their ability to argue a case in court.
Finally I can be at peace. I always wondered what really fucked them over.

The fireball trick, how did they do that exactly?

Ithil

So, just because I'm curious.

Is NXT commentary recorded live or solely added in after?

Half and half I believe. They're there at the arena recording it, but a bunch of it is dubbed in later, usually with updated info if the tapings are old. Sometimes it's a bit obvious.

Striker

Well we wouldn't have known until after the buyouy happened though..
Each guy had their own ceiling in each company. Dudes like the Steiners were better off in WCW, same for Vader. It was good for Eddie and Benoit in their respective runs, but that only happens under the brand split. Though guys like Flair, Triple H, Hogan and Michaels could impede a person's position.

somedevil

According to prowrestling sheet Elgin signed a 2 year deal with new japan. Also something funny from the New Japan Show:

All building up to the big finally of Street fighter V at a to be determined location.

somedevil

I think I read a few comments in here calling it BS.

But it was a really good match overall, and sets things up quite nicely hopefully.

If you want to know the feud ends in
3 weeks in a match that takes up a whole show or 50 minutes.

The funny thing is
this match has been called either 5 star match of the year and some actually say its a 1 star match.

Pikma

Banned
If you want to know the feud ends in
3 weeks in a match that takes up a whole show or 50 minutes.

The funny thing is
this match has been called either 5 star match of the year and some actually say its a 1 star match.
Holy fuck, cannot wait

It's the cost of it as well, almost £10/$14.4 more than a customer in the US would be expected to pay. I get that they've got to make money and international shipping sucks, but again, this is the attraction of digital distribution for international customers.

In their defense, I'm American so I matter more

Still astounds me that they thought that shit was ok

Highspots going after Boots again

How dare he want things to be shipped normally

I was following this exchange too and Boots couldn't have been more on point. It's a pretty shitty situation when you order something like that and it's available to download on torrent sites way before you even get your DVD / Bluray. I understand that piracy won't be prevented either way, but making the content legally available as a download or VOD at the same time the physical copies become available shouldn't be too much to expect in 2016.

According to prowrestling sheet Elgin signed a 2 year deal with new japan. Also something funny from the New Japan Show:

All building up to the big finally of Street fighter V at a to be determined location.

Suddenly I am wondering this was why they pointed out that kid with the bullet club t shirt on RAW

Each guy had their own ceiling in each company. Dudes like the Steiners were better off in WCW, same for Vader. It was good for Eddie and Benoit in their respective runs, but that only happens under the brand split. Though guys like Flair, Triple H, Hogan and Michaels could impede a person's position.
I understand you now, at first I didn't quite get what you were hitting at.

The second Raw after that Mania show was when Bret officially re-unites with Owen and Davey Boy. :)
Lol yeah, I think it's funny though. When you get toward the end of year you have all of these factions and the big 3,there wasn't a clear heel or face between them. NoD, DX, and THF (even though the crowd dictated that NoD were clearly the heels).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I only watched those RAWs for the first time a few months ago and Bret making up with Owen is one of the best segments in RAW history.

Actually it's pretty clear that all three factions (and eventually LB) are all heels! The only factions in 1997 that get clear face reactions are The Hart Foundation in Canada and DOA in redneck areas when they face the Nation.

I only watched those RAWs for the first time a few months ago and Bret making up with Owen is one of the best segments in RAW history.
He was only 13 and he stood up to that teacher picking on Owen. Bret was shooting around the same age Gucci was trapping.

Edit: Same shit I had come to conclusion with as far as the factions go. But NoD got so much more heat. Almost never got cheered but those rebels in the crowd loved them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NOD basically never gets cheered, you're not wrong there.

DX and THF have slight face moments, though not really DX in 1997, then again they aren't actually even a faction until the very end. Los B's never get cheered either.

There aren't many true faces left by the end of 1997, the list is basically The Undertaker and Ken Shamrock. Stone Cold still isn't quite there yet and won't be until he starts full time feuding with Vince.

NOD basically never gets cheered, you're not wrong there.

DX and THF have slight face moments, though not really DX in 1997, then again they aren't actually even a faction until the very end. Los B's never get cheered either.

There aren't many true faces left by the end of 1997, the list is basically The Undertaker and Ken Shamrock. Stone Cold still isn't quite there yet and won't be until he starts full time feuding with Vince.
97 was weird dude. I remember we cheered for Taker obviously, my cousins loved Austin however I still didn't get invested in him until 2000 maybe. Shamrock was badass so we liked him too. I was the odd one because I liked HBK and The Rock, even though they turned "bad guys". My other set of cousins watched more wCw than we did so hearing a lot about Sting was confusing. I guess Vince got so edgy be forgot his while "good versus evil" template during that time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
97 was weird dude. I remember we cheered for Taker obviously, my cousins loved Austin however I still didn't get invested in him until 2000 maybe. Shamrock was badass so we liked him too. I was the odd one because I liked HBK and The Rock, even though they turned "bad guys". My other set of cousins watched more wCw than we did so hearing a lot about Sting was confusing. I guess Vince got so edgy be forgot his while "good versus evil" template during that time.

It starts happening at the end of 1996. Goldust turns face...but HBK and Bret start acting like whiny douches. Stone Cold is...well, stone cold evil but he is getting louder cheers. Sid beat up an old man and got cheered for it. Ahmed is face when healthy, Vader and Mankind are heels, Marc Mero is a face but is soon to be injured.

The depth of the roster is never lower than it is by the end of 1997 a year later.

It starts happening at the end of 1996. Goldust turns face...but HBK and Bret start acting like whiny douches. Stone Cold is...well, stone cold evil but he is getting louder cheers. Sid beat up an old man and got cheered for it. Ahmed is face when healthy, Vader and Mankind are heels, Marc Mero is a face but is soon to be injured.

The depth of the roster is never lower than it is by the end of 1997 a year later.
I think it was probably, "who cares if they're good or bad as long as they are cool!"

Even though nWo were bad, they were cool.

You would've thought they were in soooo much trouble since they couldn't establish who they wanted to the ones cheered but luckily it all worked out.

A funny overlooked thing: When Reigns wins at Mania, it'll be his 3rd world title reign. His first? Came in late-November.

So it'll be 3 in 5 months.

So he'll be on pace to break Flair's record by around Mania 34. Let's do it

Top Bottom