• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

shaowebb

I saw this going around on facebook but I dont think any of you guys participated but

Pick 5 PPVs for the entire year. the rest are gone forever

12742405_1015852105119905_7732519531649656823_n.jpg

Money in The Bank
Royal Rumble
Elimination Chamber
King of the Ring
Wrestlemania

I like gimmicky shit. A ppv for ladder stuff, over the top rope stuff, elimination matches, a tournament, and a culmination of all storylines at the end of the year. Its pretty much a little of everything.

Xion385

GAF, tell me I'm not insane to vote on my prediction ballot that Ambrose will win tomorrow. Did I just jinx it for us? Will my hope drive me insane?

As much as Vince hates the word Wrestling and loves the term Sports Entertainment, I'm still surprised there hasn't been a conscious effort to change the name of Wrestlemania.

Brand and name is too big now of course to change it but I wonder if it was ever discussed.

There was a rumor a few years ago that Vince wanted to just shorten the name to "WWE Mania." This was during the bizarre stretch where Vince forbade anyone from referring to them in the press as "World Wrestling Entertainment" and wanted it to just be called "WWE."

KingBroly

Banned
Royal Rumble
Wrestlemania
Money in the Bank
Summerslam
King of the Ring

KOTR Tournament Entrants
- RR winner
- MITB winner
- ARMBAR winner
- Last WWE Champion

Winner gets the Title Shot at the Rumble

There was a rumor a few years ago that Vince wanted to just shorten the name to "WWE Mania." This was during the bizarre stretch where Vince forbade anyone from referring to them in the press as "World Wrestling Entertainment" and wanted it to just be called "WWE."
That sounds like a damn Saturday night showcase of the jobbers.

Also being in that sc thread made my head hurt. So many crybabies on gaf who don't know about politics. I can't wait for Vince to run so he can crush everyone and their dreams. From the ring to the white house, nothing will stop him.

Right guys?

Guys?

Guys?

Syder

Pick 5 PPVs for the entire year. the rest are gone forever

1. Royal Rumble - Probably my favourite PPV of the year that isn't 'Mania. (Have it in February to be closer to WM to do the job of Fastlane. Also, make it a 40 man match every year)
  2. Wrestlemania - Nuff said. (Bring back women's tag team division at this year's WM so these useless Diva stables can actually do something)
  3. Money In The Bank - Combine MITB with the gimmicks of the other PPVs; Extreme Rules, Payback, Elimination Chamber, King Of The Ring, Hell In A Cell & TLC (Give out a MITB briefcase for the Divas too)
  4. SummerSlam - One of the longest running WWE PPVs so I'd hate to see it gone (usually draws good viewing figures)
  5. Night of Champions - Don't put any matches on the card that aren't for titles (Also, make the matches the spectacles by having ALL titles be defended, NO excuses, NO outside interference)

We need a new Taker for these kids now. I just had a flashback of how cool he was even though he was scary. Such a bigger than life character.

It's a fucking image from Slap Shot, the greatest sports movie of all time. It's even on the poster, which you can find by googling "sports movies"

God, and I thought Bryan Alvarez was in a wrestling bubble when he called a play action pass from an NFL game a "worked handoff". In 2015.

So what on earth is the Fastlane card?

Triple Threat Match/Winner Faces Triple H at WrestleMania 32 for the WWE World Title
Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns

Intercontinental Championship
Dolph Ziggler vs. Kevin Owens (c)

Divas Championship
Brie Bella vs. Charlotte (c)

Handicap Match
The Wyatt Family vs. Ryback, The Big Show & Kane

Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles

Naomi & Tamina vs. Becky Lynch & Sasha Banks

The New Day will appear on Edge & Christian's "The Cutting Edge Peep Show"

PRE-SHOW

United States Championship 2-out-of-3 Falls Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Kalisto (c)

shanafan

If Brie wins... Yawn. Just a hotshot way to give her a nice, final send off. But, it wouldn't make any sense. The main Divas right now are Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, and maybe Paige. They deserve to feud over the title.

It would be like Goldust was going to retire and they put him in a match with KO to win the IC one last time.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
A Diva's MITB Ladder Match could be pretty sweet. They should totally introduce a Diva's briefcase for the next MITB. There's enough women on the roster now that can wrestle for it to be worth it now I think.

Top Bottom