• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

In 97 the best looking bodies were Shamrock, Mero, and Chyna. I said last week that I never noticed how buff be was and it was damn scary. Also Billy looked like he was starting to get on something in 97 as well.

I saw Shamrock's model in 2K16, and I thought they'd just given him cartoony proportions because of 2Kuality. But he really did look like Johnny Bravo back then.

maxresdefault.jpg

shamrock.jpg

I saw Shamrock's model in 2K16, and I thought they'd just given him cartoony proportions because of 2Kuality. But he really did look like Johnny Bravo back then.

maxresdefault.jpg

shamrock.jpg
He and Brock are like the only two dudes who have had their real life bodies in these Smackdown games(since they exaggerate everyones.)

Zach

There's some interesting happenings in Oklahoma wrestling right now. Got a notice today that a large number of wrestlers were operating under false blood work so they're putting new restrictions on licensing at events. They referred to it as epidemic levels. Something like 50 or so guys had fake bloodwork.
The landscape here which was already tough and hard to bring new people into will probably get worse.
I wonder if my dude Richie Adams is involved in this mess...

I remembered good theme being better when I was a kid. Now it's only ok
I prefer his WCW theme, but the WWF theme is still great.

MG310

Just got back from NXT Asbury Park.
Card was...

Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss. Alexa's selling is hilariously over the top - as was her run after she slapped Asuka and had to get the hell out of there.

Apollo Crews vs. Alex Riley - It was fine, tons of Let's Go Riley/Riley Sucks throughout.

Carmella vs. Peyton Royce - Probably my least favorite match...Carmella got a lot of cheers but there was a ton of stalling while both of them posed with Peyton's flower.

Enzo and Big Cass vs. Vaudevillains - A ton of fun - great promo by Enzo before the match which featured Cass singing Frankie Valli.

Austin Aries vs. Elias Samson - Samson showed a lot more personality than he has in his matches so far. Wasn't the best showcase for Aries. Aries finisher is a Roaring Elbow but with an Irish Whip setup like The Pounce.

Bayley vs. Eva Marie - My god the heat for Eva. Holy shit. She didn't do much but what she did was fine. Lots of punches,kicks,rest holds and posing...but it did a great job of building up to Bayley's comeback.

Finn/Sami vs. Joe/Corbin - Seemed like Finn was just selling the hurt ankle more than it actually still hurting. Went down after doing a standing double foot stomp but came back in a bit later. Finn/Zayn won with a Helluva Kick to Bloody Sunday combo. They celebrated with Zayn squeezing into Finn's tiny jacket and doing his stripper poses and Finn wearing Zayn's jacket and hat and dancing.

Here's some pics.

UberTag

I'd rather have Triple H v. Brock and Reigns v. Ambrose at Mania, but WWE is extremely stupid, so we'll get...

Triple H v. Reigns
Brock v. Bray
Ambrose v. ...uh...um...hmm...
Ambrose gets to be part of a multi-man match with Owens, Styles, Neville, Jericho, Breeze and a bunch of other guys that ensures they get a Mania payday and nobody gets over.

Even Stardust will get his own singles program against Stephen Amell.

Just got back from NXT Asbury Park.
Card was...

Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss. Alexa's selling is hilariously over the top - as was her run after she slapped Asuka and had to get the hell out of there.

Apollo Crews vs. Alex Riley - It was fine, tons of Let's Go Riley/Riley Sucks throughout.

Carmella vs. Peyton Royce - Probably my least favorite match...Carmella got a lot of cheers but there was a ton of stalling while both of them posed with Peyton's flower.

Enzo and Big Cass vs. Vaudevillains - A ton of fun - great promo by Enzo before the match which featured Cass singing Frankie Valli.

Austin Aries vs. Elias Samson - Samson showed a lot more personality than he has in his matches so far. Wasn't the best showcase for Aries. Aries finisher is a Roaring Elbow but with an Irish Whip setup like The Pounce.

Bayley vs. Eva Marie - My god the heat for Eva. Holy shit. She didn't do much but what she did was fine. Lots of punches,kicks,rest holds and posing...but it did a great job of building up to Bayley's comeback.

Finn/Sami vs. Joe/Corbin - Seemed like Finn was just selling the hurt ankle more than it actually still hurting. Went down after doing a standing double foot stomp but came back in a bit later. Finn/Zayn won with a Helluva Kick to Bloody Sunday combo. They celebrated with Zayn squeezing into Finn's tiny jacket and doing his stripper poses and Finn wearing Zayn's jacket and hat and dancing.

Here's some pics.
Any pics of A ri? I want to see how buff he is.

He's like 2 months away from having that look where you can tell it is painful for him to exist this way...like Test near the end of his WWE run.
I need to see what the hell he looks like shit. He could actually become Vince's toy if he looks as crazy as he sounds.

Edit: he's not as big as I was expecting. Needs more hgh

I wonder if my dude Richie Adams is involved in this mess...

I had to look him up. Based on where he's wrestling is say it's a decent chance but not with him knowing. That's based on a guess about what's really going on. Again it's all prelim but it'll be interesting around here for a bit.

Interesting read. Really a shame. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if AOL hadn't just said screw WCW. Really wonder what the landscape of the business would look like today had both WCW and ECW survived.
Heyman probably would have been killed by a disgruntled employee since they still weren't getting paid.

A lot of wCw employees still would've jumped ship because working for the company up north is where you really wanted to be. No matter how much fun they were having in wCw everyone knew that WWE was just the "holy grail of wrestling".

This page fell to the second page.

Ya know. Always though it was weird WWE never played around twith stuff like sponsorships on the ring or those screens around the arena balconies like real sports do.

I wanna say TNA did it for a bit.

WWE is above the sponsors to do that. But they bend over backwards for the sponsors. Same way they say fuck the Internet but follow them on twitter, Instagram, Facebook, watch the WWE Network online, oh and don't forget follow them on Tout.

Son Of D

I bet Mark Henry wins the ARMBAR this year as he'll retire afterwards.
I'm guessing Henry or Stroman. Henry because of reasons you mentioned. Stroman because they want to build him up as a strong solo competitor.

Then again it's not like Big Show or Cesaro got a push after winning the last two.

Menome

Just watched the Bellator stuff from last night because I thought: "Surely it wasn't that bad, just a funny-timed .gif"

It was that bad. Holy shit.

Pikma

Banned
The only way I'd accept Reigns winning the triple threat is if he turned heel, but that's not happening so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

WWE is above the sponsors to do that. But they bend over backwards for the sponsors. Same way they say fuck the Internet but follow them on twitter, Instagram, Facebook, watch the WWE Network online, oh and don't forget follow them on Tout.

Maybe its one of those things Vince has a hard stance against.

In reality it would probably make WWE look more legitimate and be a fair be bitter then the advertising "skits" they do.

I would not be shocked if that changed one day.

Its like advertising in a sports video game. Its a bit weird when it isnt there.

MG310

Was this in the Convention Center? How was the layout handled? Last time I was in there they weren't really letting people walk around in the upper area.

They had everyone who wasn't seated on the floor use the upper level to get to their seats this time if that's what you mean.

For Fastlane: I'm going with the Wyatts coming for Brock in the middle of the match. Roman probably wins but because of the fuckery they either add Dean and make it a Triple Threat at Mania or go full Bryan and open WM with Dean vs. Roman for the right to face Triple H at the end of the show.

I'm going with the Triple Threat.

Recall

As much as Vince hates the word Wrestling and loves the term Sports Entertainment, I'm still surprised there hasn't been a conscious effort to change the name of Wrestlemania.

Brand and name is too big now of course to change it but I wonder if it was ever discussed.

Mahonay

Banned
As much as Vince hates the word Wrestling and loves the term Sports Entertainment, I'm still surprised there hasn't been a conscious effort to change the name of Wrestlemania.

Brand and name is too big now of course to change it but I wonder if it was ever discussed.
ENTERTAINMENT BONANZA 2K16

ManiaFest 2016.

I'd find Vince and give him a right hand in the face if he changed Wrestlemania's name.

Top Bottom