• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Taker V Unnamed Opponent @ WM

Taker enters the ring then this plays
and this appears on the titantron..

I dig it.
A matcg that would've been simply awesome for the WM entrance itself.

sweeny what you make of this

12742509_1019391328134784_7809758223141192729_n.jpg

John Cena Instagram Update from an hour ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCC0qgSmKOf/

An old picture of Taker, John Cena the greatest troll of all time
Keep that bum away from WWE for a while. Wouldn't want him to tear himself up anymore than he already is.
If Brie wins... Yawn. Just a hotshot way to give her a nice, final send off. But, it wouldn't make any sense. The main Divas right now are Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, and maybe Paige. They deserve to feud over the title.

It would be like Goldust was going to retire and they put him in a match with KO to win the IC one last time.
Can we just send boring ass Paige back to nxt?

Recall

Holy shit, what is it with NJPW guys burying opponents from different promotions. First Tanahashi with DDT, now Ishii with ROH

It's about NJPW pride.

You keep face by saying an outsider wasn't a threat. And if he was you wouldn't admit it.

You all cry kayfabe is dead, Japan keeps it alive and then you all cry for other reasons. Fans are never happy.

It's worth noting that this isn't out of character for Ishii, he's always been an asshole, but that's something that is often lost with the language barrier - especially considering he's so popular despite this. From the ROH side of things, he's coming in as an invader who took their TV title and disparaged their talent and worth - that isn't necessarily a bad premise for a run of TV tapings.

Aiii

So not worth it
He is being a heel.

Is Conor McGregor burying UFC by saying he is moving up a division because he buried his entire division and by saying Dos Anjos is a bum version of Aldo?

Getting worked up because a Japanese guy coming in as a foreign heel says bad stuff about the US belt, wrestlers and company because he is trying to antagonize the crowd tomrally against him? Yes, that is pretty dumb.

Kornflayx

He is being a heel.

Is Conor McGregor burying UFC by saying he is moving up a division because he buried his entire division and by saying Dos Anjos is a bum version of Aldo?

Getting worked up because a Japanese guy coming in as a foreign heel says bad stuff about the US belt, wrestlers and company because he is trying to antagonize the crowd tomrally against him? Yes, that is pretty dumb.

Again, what if he loses the title back to Strong, the guy he called weak? How does that help in any way?

But apparently I'm dumb, so what do I know.

Again, what if he loses the title back to Strong, the guy he called weak? How does that help in any way?

It's a chance for Strong to prove that Ishii was wrong about him and ROH - ideally, this is backed up by performances in the ring that demonstrates this to the Japanese audience. There's a lot of talk about Roddy being in the G1, so the idea is presumably to get him over with the Japanese audience, not make him look like a chump when all is said and done.

I wouldn't be shocked if Cena tapes himself together enough to work a Undertaker match at WM. Taker works so slow these days I bet they both could pull it off.

Could he work that one match and then stay out of the ring for a while after so he doesnt get hurt a month after returning again?

WWE medical will let Cena do whatever but at this stage, and given in the last year Cena returned too early twice and paid for it both times you would think they would left it be and let him actually heal this time.

Aiii

So not worth it

But apparently I'm dumb, so what do I know.

Heel gets his comeuppance, gains respect for his opponent. What a terrible wrestling story.

Is that Torri or Jackie Gayda? I guess they were interchangeably awful.

Hold on just a second there, rewatching some 2001 Raw reminds me of an important distinction here.
And that's Torrie being a lot more attractive.
I'm sure this exact bullet point is what ultimately led to that utterly bizarre Dawn Marie hotel segment from late 2002.

Back to 2001 and i'm at Survivor Series, I can't believe I even slightly bought into this fate of the company storyline back in the day. I look forward to rewatching the final showdown between Team WWE and Team more WWE also featuring WCW sensation Booker T and ECW Alumni Rob Van Dam.

Mahonay

Banned
Hold on just a second there, rewatching some 2001 Raw reminds me of an important distinction here.
And that's Torrie being a lot more attractive.
I'm sure this exact bullet point is what ultimately led to that utterly bizarre Dawn Marie hotel segment from late 2002.

Back to 2001 and i'm at Survivor Series, I can't believe I even slightly bought into this fate of the company storyline back in the day. I look forward to rewatching the final showdown between Team WWE and Team more WWE also featuring WCW sensation Booker T and ECW Alumni Rob Van Dam.
It's definitely Tori. One R not two, I spelt it wrong the first time. She's extremely forgettable. I only really remember what she did in the Kane/X-Pac storyline.

I was 15 by the time the WCW invasion happened and holy fuck I certainly did not buy into any of that shit. The two different teams were so insanely stupid and nonsensical. It's what got me to stop watching wrestling as religiously as I was, up until I just stopped for 10 years in 2003.
Cena just posted Undertakers picture on Instagram brother.

Who's NEXT?
Cena's Instagram is the fucking greatest.

Shit. They look exactly the same.

Also it doesn't help you guys saying Jackie Gayda feels like the first time I've heard that name in my life. I had completely wiped it from memory.

Releasing another Owl secret to the world: Back in 2000 Tori was my favourite diva, I have no idea why.

Can't believe this will be my last day being able to walk and work out for months. Onto the fastlane of recovery ����

Channel that Cena spirit and get well sooner than the laws of nature should allow.

Good luck, brother.

Releasing another Owl secret to the world: Back in 2000 Tori was my favourite diva, I have no idea why.

Channel that Cena spirit and get well sooner than the laws of nature should allow.
Thanks boys, I'm pumped for tomorrow morning. Just for the time off. Damnit everything else though, idk.

Idc what you all say but this promo is hilarious. Mankind slightly creeped me out as a kid but he always made me laugh with his low to high speaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYrdpZjIQUQ&app=desktop

UberTag

I feel like they should be doing a lot more with Summer.

She is def a step above the total divas lot but I cant remember the last time I saw her on RAW
This is probably appropriate given the state of WWE's programming today but Summer Rae WAS on RAW just this past Monday night. And she won her match against Paige.

I believe it was her first televised win of any kind since a pinfall victory over Emma last April on Main Event.

(And because the law of 50/50 booking applies to everyone, Paige would submit Summer Rae in the rematch they had on Main Event this week.)

Best of luck, man
Thanks brutha

Never give up. It's what Cena would want from you.
I have to endure Fastlane tonight, that's enough to kill a man.
Just imagine the crowd reaction you'll get when you return.
As long as no one tries to hold me down while I'm away, it'll all work according to plan.

This Raw is fucking weird, it's the one where they're in South Africa. Obviously the Raw was pre taped and so was this. JR and Honky Tonk left the previous Raw to go commentate this.

Ultratech

Oh right, we have a PPV tonight...

Fastlane Predictions:

United States Champion Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio (2-out-of-3-Falls Match)
This is the Preshow? For shame...anywho, should actually be a decent match. I give it to Kalisto assuming 50/50 booking isn't in effect.

Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (Triple Threat Match to determine Triple H's opponent at WrestleMania)
This should be pretty fun as well too. No idea how it's gonna turn out (I'm sorry, but LOL ROMAN WINS). Also, Brock might murder somebody!

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho
Eh...I'll admit I'm not interested in this match. Could be good though. AJ wins.

Ryback, Big Show & Kane vs. The Wyatt Family
This more or less sums up my thoughts on this match. It's gonna be awful. There are no winners here.

The New Day to appear on 'The Cutting Edge Peep Show'
*shrugs* Hey, it was listed under matches.

Becky Lynch & Sasha Banks vs. Naomi & Tamina
Given the inevitable outcome of this match, I only hope it ends with Sasha turning on Becky and getting a feud out of that.

Divas Champion Charlotte vs. Brie Bella
ACTING: The Match; Charlotte probably wins this handily. (I imagine there's some fuckery afoot in this match as well.)

Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler
KO gonna bury that jobber Ziggler. (I don't know, I just hope KO doesn't get stuck with the IC Title curse, though given that, he'll probably still win.)

RBH

Pink fluffy Handbag above the ring match!

I feel like they should be doing a lot more with Summer.

She is def a step above the total divas lot but I cant remember the last time I saw her on RAW

6 days ago when she beat Paige! :)

I've always been a fan of Summer, but the problem is that she's jumped around from gimmick to gimmick over the past few years and hasn't really had the chance to settle into anything. At all.

We'll see what they do with her now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Summer's real name is a lot cooler sounding than her wrestling name.

Top Bottom