• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Could you guys imagine if the Real Americans were formed in 2015?

Between refugees and the Mexican Wall, I have to think Zeb Coulter, European Cesaro and American Jack would have had a goldmine of trendy controversies to work with.

shanafan

This Finn/Bayley "bromance" at NXT live events is quickly becoming unappealing. Sort of glad I don't need to see them every Monday night.

iMax

Guys, another WrestleMania poster has leaked!

hhtdgUs.png

Bronx-Man

Banned

Between refugees and the Mexican Wall, I have to think Zeb Coulter, European Cesaro and American Jack would have had a goldmine of trendy controversies to work with.
That is until Glenn Beck starts bitching about his stupid ideology being mocked.

Guys, another WrestleMania poster has leaked!

hhtdgUs.png
I have more interest in that WrestleMania than the real WrestleMania.

He is being a heel.

Is Conor McGregor burying UFC by saying he is moving up a division because he buried his entire division and by saying Dos Anjos is a bum version of Aldo?

Getting worked up because a Japanese guy coming in as a foreign heel says bad stuff about the US belt, wrestlers and company because he is trying to antagonize the crowd tomrally against him? Yes, that is pretty dumb.

First off there's a big difference between what can be said in mma and wrestling. In mma if he can back it up he can whatever he wants.
In wrestling you've got to kee interest in a matchup. You're not being a heel saying a whole company is nothing to you. There's other ways to establish that you're the heel and not deflate interest in a rematch or angle.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

IIRC - Punk's said that him and Cena are actually decent friends (as much as Punk has friends that he's not super duper close with).

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/20/dave-bautista-manny-pacquiao-idiot-gay/

Batista staying great and perfect. <3 Boy, that "fans turning on him and costing him a world title run" thing couldn't have worked out any better if it were attempted a hundred times.

Concussed twice, including once when he finally got a world title reign

Batista is an awesome dude in RL. He's a dude who films fundraising videos with his ex-wife because they still get along. I always admired Rock and Batista a little for being so close to their exes.

Aiii

So not worth it
First off there's a big difference between what can be said in mma and wrestling. In mma if he can back it up he can whatever he wants.
In wrestling you've got to kee interest in a matchup. You're not being a heel saying a whole company is nothing to you. There's other ways to establish that you're the heel and not deflate interest in a rematch or angle.

I disagree that it deflates interest. It is a classic foreign Heel Dynamic. It is Rusev running down these puny Americans and taking their worthless US title that have nothing against his Soviet Russia might (in 2015) before getting his ass kicked by the American icon at WrestleMania.

It is a simple and solid story. A disrespectful heel that is taught a lesson by the valiant face.

Recall

be traditional/don't be traditional

Make up your mind.

Do you yell at your TV shouting "you're doing it wrong!"?

UberTag

That might well be one of the best no-sells of Cena by someone else that I've ever witnessed. Why can't the fans no-sell him like this?

No reason that band can't get back together once Cesaro's healthy. It's not like he has a tag team with Kidd to go back to.

be traditional/don't be traditional

Make up your mind.

Do you yell at your TV shouting "you're doing it wrong!"?
I'm glad you let me know you're not the kind of person who can have a discussion based on that last sentence. With Aiii I feel like we just have different opinions. With you I know it's not worth the effort.

lol brock's in third place in the Insta voting for who fans think wins the main event

Even with a month of no interaction, his Rumble exit alone let everyone know he was fighting a Wyatt

shanafan

I love it, not sure why would it be unappealing.

Boy those whole two skits at two house shows you didn't attend is so unappealing.

They lack a purpose. I just don't get the appeal of Bayley overall I guess. And in an ironic sort-of way, her tagline of "I'm a hugger" is quite fitting for the PG era.

And then you have Finn Balor, who also has a demon persona, wearing this "I'm a hugger" shirt and the arm flair that Bayley does. I guess next stop is Kane coming out with a New Day unicorn on his head, parading around. It doesn't need to happen in both situations.

Trust me, I like fun.. but this isn't fun, lol.

“As far as me participating in WrestleMania 32, the Magic 8-Ball says ‘ask again later. It would be personally unfortunate for me to miss WrestleMania. But if I can’t perform, it would be unfortunate for the people watching WrestleMania to see me suffer through something that isn’t worthy of the event. I take a very unselfish approach to my job and what I do because people spend their hard-earned money to enjoy what we do,” added Cena. “And our goal is to deliver the best show possible. If I can contribute to that, great. If I can’t then, it not helping any of fans … we’ll see how it works.”

We'll be fine Cena, let Vince pay for this shit he's built.

Showaddy

They lack a purpose. I just don't get the appeal of Bayley overall I guess. And in an ironic sort-of way, her tagline of "I'm a hugger" is quite fitting for the PG era.

And then you have Finn Balor, who also has a demon persona, wearing this "I'm a hugger" shirt and the arm flair that Bayley does. I guess next stop is Kane coming out with a New Day unicorn on his head, parading around. It doesn't need to happen in both situations.

Eh think you're the problem here and not the skit if you don't find it fun. It's 2 performers messing around and having a laugh out of character at a house show for the benefit of the audience, I don't think they've ever interacted once at a taped show.

Hex

Banned

It is pretty fun to me.
Alot of fun actually.
Looks like alot of fun to them too.
And looks like alot of fun to the crown.
Alot of fun had by ...well...pretty much almost everyone.

UberTag

House show antics are house show antics. Creative doesn't even really have any input into them.
It's best not to lose sleep over what angle nonsense gets thrown at the fan during house shows.

Top Bottom