• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Crowd mics have been muted before. Unless people think Smackdown really does just have that much wacky random applause louder than the commentators' mics because people are just so psyched to be on fucking Smackdown

Heel

professor beef, friend, i know you're right, but you're in a losing battle against an unwavering, entrenched hatred for kevin dunn, a person they have seen maybe 3 pictures of on the internet, based on a shoot interview. just let them wallow in their hatred.

tumblr_o2vrdhN5dG1szg0njo10_1280.png

make one for Ryback that says "Last name Fuck first name Dumb As"

Oh yeah, guys, sorry it took so long (I was moving into my new house today! Yay!) but I wanted to give you my thoughts on NXT in Albany. Great show, but it felt like a step down from the last one.

First off, a giant fuck you to the Albany Armory. They had a whopping two people there to take tickets, and a giant fucking line that went around the building. It was absolutely awful. We missed halfway through the first match and a lot of people missed the first two. And to make matters worse, after mostly everyone had got in, they opened a side entrance. Dickholes.

So I missed half of the first match, and it was Asuka vs. Eva Marie so I was fine with that because holy crap, not even Asuka can make Eva look good. Asuke did bust out a sweet Nakamura-esque armbar counter from a clothesline, then transitioned into the Asuka Lock for the sub.

Second match was Apollo Crews vs. Alex Riley. It was originally supposed to be Riley vs. Sami Zayn, but I guess they changed it at the last minute. Fine match, Crews wins with the Apollo Bomb.

Third match was Carmella vs. Peyton Royce. Carmella is pretty damn over, surprisingly. They did a whole sequence with Peyton's flower that they've been doing at the other shows I guess. Carmella won with her Koji Clutch move where she hits a Flatliner and transitions into the headscissor clutch.

Fourth match was Enzo and Cass vs. the Vaudevillains. HOLY FUCKING SHIT CALL UP ENZO AND CASS RIGHT NOW. Easily among the most over guys there, it was ridiculous. They thanked Albany for being amazing last time (and we were!). This was suprisingly a really good tag match, plenty of hope spots, great tag work, and the Vaudevillans got some really good stuff in too, plus the fans clapping along to their entrance was fun. Also, screw the two dickbags in Enzo and Cass shirts who wouldn't fucking sit down in front of us. One of them even screamed "You should've paid more for better seats!", when our seats cost the same, idiot. Enzo and Cass win with the Rocket Launcher.

After intermission, the next match was Elias Sampson, who tried to sing a song, but nobody could understand it because everyone was booing the fuck out of him and Oleing because they knew who his opponent was, vs. Sami Zayn. Surprisingly good back and forth match. One guy behind us really must like Sampson as he started screaming his head off about how awesome he was. Zayn wins with the Helluva Kick, next.

Next up, Women's title, Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley. Bayley, as you expect, got a huge pop (and had her WWIAFTM with her this time!) and everyone got in all the Bayley chants (Bayley's gonna hug you, Hey we want some Bayley, even the UK one), as she did the Worm for the fans. Five minutes of stalling gave us a "This is wrestling!" chant. Bayley wins with the Bayley to Belly OUTTANOWHERE.

Main event was Corbin and Joe vs. Finn and Austin Aries, Huge heat for Corbin, big pops for the other three. Before I get into the match, I should mention the Sampson guy from earlier was SCREAMING at Joe about his weight. He had some really funny fat jokes too, which I feel bad about. It got so bad security threatened to throw him out. Anyway, huge pop for Austin, Finn got in all of his stuff, and won with a Bloody Sunday on Corbin (which honestly, I like way better for him as a finisher than the Coup de Grace...never been a fan of the flying double stomp).

Then, the real fun began.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugu5P0HurZA

Probably one of the greatest things I've ever seen in the history of professional wrestling.

Oh, and some chick had a "Finnger Bang Me" sign.

LycanXIII

Asuka zooming up to Nakamura when he walks in is sort of cute.
Itami's loud thought of "FUCK!" is also funny.

At least we know Itami's still alive.

Fourth match was Enzo and Cass vs. the Vaudevillains. HOLY FUCKING SHIT CALL UP ENZO AND CASS RIGHT NOW. Easily among the most over guys there, it was ridiculous.

They were trending tonight on Twitter after they didn't debut. For a company that promotes false trends so often, they probably won't even respond to it.

I'll never get over the fact that Shane had a better view of what was coming and how the inside of the company was going to look than anybody else, and his response was to literally take his shares, every cent to his name, and every possession he had not nailed down, and leave to start over in fucking China

6 years later and yeah, it makes sense

Verendus

Banned
Pick out the Roman that was still going to the gym with Seth.
He looks fine..I really wish they would have him ditch the Shield aesthetic but they seem afraid of doing so.
Reigns definitely seems to have lost some mass and definition. Ambrose is no different. It might not be as noticeable if you're always seeing them, but I've noticed them changing when I catch the PPVs.

You probably just need to go back about 12-18 months.

Verendus

Banned
I anticipated his method acting as soon as I saw he was starring in some WWE movie. He's clearly taking his craft seriously, and going the Christian Bale route.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How many days until the start (resumption?) of the Roman Empire? HHH has the toughest fight of his life ahead of him, getting people to not cheer him, and you can Believe That.

Anth0ny

Ambrose been looking skinny as fuck these days. Maybe to go with his meth like gimmick.

it's to go with his "Roman's little buddy" gimmick

can't wait to see dean pat roman on the back tomorrow and tell him to give triple h hell at mania, while he enters the 6 man ladder match for the IC title

Verendus

Banned

can't wait to see dean pat roman on the back tomorrow and tell him to give triple h hell at mania, while he enters the 6 man ladder match for the IC title
If they put six men in a ladder match, you'll end up with a five match card at Wrasslin'Mania. Every person counts right now. It's everyone. They're on the line.

KingBroly

Banned
It's going to be fucking sweet the next time someone cashes in MITB on Reigns.

You know why? Fuck him. That's why.

I'm tired of WWE's 'All Roman, All the Time' bullshit. A year and a half of this crap. No one else. When he's not on screen, everyone's going 'Where's Roman?' to the point of parody. He's not a good wrestler. He's not a good talker. He's not a good character. Yet because he can look slightly smug, he makes Vince sweat at night.

Reigns is going to face Triple H

Brock is going to face Bray

Ambrose has no one to fight in a major singles match.

Stardust might face Stephen Amell in a singles match.

And that's the problem of why this company is fucking terrible.

MG310

Hopefully we just get the AJ/Owens singles match and Kallisto gets the ladder match.

UberTag

I'm tired of WWE's 'All Roman, All the Time' bullshit. A year and a half of this crap. No one else. When he's not on screen, everyone's going 'Where's Roman?' to the point of parody. He's not a good wrestler. He's not a good talker. He's not a good character. Yet because he can look slightly smug, he makes Vince sweat at night.
tumblr_niv7n0f5hw1r35q8fo1_500.jpg

I'll never get over the fact that Shane had a better view of what was coming and how the inside of the company was going to look than anybody else, and his response was to literally take his shares, every cent to his name, and every possession he had not nailed down, and leave to start over in fucking China

6 years later and yeah, it makes sense
He and Linda were the only two with common sense.
It's going to be fucking sweet the next time someone cashes in MITB on Reigns.

You know why? Fuck him. That's why.

Reigns is going to face Triple H

Brock is going to face Bray

Ambrose has no one to fight in a major singles match.

Stardust might face Stephen Amell in a singles match.

And that's the problem of why this company is fucking terrible.
You're absolutely right. This ppv sucked donkey balls but the next ppv will suck donkey pee pee. I hope this Mania bombs so hard that they call Hogan in to be the World Champion. Shit is horse manure.

Recall

Pre-show match was quite fun.
Opening tag was decent.
Kevin Owens vs Ziggler was fine.
6 man tag was a lumbering mess.
Charlotte vs Brie was horrific.
AJ vs Y2J was good but felt awkward
Promo time almost killed the hot crowd dead.
Truth vs Riley match was pretty bad.
Main event was enjoyable with a predictable outcome.

UberTag

Truth vs Riley match was pretty bad.
Congratulations... you actually got me to feel sorry for Curtis Axel / Michael McGillicutty / Joe Hennig.
None of those names are RILEY.

That's like the lowest insult you can give to a wrestler. Mistaking them for Alex Riley.

Recall

Congratulations... you actually got me to feel sorry for Curtis Axel / Michael McGillicutty / Joe Hennig.
None of those names are RILEY.

That's like the lowest insult you can give to a wrestler. Mistaking them for Alex Riley.

Not caring / Alex Riley same thing.

Undertaker vs Alex Riley
Brock Lesnar vs Alex Riley
HHH vs Alex Riley

All confirmed for Mania (Star)

UberTag

So we've got...
- Roman vs. Triple H (w/ part-time distractions to help get Roman over)
- Brock vs. Ambrose and his laughable offense
- Taker vs. Cena (if he has a miracle recovery); if not, Taker vs. Goldberg/Big Dave/Sting's Lifeless Corpse
- Brauny the Strowman winning the ARMBAR
- Owens vs. Styles
- Multi-man Spotfest Match for the US Title
- Charlotte vs. The Boss vs. Becky Lynch
- The New Day vs. The League of Nations

This is our Mania card, isn't it?

The Roman era has been going on for 2+ years, nothing on note happened yet.

Nah not in Vince's eyes, even though he's already a 2x time champion. It wont start until they get that Fireworks confetti moment at Wrestlemania that they can edit into future promo packages and documentaries with cheers edited in. Roman about to bury and beat Lesnar, Styles, Balor, Nakamura, Joe, Zayn, Cesaro and more. Followed by love angles with Sasha and Bayley. We goin on a ride for 10 plus years.

DMczaf

Also, Meltzer goes on another "Roman is not the guy" rant.

2 years in a row with this rant, and his character is exactly where he was a year ago...

I'll readily admit that Ambrose's in ring has taken a step backward, but I think people are understating just how insane it is that he is one of the most over guys on the roster while creative has had absolutely nothing for him but being Roman's buddy

Farsi

I'll readily admit that Ambrose's in ring has taken a step backward, but I think people are understating just how insane it is that he is one of the most over guys on the roster while creative has had absolutely nothing for him but being Roman's buddy

It's not hard to get a crazy rebel over esp with young women.

It's not hard to get a crazy rebel over esp with young women.

In modern day WWE it's a monumental achievement for anybody to get over (which is why so few people are). You have to overcome 50/50 booking, little to no character development, shitting writing, commentary that does close to nothing to help get you over (outside of Smackdown now), and being MASSIVELY overexposed.

Top Bottom