• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Alucard

Banned
I had no expectations going into Fastlane, and it was even worse than I expected.

Things that stood out:

-Glad they're keeping the belt on Kalisto.
-Becky & Sasha keeps putting on great matches
-Y2J and AJ had a good, yet sloppy match
-Bre vs. Charlotte was godawful
-Wyatt's are useless. Break them up if they're going to be anything but PPV jobbers
-Ryback is still unsafe as fuck in the ring
-New Day segment was awful, and I hope that wasn't how they planned to turn them face
-There was no point to the R-truth match. They could've moved that to the pre-show instead
-I guess I should've known Roman was going to win given how much they hinted at Brock vs. Ambrose happening at WM. Horrible ending though.

Fastlane started out strong, then quickly fell off.

Would you say it...

veered off the road?
drove into a ditch?
crash and burned?
ran out of gas?
hit the e-brake?
shifted down a few gears?

shanafan

We'll all still watch Mania and either say it was better than expected or we'll complain online about our disappointment. And Vince will keep making money all the while.

Everything will be fine. Sometimes it's good to take a break from reading wrestling forums because no matter what the product is out there, people will criticize it left and right. It happened during the Attitude Era, and it will continue to happen whether Roman Reigns is WWE Champion, or Damien Sandow is WWE Champion.

I mean, wow, people were angry when Curtis Axel vs R-Truth happened last night. Does it really matter? Yeah, it was filler content for a smaller card, but it's nothing to get upset about. Sure, maybe it would have made more sense to happen earlier in the show, but it didn't change anything else scheduled so really at the end of the day, it didn't matter.

I think the attention span of some wrestling fans can be brutally short. There were two decent matches in a row, and then a bad one between Charlotte and Brie. The comments started to pour in that the PPV was terrible during the match. It's like, you just saw two good matches, you can't expect match on the card to be an A rating. For every Stone Cold vs Rock match back in the Attitude Era, there was a Viscera and Mideon vs Too Cool match.

Sephzilla

A Brie Bella match was awful? Imagine that. This is the same person who had to get carried through a match by goddamn Stephanie McMahon. I can't blame Charlotte for struggling to pull a bad wrestler through a match.

Menome

Thanks to Ryback's attempted murder of Luke Harper, we now have HOUSE for February:

4ykeKCx.png

How does Brock put over Ambrose to another level? Beat the blood and piss out of him for 15 mins til the point he's just a stain in the mat crawling through his own blood...Brock gives that "what is wrong with you look?? Why don't you quit???" And then finally ends the match.

Do something similar Austin/Bret but with Brock violence

I agree this has to be the ultimate ending to the match, but I also want to see Ambrose go full CZf'nW on Brock, breaking out the light tubes, thumbtacks, barbwire-wrapped flaming tables, etc. only for Brock to no sell literally all of them.

2) The point of him beating the streak was because Vince wanted to waste a 20 year legacy on a shock value moment.

Leading up to the match UT was so beat up even Vince didn't think he'd ever work again. Given that, why wouldn't you put Lesnar over? It did give them a compelling character for like 18 months, even if some of his heat is off now.

jmdajr

A Brie Bella match was awful? Imagine that. This is the same person who had to get carried through a match by goddamn Stephanie McMahon. I can't blame Charlotte for struggling to pull a bad wrestler through a match.

It sucks because I think the crowd wants to root for her, but the the execution is terrible. Again and again.

Oh well. She won't be around much longer I think.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm organizing a WrassleGAF SFV Tournament.

PM me if you're entering, make sure to give your CFN name. I'll draw up the brackets in a couple days and it's up to you all to make it happen.

Winner gets the Season Pass for SFV, if they own it, we'll figure something out.

You must be an established Wrasslegaffer to enter. I will check post counts from January to make sure nobody's coming in just to win.

If you showed up in Feb, I'm sorry, but this is what paying your dues is like. There will be more.

Let's do something that's sorely needed in this community, which is some community building and fun!

jmdajr

PM me if you're entering, make sure to give your CFN name. I'll draw up the brackets in a couple days and it's up to you all to make it happen.

Winner gets the Season Pass for SFV, if they own it, we'll figure something out.

You must be an established Wrasslegaffer to enter. I will check post counts from January to make sure nobody's coming in just to win.

If you showed up in Feb, I'm sorry, but this is what paying your dues is like. There will be more.

Let's do something that's sorely needed in this community, which is some community building and fun!

Dumb question because I NEVER buy DLC.

Once you buy season pass, is it yours for good?

I swore I wouldn't buy this game until there was more content, then good ol' Mom sends a little bonus in my Valentine Day card.

I actually beat someone online and quit for the rest of the day. Wouldn't want to ruin the streak! The dude was probably like a 3 year old.

Sephzilla

Leading up to the match UT was so beat up even Vince didn't think he'd ever work again. Given that, why wouldn't you put Lesnar over? It did give them a compelling character for like 18 months, even if some of his heat is off now.

To echo what I said in the past, the big reason Brock beating Taker didn't work for me is because the build up to the match was horrible. Brock wasn't built up as any kind of legit threat to Undertaker at all. In an alternate universe that feud is built up as a back and forth thing where Brock straight up isn't scared of any Undertaker bullshit and takes the fight back to him leading up to WM30 and Brock actually beating Taker is just the culmination of Taker's defeat.

Kick ass, I'm in. Also welcome back.

kFWvFCa.gif

this is a brilliant idea and i approve of this 100%

what is the cut off date?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb question because I NEVER buy DLC.

Once you buy season pass, is it yours for good?

I swore I wouldn't buy this game until there was more content, then good ol' Mom sends a little bonus in my Valentine Day card.

I actually beat someone online and quit for the rest of the day. Wouldn't want to ruin the streak! The dude was probably like a 3 year old.

That's really nice of your mom. Season pass is yours for good.

this is a brilliant idea and i approve of this 100%

what is the cut off date?

sometime this week. I dunno. It is whatever it is. Send the PM pal.

One Day ill get my shot

Anth0ny

I agree this has to be the ultimate ending to the match, but I also want to see Ambrose go full CZf'nW on Brock, breaking out the light tubes, thumbtacks, barbwire-wrapped flaming tables, etc. only for Brock to no sell literally all of them.

How does Brock put over Ambrose to another level? Beat the blood and piss out of him for 15 mins til the point he's just a stain in the mat crawling through his own blood...Brock gives that "what is wrong with you look?? Why don't you quit???" And then finally ends the match.

Do something similar Austin/Bret but with Brock violence

I could actually see a Foley/Taker esque feud between the two working really well.

Mankind lost those matches but benefitted so much from them. However, in this PG, concussion conscious era, I'm not sure how far they could go...

Mahonay

Banned
Mahonay's Fastlane 2016 match grades:

A: Excellent B: Very good C: Average D: Below average F: Bad

Pre-Show:
ADR vs Kalisto
C+

An otherwise so-so match was brought up greatly due to Mauro Ranallo's commentary.

Fastlane PPV:
Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch vs Naomi and Tamina
- D+

The closing of that match with Sasha and Becky unleashing on Team BAD was it's saving grace.

Kevin Owens vs Dolphins Ziggler
B

Great match once again by these two. The match could have been so much stronger if WWE bothered weaving an actual story for their feud.

Kane, The Big Show, and Ryback vs Eric Rowan, Luke Harper, and Braun Strowman
F-

No one on the planet Earth cared about this match up. Truly horrendous booking.

Charlotte vs Brie Bella
F

Really bad pairing for Charlotte as she's not able to carry poor wrestlers at this point. Extremely sloppy match from beginning to end.

AJ Styles vs Jericho
D+

Jericho could not keep up with AJ at all. He was blown up in the ring very quickly and the match suffered greatly. Lots of botches, very meandering.

The New Day goof off against Edge and Christian
F

Jesus Christ. Started out pretty good and then quickly became a total abortion. I was upset for having to sit through it.

Curtis Axel vs R-Truth
F

A complete nothing match. I thought it was there just to set up The Golden Truth, but they didn't even give us that after it was teased. Why wasn't Kalisto vs ADR on the main PPV instead of this?

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose
B+

Very fun and well put together match, up until the finish happened. They choreographed the outcome before the match started, with how furiously the commentary team was putting over Roman Reigns during his entrance. It was still pretty upsetting to watch that finish unfold before my eyes. Which would be great work by WWE if Roman was heel.

My grade for Fastlane 2016 as a whole
D-

Sephzilla

After Fastlane last night I have to say I don't buy into the IWC narrative that Dean Ambrose is the most over guy in WWE right now. Between last night and what I hear during other shows the guy gets solid pops and is definitely more over than Roman, but I wouldn't say he's more over than Lesnar, New Day, or Kevin Owens and AJ Styles is catching up to Ambrose really fucking fast.

imBask

Banned
Jericho could not keep up with AJ at all. He was blown up in the ring very quickly and the match suffered greatly. Lots of botches, very meandering.

bro, Jericho could totally keep up, he even kicked out of the styles clash!!!!

the representation of AJ as a weak outsider was to so predictable, I don't know what I expected from this fucking company

Sephzilla

You know who was useless last night, Paul Heyman. What was the point of him being out there? I thought he'd be more involved in the match.

Paul doesn't really get involved in Lesnar matches though. He comes out and talks big for Brock and then lets Brock destroy things, because Brock doesn't need help.

Mahonay

Banned
bro, Jericho could totally keep up, he even kicked out of the styles clash!!!!

the representation of AJ as a weak outsider was to so predictable, I don't know what I expected from this fucking company
I was extremely upset when Jericho kicked out of the Styles Clash. Fucking why.

Ambrose versus Brock is basically just going to be a less good Brock versus Punk and thats OK I guess.

Brock works with heavy weights a bit too much so its fun to see a small guy bounce off him for a match now and again and TBH I cant think of anything better for him to do. Owens would be OK as well but I wouldnt swap one for the other.

Biggest problem is Ambrose as a character kinda sucks so I dont expect the build to be anything worthwhile.

Sephzilla

Ambrose versus Brock is basically just going to be a less good Brock versus Punk and thats OK I guess.

Brock works with heavy weights a bit too much so its fun to see a small guy bounce off him for a match now and again and TBH I cant think of anything better for him to do. Owens would be OK as well but I wouldnt swap one for the other

I'd rather have Brock vs Owens than Brock vs Ambrose. Brock vs Ambrose would only work if they let Dean go full CZW in order to fight Lesnar, which isn't going to happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ambrose vs Lesnar will be cool if they go that route. I'm interested! Dean works well and has physical charisma, as does Brock, so both of them together should be entertaining.

Hey welcome back!

Thank you :)

Top Bottom