• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sorry to tell you bud but believe it or not they're about to be part time(not as bad as Brock) . Orton already had his schedule cut down and I could see Cena being that way once he comes back.

Why are you "sorry to tell [me]" about some fact you just made up

Why are you "sorry to tell [me]" about some fact you just made up
Watch and see. Cena will be a guy like Hunter for ambassador purposes. Orton, I could see getting out of the business other than returns for big shows. The guy has suffered plenty of injuries and even though the neck thing was said not to be true,I believe there's some truth to it.

The only superstar that's still full time in this picture is The Big Show.

EL OH EL

Imagine defending indy scrubs nonstop saying they're the future, and yet one by one their bodies each break and Big Show ends up the only one standing by the end.

Someday, Vince will be proven wrong - said for decades

Imagine defending indy scrubs nonstop saying they're the future, and yet one by one their bodies each break and Big Show ends up the only one standing by the end.

Someday, Vince will be proven wrong - said for decades
2 years my ass, Show will still be having major turns for the next 20 years. Unless Vince is able to find a legit monster who resembles Andre like Show does.

Yeah let's block him for trying to start a discussion!!!

Insulting posters constantly for pointing out certain people's bodies are breaking down noticeably and seeing the inevitable end isn't a discussion, it's tedious antics that endanger the thread's lifespan

But I wouldn't expect you to notice that, you were one of many here who insulted me and a few other posters for acknowledging for a while that Bryan was done and daring to support Reigns despite your pleas for a wounded man to endanger his lifespan

By the way, still waiting on that formal apology to Maroon from each of you

2 years my ass, Show will still be having major turns for the next 20 years. Unless Vince is able to find a legit monster who resembles Andre like Show does.

Show's probably only got a few years left, Kane's definitely got a few decades left.

I want him coming out of the ring to prevent HHH's kid from grabbing the belt in a ladder match

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Except its just idle speculation, same with Bryan. Neither Cena or Orton have specifically said anywhere they're moving to part time status. Hell, the last time I saw Orton he was still doing random 6-man tag matches on random episodes of Raw.

Show's probably only got a few years left, Kane's definitely got a few decades left.

I want him coming out of the ring to prevent HHH's kid from grabbing the belt in a ladder match
Yeah Show said two, so I could probably take his word. I'm surprised he's hung on for as long as he has. That break he took probably did wonders as a guy that big with his history, should've been gone a long time. Dude is blessed.

Pikma

Banned
Insulting posters constantly for pointing out certain people's bodies are breaking down noticeably and seeing the inevitable end isn't a discussion, it's tedious antics that endanger the thread's lifespan

But I wouldn't expect you to notice that, you were one of many here who insulted me and a few other posters for acknowledging for a while that Bryan was done and daring to support Reigns despite your pleas for a wounded man to endanger his lifespan

By the way, still waiting on that formal apology to Maroon from each of you
holy fuck, I insulted you? I must mean a lot for you to remember that, because I totally don't, but if I really did, I'm sorry.

dream

Grimace, one of the things that Heel and I have long-since realized is necessary in Wrestling GAF is to ask for sources when people make wild, unsourced claims. You'll find that 90% of the time, they'll say that they "read it somewhere on the Observer site" or "heard it on an Observer podcast" without actually being able to provide any evidence.

Sexy Star again (3rd time now) noshowed a AAA event where she and Pentagon were scheduled to lose the mixed tag belts. Pentagon did a handicap match, the finish was changed to him winning, and then he vacated the belts. So that debacle, plus the saga of Sexy Star in AAA, appear to finally be over

Sexy Star really seems unprofessional. Like, standing out this much amidst all the backstage AAA shit is tough to do

Bubba T

AcrobaticEmbellishedDungenesscrab.gif

Mr. Kennedy...what you could of been.

Hey, let's talk about silly wresting instead of being argumentative and petty.

That's mainly what goes on in silly wrestling.

The finish to the main event tomorrow feels inevitable, but to me I'm less unhappy with Roman winning and more so unhappy with the WM card that win seems to solidify. Roman vs. Triple H is a match that in and of itself will probably be good, and they have been so desperate to crown Roman for so long that it's better if they just finally get it over with. It's when you combine that with Brock vs. Bray and, likely, Owens vs. Ambrose XIII that the WM card as a whole just starts to seem like a massive disappointment. Roman losing tomorrow's main event would signify a change-up in the card as a whole, which would be nice.

Zach

Sting joining the Wolfpac sure was awkward. Slooowly descended from the rafters. Revealed his nWo Hollywood shirt. Comical celebration by Hogan and The Giant. Turns on Hogan and the Giant. Fumbles around trying to tear off the nWo Hollywood shirt. Eventually turns away from the camera and rips the shirt off from the bottom. AH-WOOOO.

God.

Angry Grimace

Grimace, one of the things that Heel and I have long-since realized is necessary in Wrestling GAF is to ask for sources when people make wild, unsourced claims. You'll find that 90% of the time, they'll say that they "read it somewhere on the Observer site" or "heard it on an Observer podcast" without actually being able to provide any evidence.

I just thought it was weird he was saying it like it was a thing I should have known when he was making it clear it was just speculation. I didn't think it was an actual thing because I imagine the IWC would lose it at the possibility of Cena stepping back.

The finish to the main event tomorrow feels inevitable, but to me I'm less unhappy with Roman winning and more so unhappy with the WM card that win seems to solidify. Roman vs. Triple H is a match that in and of itself will probably be good, and they have been so desperate to crown Roman for so long that it's better if they just finally get it over with. It's when you combine that with Brock vs. Bray and, likely, Owens vs. Ambrose XIII that the WM card as a whole just starts to seem like a massive disappointment. Roman losing tomorrow's main event would signify a change-up in the card as a whole, which would be nice.

It just seems weird because HHH vs. Rollins is a much longer burning storyline that they were very clearly building to before the injury, but HHH doesn't seem likely to be involved as wrestler much beyond WM and I don't feel like Reigns/HHH is an angle that ever needs closure.

Bubba T

Nah, his ridiculous injury luck followed him in TNA too. He was never going to be big because of that. Even now his greatest moment is silly reactions to Of Course Tito Ortiz

I thought he might of stayed injury free for a good period of time to go on a run, similar to Edge, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I thought he might of stayed injury free for a good period of time to go on a run, similar to Edge, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

He had too much concussions and went to a company that didn't (and still doesn't) take that issue seriously. It could have been much worse though, he could have took the place of Rob Terry for that dumbass chairshot spot

Colocho

Banned

I agree. I think Roman vs HHH could be a good match potentially, it's just that it leaves the whole card crippled. Ambrose would have fuck all to do (I think they're going for Owens vs Styles for the IC belt), Lesnar vs Wyatt is as lame as it sounds and aside from the Undertaker match, you have almost no more starpower going in to "the biggest Mania of all time".

Angry Grimace

...I guess we should slap together a Fastlane thread right? I assume people give a shit due to being right in front of mania right? Or is someone else doing it?

TOO SOON BEEF!

What's fascinating is just how very close he was to having a world heavyweight title run.
And then the injury that cost him the big one was in fact only a 2-3 weeks break.
I read that interview and I could tell he was bummed, of course you would be too if you found out that your chance to be on top was being stripped away due to a bad calling on an injury. But I kinda laughed because he said Stephanie told him that he's going to be out for however long and he's like wtf?

It worked out big time for Edge because that really made his character even more of a shithead.

Kennedy dodged a shitty storyline though, being revealed as Vince's son. The best thing to come from that would've been Rod.

Bubba T

He had too much concussions and went to a company that didn't (and still doesn't) take that issue seriously. It could have been much worse though, he could have took the place of Rob Terry for that dumbass chairshot spot

To be honest...who takes anything seriously in TNA?

I'm serious, each time I watch it seems be a parody of a wrestling show, even more so than WWE.

orioto

Good Art™
Also that whole injury prone thing about Kennedy is fake as shit. There was that doctor mistake first, then he wasn't injured on RAW actually, but there was the suspension, and also the movie shooting. But mainly, he was there for a whole season and they did nothing with him except for that HBK feud.

And in TNA, i don't remember him being injured, or maybe one time ?

The popular story about Anderson is that he fucked up everything and he's responsible for his career flop. But honestly, he's just one of the numerous victim of crappy booking everywhere. WWE dropped the ball for a fake injury, then did nothing with him, then killed his reactions by making him stop his gimmick, never take any revenge against Edge when everyone was just waiting for that, then have him turn for a crappy run (remember when they tried to have him talk about politics when it was the elections ?).. His second major push was abandoned without any reason (they could have waited) for the hornswaggle story (remember that ?). Then they tried again against Regal as the authority figure, except this time regal was suspended....

In TNA they gave him one major feud, against angle and it was incredible. That's the only thing they did with him for all those years. He never ever had a feud against guys like Joe, Styles etc... They did nothing. He had two titles nobody remember about cause it was sidelined. They capitalized on that horrible "asshole" thing.. it's fucking crazy how sometimes you realize the time goes supper fast and suddenly you're 39 and your career is over.

The important lesson here is that I got behind Kennedy as my guy (that wasn't Kane) for that time period and he gets plagued by injuries and teases of main event pushes that never materialise. Plus a movie.
Then I got behind Barrett as my guy (that also wasn't Kane) since 2010 and he also suffered from injuries and booking that never panned out. Plus a movie.

So basically whichever midcard talent smashing against the class ceiling that I truly support next may continue this cursed tradition, my apologies to them in advance for their injury list, underwhelming story results but hey they'll get a WWE stuidos movie role out of it I guess.

Bubba T

The important lesson here is that I got behind Kennedy as my guy (that wasn't Kane) for that time period and he gets plagued by injuries and teases of main event pushes that never materialise. Plus a movie.
Then I got behind Barrett as my guy (that also wasn't Kane) since 2010 and he also suffered from injuries and booking that never panned out. Plus a movie.

So basically whichever midcard talent smashing against the class ceiling that I truly support next may continue this cursed tradition, my apologies to them in advance for their injury list, underwhelming story results but hey they'll get a WWE stuidos movie role out of it I guess.

Stop supporting guys other than Kane.

Stop supporting guys other than Kane.

The tradeoff for this is I'll require eternal Kane in *insert any future year*, though he's pretty eternal as is, he bucks that injury trend something fierce.
He does join in those wasted potential and WWE movie categories mind you.

Hey Pal, we need you to get behind Reigns at this very minute. Make him look strong as hell in this thread man, you're our guy and we need you to stand behind this guy.

Hey Pal, we need you to get behind Reigns at this very minute. Make him look strong as hell in this thread man, you're our guy and we need you to stand behind this guy.

You make a convincing argument but by already main eventing a wrestlemania and being WWE champ he's already ascended, believe that.
I'm afraid that my heart already belongs to THE BIG GUY, thank Beef for allowing me to see the light.

It could be worse. Imagine the people who went from Bryan to Barrett to Sandow to Seth. Holy shit, never ending misery.

The tradeoff for this is I'll require eternal Kane in *insert any future year*, though he's pretty eternal as is, he bucks that injury trend something fierce.
He does join in those wasted potential and WWE movie categories mind you.

I still need to see See No Evil 2. The first one was alright. I have no excuse, it's $5 on DVD on Amazon. Probably getting it within the next month

You make a convincing argument but by already main eventing a wrestlemania and being WWE champ he's already ascended, believe that.
I'm afraid that my heart already belongs to THE BIG GUY, thank Beef for allowing me to see the light.
Welp, we're fucked guys.

Hmmmm at least Ryborg is fine. I don't believe he can massively be hurt like your other guys. He does the hurting.

Top Bottom