• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

imBask

Banned
outside of Brock vs Ambrose though...

-HHH vs Reigns? I love HHH and I still don't care
-Charlotte vs whoever the fuck? couldn't care less
-Owens vs ??? depends on who the opponent is
-will Kalisto even be on the card, honestly?
-I have no idea who the tag team champs are and I don't care at this point, that division is dead

vs

-Nakamura vs Zayn
-Balor vs Joe
-Bayley vs Asuka
-Dash and Dawson vs American Alphas
-Aries vs Corbin

this isn't a fair fight.

Mahonay

Banned
Being extremely upset that the wrestling move didn't beat the bad guy isn't a healthy reaction. Is everything okay Mahonay?
Yeah you're right, the Styles Clash hasn't been protected and built up for years now or anything like that. It's just a typical finisher that should be kicked out from when it's hit for the very first time in WWE on a 45 year old man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What a great time for you to come back. Such positive things happening in WWE...

There's a bigger world out there, friend. A world without WWE! A temple, if you will.
SpW9VBS.jpg

There's a hell of a lot of good wrestling on from other promotions. LU especially has been making me happy. Time travel! Mil Muertes! It's so good right now.

Sephzilla

outside of Brock vs Ambrose though...

-HHH vs Reigns? I love HHH and I still don't care
-Charlotte vs whoever the fuck? couldn't care less
-Owens vs ??? depends on who the opponent is
-will Kalisto even be on the card, honestly?
-I have no idea who the tag team champs are and I don't care at this point, that division is dead

vs

-Nakamura vs Zayn
-Balor vs Joe
-Bayley vs Asuka
-WubBros vs American Alphas
-Aries vs Corbin

this isn't a fair fight.

I'm a little behind on my NXT wouldn't American Alpha be fighting Dash and Dawson for the belts by now?

Mahonay

Banned
There's a bigger world out there, friend. A world without WWE! A temple, if you will.
SpW9VBS.jpg

There's a hell of a lot of good wrestling on from other promotions. LU especially has been making me happy. Time travel! Mil Muertes! It's so good right now.
I do really have to catch up on the latest LU episodes.

And I've been watching a lot of early 90's WCW PPVs as I follow The Lapsed Fan Starrcade journey, which has been pretty damn fun.

Fox318

SpW9VBS.jpg

They need to get season 1 on amazon.

Kaladin

They have six weeks to make us care about Roman.

They were somewhat successful in December, maybe with more Roman vs H antics they can capture that again.

They also have to use Mania to build Ambrose as the guy. Whether it's against Brock or whoever, he needs a big moment.

They need Cena vs Taker at this point. That is their marquee matchup barring The Rock coming back to wrestle again.

Even telling the story they want to tell with Reigns being the top guy, Ambrose being a friendly foil to Reigns and Rollins being the cowardly heel to them both, they have a lot of work to get to where they want to be.

Fox318

They were somewhat successful in December, maybe with more Roman vs H antics they can capture that again.

They also have to use Mania to build Ambrose as the guy. Whether it's against Brock or whoever, he needs a big moment.

They need Cena vs Taker at this point. That is their marquee matchup barring The Rock coming back to wrestle again.

Even telling the story they want to tell with Reigns being the top guy, Ambrose being a friendly foil to Reigns and Rollins being the cowardly heel to them both, they have a lot of work to get to where they want to be.

They have 6 weeks to make fans boo HHH who they have been building up as the ring leader of a grand circus on NXT.

Hoping a WM card would be

Lesnar vs Ambrose
HHH vs Rome
Charlotte vs Sasha vs Becky
KO vs Styles
Kalisto vs zig zags
New Day vs Sheamus & Rusev
Social Outcasts jamming with FloRida
Battle Royal

Verendus

Banned
Thank Godzilla Sunny is back.

Now I can finally rest assured the power of positivity will never fade to give way for the power of negativity.

And looks like I just need Joan Cena vs. Undertaker to get my top three matches. Wrasslin'Mania looking sweet now.

I'm organizing a WrassleGAF SFV Tournament.

PM me if you're entering, make sure to give your CFN name. I'll draw up the brackets in a couple days and it's up to you all to make it happen.

Winner gets the Season Pass for SFV, if they own it, we'll figure something out.

You must be an established Wrasslegaffer to enter. I will check post counts from January to make sure nobody's coming in just to win.

If you showed up in Feb, I'm sorry, but this is what paying your dues is like. There will be more.

Let's do something that's sorely needed in this community, which is some community building and fun!
I should qualify, I'm feeling confident in my Bison play.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do really have to catch up on the latest LU episodes.

And I've been watching a lot of early 90's WCW PPVs as I follow The Lapsed Fan Starrcade journey, which has been pretty damn fun.

LU's such a different strain of the wrassles, but it's so delightful. Also it has some of the best bodies in wrestling right now. King Cuerno has really stepped up his striations. Looks great. Also wrestling great. Also ACTING great. The vignettes are such a treat in a business that doesn't take them seriously.

LU has made me interested in Rey Mysterio. That alone is crazy.

You can find a lot of LU content at legitshook.com. Gifs, writeups, and more.

Recall

They've had 2 years to get Reigns into a better place, act on his negatives, hide them and push his positives but they didn't.

Austin went from Ring Master to top star of the company within 2 years.

The Rock went from Flex with pineapple hair to the top heel in the company withinin 2 years.

Reigns either sucks or the promotion is bad because within that time period it is possible to succeed.

Fox318

I really hope Cena doesn't work.

Let him guest ref the main event. They can have him lift Roman's hand up like so

Pxvi1H2.jpg

85kw0eUm.jpg

DDNx6ZAm.jpg

9gfxUl.jpg

"It's like poetry... It rhymes."

Jerm411

They've had 2 years to get Reigns into a better place, act on his negatives, hide them and push his positives but they didn't.

Austin went from Ring Master to top star of the company within 2 years.

The Rock went from Flex with pineapple hair to the top heel in the company withinin 2 years.

Reigns either sucks or the promotion is bad because within that time period it is possible to succeed.

They blew a huge opportunity IMO by not turning Reigns when Rollins was hurt, make him the Authority's new chosen one, and have Ambrose play the Austin-esque face role.

Not to mention after that, you could have Rollins return as a huge babyface with a ready made revenge storyline.

I mean the fans have been booing the guy left and right and shitting on him constantly...why not actually give them a reason to?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thank Godzilla Sunny is back.

Now I can finally rest assured the power of positivity will never fade to give way for the power of negativity.

And looks like I just need Joan Cena vs. Undertaker to get my top three matches. Wrasslin'Mania looking sweet now.

Thanks pal. You know me, I'm always looking on the bright side. Cena vs Undertaker should happen, I bet it will, and Mania will be good.

Mahonay

Banned
Even if Fastlane felt like a hot turd being carefully laid in my mouth, at least I had a ton of fun playing The Division beta with friends this past weekend

Ithil

I'm organizing a WrassleGAF SFV Tournament.

PM me if you're entering, make sure to give your CFN name. I'll draw up the brackets in a couple days and it's up to you all to make it happen.

Winner gets the Season Pass for SFV, if they own it, we'll figure something out.

You must be an established Wrasslegaffer to enter. I will check post counts from January to make sure nobody's coming in just to win.

If you showed up in Feb, I'm sorry, but this is what paying your dues is like. There will be more.

Let's do something that's sorely needed in this community, which is some community building and fun!
I will enter in spirit, as I do not own SFV. I will be in the background of stages, booing everyone heartily.

Mahonay

Banned
They blew a huge opportunity IMO by not turning Reigns when Rollins was hurt, make him the Authority's new chosen one, and have Ambrose play the Austin-esque face role.

Not to mention after that, you could have Rollins return as a huge babyface with a ready made revenge storyline.

I mean the fans have been booing the guy left and right and shitting on him constantly...why not actually give them a reason to?
Because that would be an actual organic storyline that makes sense. Can't let that kind of shit get in the way of Vince's brilliant story telling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After that showcase by Dada 5000, they need to bring back WWF Brawl For All. Del Rio will kill the entire full time roster.

Bellator "MMA Legends" x WWE Brawl for All? Yes please. Let's get Shamrock back out here.

Glad to have you back, I'm sorry that these people didn't see the relevance of the pregnant Tammy Sytch you posted

3wFfl6P.gif

Fox318

You know Vince is jerking it to the Big Show and Braun handicap match vs Roman for the Mania 33 main event as Roman tries to beat CM Punk's reign.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know Vince is jerking it to the Big Show and Braun handicap match vs Roman for the Mania 33 main event as Roman tries to beat CM Punk's reign.

What are you even posting?

Verendus

Banned
Thanks pal. You know me, I'm always looking on the bright side. Cena vs Undertaker should happen, I bet it will, and Mania will be good.
I feel more comfortable when you're here Sunny. Too many bloodthirsty folks around these parts and not enough FnP. I need protection.

I'll be hype if it happens. Sure it's not Reigns vs. Lesnar and Ambrose vs. Jimmy but this is the next best thing after Reigns lost at the Rumble. Cena and Undertaker just needs to happen and this event could be better than last years. That's a great top three.

Just need League of Nations vs. The Wyatts, Kalisto vs. Jericho, and Owens vs. AJ and I think that's a solid show. Get New Day in there against someone different too. Maybe a tag team ladder match or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel more comfortable when you're here Sunny. Too many bloodthirsty folks around these parts and not enough FnP. I need protection.

I'll be hype if it happens. Sure it's not Reigns vs. Lesnar and Ambrose vs. Jimmy but this is the next best thing after Reigns lost at the Rumble. Cena and Undertaker just needs to happen and this event could be better than last years. That's a great top three.

That said, I'm not sure that we can top last year's Rollins cash-in. God, that was something special.

Seth's return is going to be hot, and he's going to have a heck of a babyface run when he does return. If you read in between the lines, Reigns/Rollins is going to be a heck of a feud when he returns.

Fox318

What are you even posting?

Roman wins the strap from HHH and proceeds to defend the belt to decent reactions at house shows and bad to horrible reactions at PPVs or TV.

Vince panics and brings out the big guys and tries to stack the odds against Roman reigns.

Eventually this is what main event matches look like

b1L7td9l.jpg

Top Bottom